2022/23 Roster Thread XIII: Where the 13th Floor Has Been Located

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We live in a society. A Maximum Pain
™️
society.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
NOVEMBER 2021 -- 355 days ago
"It's interesting, we haven't had a good power play since '14-'15. That’s the last time," Fletcher, who was hired in December 2018, said. "I think it's six years, seven years — we've had a couple of 14th-place finishes, 17th, 18th, 24th.​
"Power play since I've been here has been an everyday question and clearly going back to '14-'15 it's been an everyday question here. ... Personally, I think that way too much blame or even credit gets attached to the power play coach."​

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Unbelievable….fletcher is the luckiest gm/guy ever.

In his next gm job interview, you know this Mfer is going to say injuries/covid we’re the reason the flyers were bad, while citing the 1st year as what “could’ve been”

-It wasn’t the fact he traded for/signed risto, who torts doesn’t even like
-It wasn’t trading assets to get rid of a + player in ghost
-It wasn’t signing Hayes to be a center, only to have an old school coach that they love think Noah f***ing cates is more responsible looool
-not ever addressing depth but going after useless waiver plugs

*im sure I’m missing 50 other things*

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I just can’t see it… idk why.

we had two 10 game losing streaks last year and we are approaching another one. A few of these this year have to result in some action, right?! Or am I just way too optomistic for change lol?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He’s 100% going to give credit for the early season winning to Torts and team defense.

We know this.

He doesn’t understand the concept of unsustainable shooting or save percentages. He doesn’t understand what good offense or defense is.

He just looks at end results when the team is winning, decides that’s the real team, and then makes up excuses for why the losing is an unavoidable act of god.

I assume his awful additions will get shoutouts too. Maybe a Niskanen and COVID mention.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"It's interesting, we haven't had a good power play since '14-'15. That’s the last time," Fletcher, who was hired in December 2018, said. "I think it's six years, seven years — we've had a couple of 14th-place finishes, 17th, 18th, 24th.​
"Power play since I've been here has been an everyday question and clearly going back to '14-'15 it's been an everyday question here. ... Personally, I think that way too much blame or even credit gets attached to the power play coach."​

I mean it’s not like the entire PP units haven’t been turned over and Fletcher isn’t on his 2nd (PP) coach. He’s not a magician!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

A real classic. Very interesting indeed.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Devils are on fire. Crazy cus they almost got Gaudreau and tried for tkachuk too. They will get a top fwd to join them soon too cus they should have the cap space + they have the assets to go after a guy like Meier (if he becomes available).

All good tho cus we have risto and Hayes lol

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Devils are on fire. Crazy cus they almost got Gaudreau and tried for tkachuk too. They will get a top fwd to join them soon too cus they should have the cap space + they have the assets to go after a guy like Meier (if he becomes available).

It’s just funny with the rebuilding concept.

Can a total burn to the ground tank have consequences? Might it not work in the grand scheme if management, and other areas don’t perform well?

For all of their failures. Which fans do we think have had more fun over the last few years? Who has been more entertained?

Jersey? Toronto? Edmonton? Montreal? Or the Flyers.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Some probably forget Palat is on the Devils because he has played 6 games before getting a minor surgery. So, they're primed to add him. People minimized Hischier's contract, despite being a 2-way stud, and now that looks like a bargain bin contract, ditto Hughes. They'll suffer for not signing Bratt, but they're really not on the hook for any bloated contracts. They have plenty of room. Hamilton (maligned too) is absolutely on a fair market contract. Siegenthaler and Marino are on affordable long-term deals; they'll add in Nemec and Luke Hughes on ELCs, along with Casey and Mukhamadullin as assets.

Writing was on the wall last season they were emerging; they just had garbage goaltending. They weren't a similar team to the Flyers, despite the standings, and they always had the elite talent. I really don't think it's absurd to say they might have the long-term best (or 2nd best) forward trio and most complete defense in the East. For as much as Josh Harris, their owner, can be annoying and corporate, he understands having a long view in the room.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

Devils did a tremendous job dropping to the bottom, then building with loads of high draft picks, opportunistic trades and UFA signings. This is the opposite of what Chuckles the Sad Clown did: squander assets, make mediocre picks, lose trades and overpay garbage UFAs. Yay?

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Some probably forget Palat is on the Devils because he has played 6 games before getting a minor surgery. So, they're primed to add him. People minimized Hischier's contract, despite being a 2-way stud, and now that looks like a bargain bin contract, ditto Hughes. They'll suffer for not signing Bratt, but they're really not on the hook for any bloated contracts. Hamilton (maligned too) is absolutely on a fair market contract. Siegenthaler and Marino are on nice long-term deals; they'll add in Nemec and L. Hughes on ELCs, along with Casey and Mukhamadullin.

Writing was on the wall last season that they were emerging. They just had garbage goaltending. I really don't think it's absurd to say they might have the long-term best (or 2nd best) forward trio in the east and most complete defense.
agree...
palat is like a free trade deadline acquisition for them this year when he comes back. The marino trade really helped them out too and definitely helps soften the blow if severson and graves leave (and as you said..nemec+hughes waiting).

I remember people in the main boards hating both the hughes and hischier signings (at the time). Crazy that they are only paying them 15 mill combined. Crazy good value that will definitely come in handy when signing/trading for someone. I can see them or the isles making a play for tarasneko although they do have holtz. Totally forgot about holtz lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Magua

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Devils did a tremendous job dropping to the bottom, then building with loads of high draft picks, opportunistic trades and UFA signings. This is the opposite of what Chuckles the Sad Clown did: squander assets, make mediocre picks, lose trades and overpay garbage UFAs. Yeah?
Our situation is just shit lol. The only thing going for us is that we will be able to draft high these next few years. Devils don't have any negative players signed long term.

We have ellis who has played less than 10 games, risto, hayes, atkinson whose injury is looking serious, 2 back surgery couts, and deslaurier. Thats almost 34 million down the drain. Absolutely ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad