Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Did Mintyukov do anything?
They lost 2-1 in extras.... I watched the first half both teams were playing super defensive. He impresses me almost every single time I watch him. He's definitely focusing more on defense since the trade... You can almost tell his new coaches told him they want him to be a shutdown defender compared to the go anywhere you want style coaching in Saginaw.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They lost 2-1 in extras.... I watched the first half both teams were playing super defensive. He impresses me almost every single time I watch him. He's definitely focusing more on defense since the trade... You can almost tell his new coaches told him they want him to be a shutdown defender compared to the go anywhere you want style coaching in Saginaw.

Maybe it’s a good thing if he is learning to be more of a shutdown defender. Ducks need a shutdown D, badly. Don’t want him to lose his offensive side of his game though.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Perbix is having a more productive season than I realized. Wonder if he gets an ELC.
Still think AHL PTO is more likely. I don't watch him play though, he could be a defensive presence that isn't translating to box scores.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Still think AHL PTO is more likely. I don't watch him play though, he could be a defensive presence that isn't translating to box scores.
Yeah probably. I'm really curious to see what call PV makes on him and Janicke, he could give them ELCs, AHL PTOs, or just not care to sign them at all and none would shock me

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah probably. I'm really curious to see what call PV makes on him and Janicke, he could give them ELCs, AHL PTOs, or just not care to sign them at all and none would shock me
One of the problems is that we have a bunch of guys going pro at the same time, so the number of contracts might squeeze a couple guys.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Zellweger highlights from last two games:

This game was freaking amazing to watch EDIT: Probably the best hockey game I've seen this year in any league honestly

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

It's a good article. PV said defense is something that Minty needs to work on, it's been reiterated by EP's Mitch Brown in this article with his tweet. Ottawa feels like they are stifling Minty's offensive mind, though. It does make me wonder if it might be better to convert Minty into a forward and keep that dynamic offensive prowess. We do lack top-end defensive talent, though.

If we sign both NCAAers and they look like they fit in the NHL at the end of the season, then we might have a surplus of D prospects. Minty could be that top-6 LW who probably can play a 200 ft game better than say Comtois, Jones, Leason, etc...

The thought is just an out-of-the-box thought that will most likely never happen.

• Haha
Reactions: MMC

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
It's a good article. PV said defense is something that Minty needs to work on, it's been reiterated by EP's Mitch Brown in this article with his tweet. Ottawa feels like they are stifling Minty's offensive mind, though. It does make me wonder if it might be better to convert Minty into a forward and keep that dynamic offensive prowess. We do lack top-end defensive talent, though.

If we sign both NCAAers and they look like they fit in the NHL at the end of the season, then we might have a surplus of D prospects. Minty could be that top-6 LW who probably can play a 200 ft game better than say Comtois, Jones, Leason, etc...

The thought is just an out-of-the-box thought that will most likely never happen.
Wut

Mintyukov has his first as a 67, shorthanded. Ties his career high with 17 goals on the year.

Oh shit didn't realize the game was so early, tuning in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad