Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 06.04.2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’m confused by the new rules, does this mean he can be signed?

Players that go undrafted can be signed to an entry level contract up until the start of the season. Once the season starts, they have to re-enter the next draft.

Philippe Myers is a good example of that. He went undrafted in 2015, at age 18 (Jan 1997-born). He was then invited to the Flyers prospect camp and signed his ELC on September 21st 2015, which then had 2 ELC slides and made him a first-time RFA in 2020

Reactions: NYR Viper

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
NCAA hockey will be fun to watch next year, for Rangers fans.

Hockey East: Berard and Chmelar (Providence), Hughes (Northeastern), Ollas (Merrimack)
Big Ten: Ciccolini (Michigan), Lamb (Minnesota)
ECAC: Karpa (Harvard), Kempf (Cornell)
NCHC: Laba (Colorado College), Mancini (Omaha)
CCHA: Kjellberg (Northern Michigan)
I think I saw that ESPN+ signed a contract with hockey East to broad cast conference games. The service already has the ECAC.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Players that go undrafted can be signed to an entry level contract up until the start of the season. Once the season starts, they have to re-enter the next draft.

Philippe Myers is a good example of that. He went undrafted in 2015, at age 18 (Jan 1997-born). He was then invited to the Flyers prospect camp and signed his ELC on September 21st 2015, which then had 2 ELC slides and made him a first-time RFA in 2020
Thanks, thought so

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

(Steven will probably know if below is obsolete)

If i understand correctly, there is a procedural aspect.
It is not 'free for all'.
Another example being Tolchinsky, who came to both NYR and Canes 'prospect camp', was gonna go to TC w NYR, but signed ELC w Canes in ~August.

To participate in Prospect Camp, or rookie tourney, or i presume, even NHL Training Camp, unsigned/undrafted player signs ATO(amateur tryOut contract) w NHL team.
My understanding is that the ATO is the prerequisite which qualifies the team, to then sign player to ELC, up to the deadline against signing for amatuer league/conference where he would otherwise play.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The tricky aspect is signing Brady now would disqualify him from NCAA/HockeyEast/Providence.
He could, like JTMiller/Tambellini/Hunter Skinner, foresake NCAA for Major Junior once on NYR's protected list
(Miller, Tambo, Skinner had choice. They were just drafted. Not yet signed. For NYR to acquire younger Berard now, he'd have to be signed)

ADDED NOTE: his CHL rights are with Chicoutimi in the Q

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Rangers got both new kids Scanlin and Mancini out of Nebraska-Omaha.. obviously there's some eyes there. Jacob Guévin is headed there this season as well so it'll be fun to check him out there. Crazy to see him go undrafted twice now. Some of those USHL D-men really fly under the radar.. Jake Livanavage flew all the way up to #54 on Central Scouting NA. The Chicago Steel have been spitting out some damn good prospects recently so its really surprising to see him go undrafted also

Reactions: nyr2k2

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Has there been any info on prospect camp this year? I feel like it’s usually right after the draft.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Has there been any info on prospect camp this year? I feel like it’s usually right after the draft.

I assume that it starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: surlysailor

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the roster with try-outs(not on NYR Protected List) highlighted
1657462181981.png

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Carl Berglund is 22 yr old Swede with 4 season in NA, last 3 NCAA at UMassLowell

Luca Fantilli, 19, enter UMich this fall

Gerard Keane is Joey Keane's brother, 20, played 4 seasons for London

Malinski is 24 later this month, has played at Cornell since '19, for 2 seasons plus unplayed '20-21 season)

Palocsik is the Dartmouth D reported weeks back to be attending
just turnedd 23, played ECAC in '19-20 and '21-22

Eric Parker is 21, played 1 season at Bowling Green

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
no he is draft eligible again next year so he can't sign yet

That is only the case on October 1st. Until then, he can be signed.

In case anyone is interested in the ties invitees have with current NYR prospects.

Brady Berard (Brother of Brett Berard)
Carl Berglund (Played with Tyler Wall)
Gerard Keane (Played with Hunter Skinner)
Sam Malinski (Played with Hank Kempf)
Eric Parker (Played with Jayden Grubbe)
Luca Fantilli (Will play with Eric Ciccolini)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Berglund is interesting. Malinski was a nice college player but he's old to just be looking to start his pro career.

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Berglund is interesting. Malinski was a nice college player but he's old to just be looking to start his pro career.
Malinski still is a nice college player (I'm pretty sure). He might do well as an AHL PPQB like our(as in Cornell) last older Dman, maybe head to Europe but yeah he doesn't have NHL upside.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad