Proposal: 2022 1st Overall for Matthew Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Another Oilers fan who thinks you only measure points. 8M is a very good contract for what Brady brings.
Not an Oilers fan at all, and I clearly stated he brings other stuff to the table. But 8.2M$ for a 60pts W even with his physicality is a lot

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Last 5 1OAs, Tkachuk is right in the middle of it. So deal is about fair. Also you can sign him long term. It’s not a given he is going UFA.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
His brother did not sign a contract with Winnipeg.

Assen na yo.
Winnipeg is a better situation than a team in Canada who doesn't have fans showing up and an owner who refuses to spend to the cap while making a crazy statement once each season.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Even with a 7 year extension you wouldn't swap Wright for Matthew Tkachuk?

I wouldn't be qualified to make that call as I haven't followed Wright that closely tbh. That, and it would depend what the cap hit is. Under 10 and I'm at least considering it. Having Brady and Matthew would be amazing.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If Devils win the lotto , I could see them offer the pick plus ? for Tkachuk.
He is exactly what we need. If the pick isn’t enough for the Flames to consider the deal , what would a reasonable add be to make it happen?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think it’d be hard pressed based on who’s picking at 1.

Most teams in that arena could use an 18 year old centre they could build around… but maybe some of the teams hanging out in the back of the pack that win could see more benefit with a player like Tkachuk in the lineup.

So for like, Seattle, Arizona, Columbus, Montreal it wouldn’t make much sense. For a team on the cusp, maybe?

Reactions: quat

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If Devils win the lotto , I could see them offer the pick plus ? for Tkachuk.
He is exactly what we need. If the pick isn’t enough for the Flames to consider the deal , what would a reasonable add be to make it happen?
I wouldn't think you'd need to add to the pick. I'd do it straight up without a second thought. If you need to move out cap Zacha is a player who would fit well here.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wouldn't think you'd need to add to the pick. I'd do it straight up without a second thought. If you need to move out cap Zacha is a player who would fit well here.
I’d do it. Devils would / should trade down if they win the lotto. Don’t need Wright. We need a power forward(s) and RHD so they would trade down a couple of picks and get another asset and a pick that’s high enough to ensure one of Jiricek or Nemec or Slafkovsky . However , I can also see them consider trading #1 if a player like Tkachuk was offered.

Ledge And Dairy

Gudbranson has been damn good this year. I hated the signing at the time, but he's been unreal. Hanifin is definitely not the #2. Kylington, Tanev and Andersson have all been significantly better.
No they really havent been significantly better. I get if you want to count hairs to argue 1 is slightly better than the other but to say it is a significant gap is just flat out wrong

Ledge And Dairy

Not an Oilers fan at all, and I clearly stated he brings other stuff to the table. But 8.2M$ for a 60pts W even with his physicality is a lot
They signed a contract about what he will become. They signed the guy who has been and will continue to be top 10 in the league for both shots and hits for the next 7 years. Expecting that to very likely lead to more production as the team matures around him

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
66, 66, 21, 39. These are EPs point totals in his career. In the same time period Tkachuk has 77, 61, 43 and 64.

Tkachuk has vastly outproduced Pettersson. If you want to talk about Tuesdays nights when the sun is at a 43 degree angle in Philadelphia I have no interest in the conversation.

If you want to talk just this season Tkachuk is on pace for 42 goals, 99 points and a +53 season. EP is on pace for 26 goals 61 points +1.

Again, production is not close. Add in the physical dimension and that he leads all players in the league in penalties drawn and plays harder minutes and I'm not sure how anyone being intellectually honest could think EP is better than Tkachuk.

I am not disagreeing with you but your number are flawed unless you do it base on years in the league/age

20 year old vs 20 year old season and so forth .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad