2021 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
If Kostin can get 30ish points and be adequate defensively and be strong on the forecheck and be a physical presence I would call that a win. I bet he breaks out this year and can't wait to see to how he does.

Reactions: stl76

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
FORWARDS

Klim Kostin - Ryan O'Reilly - Jordan Kyrou
Jake Neighbours - Brayden Schenn - Pavel Buchnevich
Brandon Saad - Robert Thomas - Vladimir Tarasenko
David Perron - Tyler Bozak - James Neal
Zach Sanford - Ivan Barbashev - Michael Frolik
Kyle Clifford - Dakota Joshua - Mackenzie MacEachern
DEFENSE

Jake Walman - Colton Parayko
Scott Perunovich - Justin Faulk
Marco Scandella - Robert Bortuzzo
Torey Krug - Niko Mikkola
GOALIES

Jordan Binnington
Ville Husso
cut.jpg

Blues open training camp

c/p
New faces bring plenty of intrigue to Blues training camp

I like those forwards - the defense??? Oh boy

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think this is the first year in a long time where I have absolutely ZERO idea what the lines will be.

I mean you’d think ROR and Perron will be together, and Barbashev will be on the 4th line, but other than that - ??????

Most of our other players could really be playing anywhere.

With the recent trade and the idea that Berube does like Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko together, I’m guessing the rest may shake out like this:

Buchnevich-ROR-Perron
Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko
Schenn-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Brown-Kostin

Obviously a lot can and probably will change before the season, but fun to speculate.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I think this is the first year in a long time where I have absolutely ZERO idea what the lines will be.

I mean you’d think ROR and Perron will be together, and Barbashev will be on the 4th line, but other than that - ??????

Most of our other players could really be playing anywhere.

With the recent trade and the idea that Berube does like Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko together, I’m guessing the rest may shake out like this:

Buchnevich-ROR-Perron
Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko
Schenn-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Brown-Kostin

Obviously a lot can and probably will change before the season, but fun to speculate.
I cannot see Brown centering the 4th line. He doesn’t defend well and doesn’t bring energy. He is a quintessential top 9 or bust guy. I think there is good reason for having the 30 game sweetener attached to the trade.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I cannot see Brown centering the 4th line. He doesn’t defend well and doesn’t bring energy. He is a quintessential top 9 or bust guy. I think there is good reason for having the 30 game sweetener attached to the trade.
He pretty much brings very little to the team. A future 4th round pick will get his shot one day.

If DA wants to keep him, he’ll likely wait until the last possible moment to cut him as that lessens the likelihood that Brown will be selected on waivers

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That’s fair but I also can’t really see us putting him in the top 9 to start.

It will be interesting but I think he’s really gonna have to change his game under Berube. We have a coach that demands playing a certain way and Brown isn’t going to have things handed to him. Keep in mind that Sanford was a penalty killer and a guy Berube trusted in defensive situations. If Brown can’t round his game into that as well, I’m not too sure he’ll last long here. Blues fans also won’t tolerate a 6’6 guy not playing hard or contributing defensively or physically. He’d be run out of town. If Berglund can do it…

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

It will be interesting but I think he’s really gonna have to change his game under Berube. We have a coach that demands playing a certain way and Brown isn’t going to have things handed to him. Keep in mind that Sanford was a penalty killer and a guy Berube trusted in defensive situations. If Brown can’t round his game into that as well, I’m not too sure he’ll last long here. Blues fans also won’t tolerate a 6’6 guy not playing hard or contributing defensively or physically. He’d be run out of town. If Berglund can do it…
Berglund was both a better contributor and a better all-around player by his age 23 year. If I am not mistaken, I think he had a 50 point season and around 90-100 points in his career at this point.

I agree Brown will have to change his game. I just think he has too many things to change. The few times I have seen him play, I was left thinking man he has some passing skill, but that’s seemingly the lone skill that I really see as being at an NHL level with any consistency. To me those single asset guys are red flags when constructing a team unless they are elite at that one skill and even then they can still be hit or miss.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Can Neal PK?

More likely, can Kostin? Brown doesn’t have to replace the guy he was traded for. I expect him to get sent down, with that 4th round insurance policy. It may come down to him having to beat Neal for a roster spot, but Neal is a guy who can be a spare forward with no adverse effects on his development.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm curious about the condition on the pick in the Sanford trade for Brown. Does the 30 game criteria apply to 30 games with the Blues or 30 games in the NHL? In other words, if we put him on waivers and he gets claimed, do the games he plays for another NHL team cause us to lose the conditional pick associated with the deal?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm curious about the condition on the pick in the Sanford trade for Brown. Does the 30 game criteria apply to 30 games with the Blues or 30 games in the NHL? In other words, if we put him on waivers and he gets claimed, do the games he plays for another NHL team cause us to lose the conditional pick associated with the deal?
Capfriendly says it’s with blues.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Perunovich and Neighbours only players who are in both preseason games so far. Looks like each is getting every chance to make club.

And slotting Mikkola in on the right side while repeatedly playing Perunovich on the left interests me. Because Perunovich's career has been so thoroughly played on the right side up to this point and Mikkola's has been so thoroughly on the left. That might not actually mean much, but I like the possibility that the coaching staff views Mikkola as a challenge for Bortuzzo's spot.

Reactions: bleedblue1223
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad