Patriots/NFL 2021 Season II: 1-2; Week 4 vs. TB

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Still...you're not convinced that Urban Meyer doesn't want to be splitsville right now?

I've never thought he was long for the NFL. Just seemed like a person who couldn't really handle adversity, which was a guarantee in the NFL. I was mostly responding to your comment "Seems like there's some truth to it", since the article clearly wasn't based on any facts, just an opinion.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I've never thought he was long for the NFL. Just seemed like a person who couldn't really handle adversity, which was a guarantee in the NFL. I was mostly responding to your comment "Seems like there's some truth to it", since the article clearly wasn't based on any facts, just an opinion.

I'm just looking at how Meyer's body language on the sidelines during that Texans game looks worse by the minute and the fact that USC now has a major opening available at head coach.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The last college coach I can remember having great success in the NFL was Jimmy Johnson. But then he was pretty much running a pro team at Miami anyway so.... :naughty: :laugh:

I don't include Pete Carroll because he went from college to pro back to college then back to the NFL. Johnson came straight from Miami to Dallas and in a few years won a Super Bowl.

Jim Harbaugh counts. Took over a team that hadn't been over .500 in 8 seasons.

In 3 seasons:

36 wins
3 NFC Championship game appearances
1 SB appearance and nearly won it all

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hell of a Thursday night game. That leg injury was gross, reminded me of Gordon Hayward

Heinicke looks pretty good. The giants are terrible

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Patriots signed quarterback Brian Hoyer to a one-year contract Saturday morning, an NFL source confirmed.
Hoyer, in his 13th NFL season and third stint in New England, had been a member of the Patriots’ practice squad.
It was only a matter of time before Hoyer earned an official spot on the 53-man roster, as rookie Mac Jones was previously the only quarterback available. Jarrett Stidham is on the physically unable to perform list and sidelined through at least Week 6, possibly longer, after undergoing back surgery at the end of July.
The Patriots temporarily elevated Hoyer to the active roster ahead of last Sunday’s season opener against the Dolphins, but he reverted to the practice squad Monday morning. Each team is allowed to promote two practice squad players per game, but such players can only be promoted twice per season.

Reactions: Alicat

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Volin just said on WEEI that before fumble Harris had tapped out due to fatigue

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Hoping for JJ Taylor to become next Woodhead or Burkhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad