Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montréal Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Magic 8 Ball says…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Sounds like there’s a lot of season tix holders selling their seats for 3x the face value and most likely to a ton of Habs fans. Ugh.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Im starting to get excited seeing vasy battle price. Vasy can really cement himself as one of the best goalies of all time and I think he’ll do just that. I have a lot of respect for price too.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Sounds like there’s a lot of season tix holders selling their seats for 3x the face value and most likely to a ton of Habs fans. Ugh.
Shouldn't have let STMs buy up to 6 tickets each. It all sold out before my turn.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I unequivocally disagree, respectfully. Perhaps it depends on your definition of "imposing ... physically." But if you take into consideration forechecking, hounding the puck and finishing checks, I think we have imposed ourselves physically in pretty much every series since 2015, with the exception of Chicago (2015 - ran out of gas), Pit (2016 - outskilled), Washington (2018 - truly bigger and outclassed in that department), Columbus (2019 - injured and outclassed in that department). Frankly, our ability to impose ourselves physically is why we have had playoff success since 2015. New Jersey (2018), Boston (2018, 2020) and NYI (2016, 2020) come to mind as series where it was incredibly clear that this was a huge factor in our success. We have won in the playoffs for seven years, largely because of our ability to forecheck and play team defense, while relying on great goaltending - not run and gun.

I mean by your explanation outskating someone on the forecheck could be considered imposing yourself physically, but I don't think most define it that way. The Lightning can play a heavy game when needed, but the playoffs are a marathon and we have learned that in order to avoid injuries and not wear down, you do that sparingly. I think your run down memory lane kind of highlights why we don't make a point of throwing our bodies around with wreckless abandon like we used to, and I would say to look at the Carolina series as exhibit A for how we play now. That was a very easy series with little physicality, and that helped keep us healthy for the grind that was the Islanders. Now that we are in the final series, against a shifty but small Montreal team, I think a shift back to that style makes sense and we certainly have the bodies to do it.

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

That kind of stuff gets you banned from buying tickets in Europe.

Real Madrid 'ban' 357 season ticket holders who sold seats to Barcelona fans for El Clasico | FourFourTwo
Over 350 Real Madrid fans decided to make a bit of cash by selling their season ticket seats to Barcelona fans for the most-watched match in club football.

As a result, Madrid have banned the fans who flogged their seats according to Spanish newspaper Sport.

Reactions: berlin and Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I mean by your explanation outskating someone on the forecheck could be considered imposing yourself physically, but I don't think most define it that way. The Lightning can play a heavy game when needed, but the playoffs are a marathon and we have learned that in order to avoid injuries and not wear down, you do that sparingly. I think your run down memory lane kind of highlights why we don't make a point of throwing our bodies around with wreckless abandon like we used to, and I would say to look at the Carolina series as exhibit A for how we play now. That was a very easy series with little physicality, and that helped keep us healthy for the grind that was the Islanders. Now that we are in the final series, against a shifty but small Montreal team, I think a shift back to that style makes sense and we certainly have the bodies to do it.

I think we do it more after the whistle. We hack and whack and wrestle, and I think we initiate that kind of thing more than our opponents. We've grown some pretty tough skin over the years, and I do think we make the series painful for the other team, because we can handle a tougher series than most of them. At least that's the case these days.

We have a handful of guys that don't seem to be having fun if they're not exchanging cross checks at least once per period.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

3x?!?!?

Heck, I looked at the seats I usually get near the glass in section 117 and they were going for $5K to $10K each!!!!!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I get that we are a small market (albeit a loyal one who has no issue selling out games), but having our arena over run by am original 6, huge franchise does kinds suck, having a 50/50 building at home isn't ideal

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think we do it more after the whistle. We hack and whack and wrestle, and I think we initiate that kind of thing more than our opponents. We've grown some pretty tough skin over the years, and I do think we make the series painful for the other team, because we can handle a tougher series than most of them. At least that's the case these days.

We have a handful of guys that don't seem to be having fun if they're not exchanging cross checks at least once per period.

That's true, we have some agitators on this team

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I get that we are a small market (albeit a loyal one who has no issue selling out games), but having our arena over run by am original 6, huge franchise does kinds suck, having a 50/50 building at home isn't ideal

Lightning should have thought this out, it's actually kind of embarrassing. Habs fans have limited seats available to them up in Montreal, they're going to go all out buying tickets down here.

Reactions: berlin

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lightning should have thought this out, it's actually kind of embarrassing. Habs fans have limited seats available to them up in Montreal, they're going to go all out buying tickets down here.

Yeah but at least if we win we get to see sour faces.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
206968178_10220506229349001_2651943211303222187_n.jpg

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
How are there that many MTL fans going to games in Tampa if the Canadian border is closed?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Don’t think it matters. I rented a lake house from people who were stuck in Canada all last summer and they couldn’t get across the border. Granted that was last year, but…
Secondary residence? Can’t stop somebody from going “home” no? I dunno.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
3x?!?!?

Heck, I looked at the seats I usually get near the glass in section 117 and they were going for $5K to $10K each!!!!!
Holy shit! I remember in the 04 final you could get a nose bleed ticket for like 200.00.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad