Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montréal Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Magic 8 Ball says…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's weird to have to defend the concept that the literal defending champs might be superior to the opponents they already faced.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
All sold out by my turn too. :( Pre-COVID, STMs could only buy as many playoff ticket seats as they had regular season tickets. And since I have just one ticket and priority, normal post-seasons my seat would be guaranteed. I'd just have to pay per round. So it sucks fetid bilge water. :whatever:

I betcha tickets will be going Gm1 tickets will be going for less than face before puck drop tonight (at least in the lower bowl)
There's a lot up for sale, and it's not like folks from MTL are just gonna dip by the arena last minute.

If you're in Tampa and want to go to the game, the option will be there.

I'm flying to Tampa for Wednesday's game got lucky and got some of the last few tix after it opened to the public. Got close to my desired spot (low corner, just in front of even with the goal) but not exactly. Kinda wish I had held off; wouldn't be surprised if I could get exactly that area at a bit of a discount (or at worst a slight upcharge).

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I betcha tickets will be going Gm1 tickets will be going for less than face before puck drop tonight (at least in the lower bowl)
There's a lot up for sale, and it's not like folks from MTL are just gonna dip by the arena last minute.

I'm flying to Tampa for Wednesday's game got lucky and got some of the last few tix after it opened to the public. Got close to my desired spot (low corner, just in front of even with the goal) but not exactly. Kinda wish I had held off; wouldn't be surprised if I could get exactly that area at a bit of a discount (or at worst a slight upcharge).

Unfortunately, I'm in Wisconsin right now for a teacher workshop so I won't be getting home until this Saturday. This means I'm trying to get next Wednesday's game (if they play it). I'll keep checking, but am not happy that they finally get to the Finals with fans allowed and I can't get my seat as I would have had guaranteed for previous seasons. :::sigh:::

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
It's weird to have to defend the concept that the literal defending champs might be superior to the opponents they already faced.

Just ignore them. The fact is, the Habs are huge underdogs right now, every betting site supports this and over 2/3rds of the analysts have Tampa winning. Should be a fun series regardless.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Just ignore them. The fact is, the Habs are huge underdogs right now, every betting site supports this and over 2/3rds of the analysts have Tampa winning. Should be a fun series regardless.
Yeah I mean there's still plenty of ways Montreal can win. It's not about that, just the way Vegas gets inflated compared to us.

NightMist

Mar 18, 2021
Does anybody think Governor Desantis statement from the weekend will become bulletin board material for Montreal?

"If it weren't for Florida, the U.S would look like Canada right now".
-Ron Desantis (Concerning Covid policies and being an anti-lockdown state)

Its a fuunny statement that I don't mind at all. I just wonder if a team like Montreal, with the lack of horses they have, will use anything they can to garner national support, which they currently don't have. The anti-Francophone sentiment across many parts of Canada is very real.

P.S - Local Quebec/Montreal political officials might be very sensitive to the Desantis comment as well, considering that Montreal had some major anti-covid lockdown riots in late April and early May....

Reactions: Shoresy Snipes

NightMist

Mar 18, 2021

As of right now, upper bowl availables on Stubhub and Vivid sseats are in the 350+ perseat range. With fees, we are talking 850 total to get in the building with 2 people. An upper bowl seat in 2004 game #1 against Calgary at the then Ice Palace cost my Uncle 148.00. That was through Ticket Master as there was no Stubhub yet, I think. I was in diapers still lol back in Long Island

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Does anybody think Governor Desantis statement from the weekend will become bulletin board material for Montreal?

"If it weren't for Florida, the U.S would look like Canada right now".
-Ron Desantis (Concerning Covid policies and being an anti-lockdown state)

Its a fuunny statement that I don't mind at all. I just wonder if a team like Montreal, with the lack of horses they have, will use anything they can to garner national support, which they currently don't have. The anti-Francophone sentiment across many parts of Canada is very real.

P.S - Local Quebec/Montreal political officials might be very sensitive to the Desantis comment as well, considering that Montreal had some major anti-covid lockdown riots in late April and early May....
Pretty sure most Montreal fans would be on DeSantis' side on that one. But I don't think anyone will notice or care anyway.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Anyone been to the Amalie watch parties?

What are they like? Is it good to go with a group of friends or is it more family friendly? How many people typically show up or do you think will show up for the away games this weekend?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

AO1iJpM.gif

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

What are they like? Is it good to go with a group of friends or is it more family friendly? How many people typically show up or do you think will show up for the away games this weekend?
From what I saw on TV I’d say it’s family friendly.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013

Family oriented. Sparkman and the surrounding bars have a decent scene

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Montreal catching a lot of breaks these playoffs. No Tavares, No Schiefle, No Stephens and now No Killorn........

Other teams fans might not realize how important Killorn really is to this team. One of our better PK guys, top PP unit, Solid two way game, helps drive that 2nd line.

Sadly I think he's done for the playoffs, probably broken foot
(I also said Kuch was done for the year as well but he came back so he's hoping!)

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad