Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Playoffs - Round 2: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Carolina Hurricanes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Magic 8 Ball says...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I know we'll have to be better against Carolina and that I can't really judge them by the one game I watched (gm 6), but at the same time, they can't give up the chances they gave up in that game against us.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Whats hold up with the schedule

Not sure. We're being lined up on the same day as the LV/MIN vs. COL series, meaning we're never going to be playing in the same time zone as the other series. Seems like an obvious solution. 7pm ET starts on the weekdays for us, 9:30pm ET for the Western series.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Anyone want to take a stab at guessing the dates of the games this series. Trying to possibly go to a game.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
It doesn't look like Amalie Arena or PNC Arena have any non-hockey events coming up, so I'm guessing it'll be an identical schedule that we had with Florida (all the way down to the day of the week when the series begins).

Thus...

PNC Arena: 5/30, 6/1, 6/7, 6/11
Amalie Arena: 6/3, 6/5, 6/9

...if my logic is correct.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
How concerned are folks about the Hurricanes?
1 - ehh
10 - Bolts need to bring their A+ game

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Lol what a winner
the best part about this is the "fan" was lying about not knowing the policy and lying about the kid having to take off the jersey... He made a joke about the policy on twitter and the kid never had to take the jersey off.. people like that make my blood boil that they have to use kids as a pawn to makes situations seem worse... almost as bad as the "homeless" people that use their kids to get money from suckers and then hop in their van and go home

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I'm wearing a tank top, board shorts and flip flops to Bern's. If they kick me out I'm recording it till they change their dress code policy. It's completely unfair to me to have to conform to their rules.

I haven't lived in Tampa in 25 years (though I still go back yearly for family), but I love how Bern's is still synonymous with fine dining just like it was 40 years ago.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
How concerned are folks about the Hurricanes?
1 - ehh
10 - Bolts need to bring their A+ game
I give them like a 7. They can do damage if we're not careful. I would've given them an 8 or 9 before watching them play Nashville though.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This has 7 game series written all over it. The Bolts have to do this in 6 though as a game 7 up there is a dicey proposition.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It's unsurprising we are favored to win, we are responsible for the highest seeded elimination of the first round. Florida would have likely beaten just about any other team in the first round. Carolina struggled a lot more than they should have against one of the weakest teams in the playoffs.

I'd say we are at a 6 on the ol' Concern-o-Meter going into the series. Win game 1 and put the pressure on the unproven team to beat the defending champs. I feel like everyone has been singing the praises of Carolina for a few years now, but they haven't accomplished anywhere near what we were doing (even before we won the Cup).

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
This has 7 game series written all over it. The Bolts have to do this in 6 though as a game 7 up there is a dicey proposition.

Which kinda gets me to something that's always amused me a bit, which is when people predict the lower seeded team to win the series in 7 games. I understand that road teams can and many times do win Game 7 in this sport, so it's not a matter of being unprecedented (picking the lower seed in basketball to win a series in 7 would be much more bizarre), but I don't know where people arrive at that conclusion. About the only way that happens is if you're saying the lower seeded team erases a 3-1 deficit, a 3-2 deficit, blows a 3-1 lead, wins Game 5 away then loses Game 6 at home just to then win Game 7 away...again, nothing unprecedented, but also not the way you would expect it to logically happen beforehand, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad