Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Playoffs - Round 2: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Carolina Hurricanes

My Magic 8 Ball says...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Their Defence will be better than Florida's, easily, but I still don't buy their goaltending

I do think their PK will give us a lot of trouble.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We tend to play up or down to whoever the goalie is, I would have rather us seen Josi-less Nashville

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Interesting that the guy free associates his team's logo with symbols of hate. He loses the argument based on Godwin's law.

But no, I'm almost certain they wouldn't allow it because it's "political". You can't make a hockey game a political rally. This isn't Euro soccer.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Good thing Canes fans can't wear their jerseys in 2% of the seats in our arena. That's the key to the series, IMO. I had no idea we had this totally new and unfair policy that has never been discussed before. Yet another clever cheat!
I mean I don’t like it. It’s petty

Reactions: ultra63

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I mean I don’t like it. It’s petty
I don't care much either way. Obviously the team would rather please the folks who are paying thousands of dollars for those fancy club seats every year than the interloper that only shows up once a year. If other fans of opponents are convinced they aren't allowed to come or decide to boycott, all the better, since that means more tickets for Lightning fans.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
jGhWBNR.jpg

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Randorf and Engblom are so good. Can’t stand NBC’s “experts”.
Randorf took a little getting used to but I'm there. He's excellent. Engblom all over the Xs and Os but he'll never miss an opportunity to say in a hundred words what can be said in ten. He's also never met an adverb that he didn't love so much that he didn't want to use three times in the same sentence. Drives me nuts.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
This will be a tough series. There’s no way it’s not going at least 6 games. I do think opening on the road will be a good thing.

Eh, I could see a 5-game series if we get off on the right foot. I'm not impressed with Carolina, but I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise because I've been a Hurricanes skeptic for several years now. Maybe I'm just arrogant, but I feel like we would've dispatched of Nashville much more easily than Carolina ended up needing.

But there's no reason this team shouldn't win. I mean that. It would be a huge disappointment to lose this series, and if any Hurricanes fans lurking here want to take this post as a sign of disrespect, you're more than welcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad