Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Damn, Pat Brisson said EJ's still having symptoms. Poor guy has the worst luck. This moment right now is what he's been waiting for his whole career and what he stuck with this team for.

Feel awful for him. I know this is a business but EJ was a vocal leader during the dark years. Now we are going on a run, the dude isn’t even a part of the team :(

Reactions: Foppa2118

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Man, i love this guy and it makes me sad to hear that... I fear we wont see EJ again.

This has retirement written all over....

Dear hockey gods, give him at least that one game to win it all.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If Avs make it to the Finals and are up 3-0 I'm in favor of dressing EJ, Calvert and Byram to get them their rings

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Man, i love this guy and it makes me sad to hear that... I fear we wont see EJ again.

This has retirement written all over....

Dear hockey gods, give him at least that one game to win it all.
Yep! I think he’s done. I hope we go all the way. Hate to say it, but it helps us out with the cap, too, I think?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Isn't there a minimum games played requirement to get your name on the cup? I hope not for his sake and what he's done for the Avs.

There are 52 spots available for the whole organization, and normally it requires half the regular season or a Cup final game (backup goalies can just dress for their games to count). Teams can petition for names to be added that fall outside the guidelines. IE Carcillo is on the 2015 Hawks section despite not playing in the playoffs and only 39 games. Avs could petition for EJ.

If EJ is having issues and it extend through the playoffs, the Avs can petition the league to exempt him from the expansion draft as it falls under the 'career threatening' part of the rule.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’m just saying those are the requirements. I’m sure the Avs will petition for it.

Yeah, I'm aware of the requirements, but there's plenty of examples of players who didn't suit up and got their names on there. There have also been egregious examples of names getting on there that had no business being on there. I think Peter Pocklington tried to get his father's name on there and succeeded, I believe they had to go back and stamp it out.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, I'm aware of the requirements, but there's plenty of examples of players who didn't suit up and got their names on there. There have also been egregious examples of names getting on there that had no business being on there. I think Peter Pocklington tried to get his father's name on there and succeeded, I believe they had to go back and stamp it out.
Someone asked about the requirements to get your name on the cup and I responded? I don't see why you're so up in arms about that?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Didn't the B-Lose add that girl's name to the cup a couple years back? Sorry, her name escapes me at the moment, but she was sick with something and was kind of their "inspiration" along with the song "Gloria."

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Didn't the B-Lose add that girl's name to the cup a couple years back? Sorry, her name escapes me at the moment, but she was sick with something and was kind of their "inspiration" along with the song "Gloria."

No, they did not. They inscribed her name on their championship rings, and also made one for her.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No he doesn't--they can apply for him to be added, and he most assuredly would be approved.

Yeah you bet your ass Joe would petition for EJ to be on the Cup, and since it's Joe they probably would agree.

A bit bitter sweet though, if he didn't get to actually play. Always drove Forsberg nuts that he didn't think he played that well in 96 and then couldn't play in the finals in 01.

EJ might not get to play at all. Hopefully he does though. He could really help the team too. Timmins has played well lately, but if they can ice a Byram-EJ 3rd pair, that would be huge.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I swore I remember the Avs hinting it was not a concussion, even saying he would be available later which you can’t forecast if its a consussion. Are the Avs intentionnally misleading?

I honestly don't know. Sometimes it feels like they're intentionally misleading, but it might just be us trying too hard to read into what they're saying, because they don't give us any info.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Could you name a few players? Perhaps for an owner's dad it's different but for players it needs to be "under circumstances of exceptional nature". Konstantinov made sense. EJ is simply injured, that's not exceptional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad