Red Sox/MLB 2021 Hot Stove III - Jackie Bradley Jr. Signs w/ Brewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's early, but for me, he'd have to come a long way to go ahead of Leiter, Rocker, or Hill.

he keeps holding his velo late with that slider he showed in his last outing and he’ll pitch his way into that tier. Like you said he is not there yet- but he’s trending up

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
My 51 year old self still gets giddy every March 1st when the spring games really start going.

As a ten year old kid, who had an enormous back yard, baseball was my life. No technology, but I knew every player, on every team, and what number they wore. I played Strat o matic...I played an imaginary season on Head2Head Baseball and kept stats....and that was on the rainy days....sunny days...wiffleball...baseball....we had "leagues" where we kept stats of the players...

I love hockey....I love football....I did then as well, but there is nothing like baseball. Maybe because it was the one sport I was really good at, but those summer nights, watching the game....nothing like it.

Some of my favorite memories growing up were playing baseball in my front yard. It'd start off with my dad pitching to me and then soon enough half the neighborhood would be there playing. So many summer evenings in different neighbor's yards playing pick up baseball until you'd get called home for dinner. That's about as classic America as it gets.

Hockey's always been my #1, and I only played organized baseball until 5th grade when I switched to lacrosse, but baseball is where the memories are.

Whether it was my dad waking me up when I fell asleep during Game 7 in 2004 to see the final outs, or all of the emotions of the 2013 season after the Marathon bombing, or even telling my friends in college that I couldn't go out because I was watching an extra innings Red Sox/Yankees game that would end up going 19 innings. So many moments that feel like they just happened yesterday.

I'm not sure what it is, but seeing spring training games this week finally gave me this positive feeling that things are getting back to normal, even if we still have a long way to go. Maybe it's the fact that it's the first sign of spring where there's this sort of rebirth.

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I hope people realize how special that 2013 team was. People thought they’d be worse than this current team entering that season and then every obscure player had career years. We will probably never see a team like that win again

Truly a magical season that was much needed

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I hope people realize how special that 2013 team was. People thought they’d be worse than this current team entering that season and then every obscure player had career years. We will probably never see a team like that win again

Truly a magical season that was much needed
Singing... don't worry about a thing... 'cause every little thing... gonna be all right.

Reactions: CDJ

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My 51 year old self still gets giddy every March 1st when the spring games really start going.

As a ten year old kid, who had an enormous back yard, baseball was my life. No technology, but I knew every player, on every team, and what number they wore. I played Strat o matic...I played an imaginary season on Head2Head Baseball and kept stats....and that was on the rainy days....sunny days...wiffleball...baseball....we had "leagues" where we kept stats of the players...

I love hockey....I love football....I did then as well, but there is nothing like baseball. Maybe because it was the one sport I was really good at, but those summer nights, watching the game....nothing like it.

We'd play whiffle ball and "play as" our favorite players --- copying batting stances etc....in fact I learned to switch hit because I spent so much time pretending to be Rod Carew in whiffle ball, that I ended up batting left handed as an adult in fast pitch softball -- after batting right handed my whole life.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

There's something relaxing about an afternoon baseball game for me. Sitting in the living room, all the windows open, sun shining..... Love it.

The bolded brings back memories for me. I used to make my cousin play wiffle ball in her backyard. It was just the two of us. I would imitate the whole Red Sox lineup (lefty/righty) if I was up to bat -- I loved being Manny haha. Pitching, I was either a right handed Jon Lester or Clay Buchholz. Sometimes Matsuzaka too. And if it was the end of the game, I did the Papelbon stare.

Her deck was the green monster, even if it wasn't green. The swingset post was first, corner of the deck was second, bush was third and home was the dirt patch from where he would stand and hit.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
There's something relaxing about an afternoon baseball game for me. Sitting in the living room, all the windows open, sun shining..... Love it.

The bolded brings back memories for me. I used to make my cousin play wiffle ball in her backyard. It was just the two of us. I would imitate the whole Red Sox lineup (lefty/righty) if I was up to bat -- I loved being Manny haha. Pitching, I was either a right handed Jon Lester or Clay Buchholz. Sometimes Matsuzaka too. And if it was the end of the game, I did the Papelbon stare.

Her deck was the green monster, even if it wasn't green. The swingset post was first, corner of the deck was second, bush was third and home was the dirt patch from where he would stand and hit.

As a 12 year old we "may or may not" have kept HR stats for the entire summer. I think I hit 214 HR's that season.

Of course --- we played an average of 3 hours per day from about May 1 until October when street hockey started.
(Scored 198 Goals that fall)
:laugh:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
We'd play whiffle ball and "play as" our favorite players --- copying batting stances etc....in fact I learned to switch hit because I spent so much time pretending to be Rod Carew in whiffle ball, that I ended up batting left handed as an adult in fast pitch softball -- after batting right handed my whole life.

If you grew up in the late 90s/early 00s and you didn't copy Nomar's batting gloves ritual, there was something wrong with you, even if you didn't actually wear batting gloves.

One of the great things about the MLB video games was that you'd get to see the batting stances for players that you might not see as much of. I remember Craig Counsell had this ridiculous stance where he'd hold the bat vertically way above his head, which tons of kids would imitate/make fun of when playing whiffle ball.

Reactions: sarge88

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i havent watched a baseball game in a couple years. but heard they are gojng to allow players to view tapes of in game at bats?? tbats crazy. is that really allowed?? theyll be able to see where the catchers set up on them in certain pitch counts. how is that allowed?

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
i havent watched a baseball game in a couple years. but heard they are gojng to allow players to view tapes of in game at bats?? tbats crazy. is that really allowed?? theyll be able to see where the catchers set up on them in certain pitch counts. how is that allowed?
They will be obscuring the catcher's signs.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I like Munoz. Also loving how they’re interviewing Phillips while the game is going on. Is this a new feature or someone they just do during spring training?

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad