GDT: 2021 First Round Game 3: Blues Trail 2-0 | The Picks Are In

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I hope not, I don't want EB22 upset at us.
giphy.gif

Reactions: MissouriMook

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
This is the best pregame GDT I've seen in some time. Laughed out loud about three times reading it. Family must think I'm crazy laughing to myself.

Gallows humor is always good.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Apparently Dunn still isn’t ready…

He’s coming off like a p***y. He’s been skating for weeks now. Guys like Scandella aren’t even skating and he’s still playing.

A lot of people are banged up. We kinda need you Vince but thanks for nothing.

You don't know what he has so that's not really cool to say. For instance, if he has a concussion, conditioning is fine but he shouldn't be playing at all until he is 100%.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I'm surprised there has been no announcement on Kadri.

As far as the Jost elbow on Bortuzzo, it was bad. But honestly I think player safety made the right call on it, watching Jost play for North Dakota, and now with Colorado, I've never seen him have anything in his entire career that I've thought was even borderline suspension worthy. It was an unfortunate elbow in my opinion, and should have been just a 2 minute minor.

Even if the league doesn't suspend Jost, he will have his day in court with Bortuzzo and that's not going to end well for him.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Kadri can't play until after his suspension.
Was there a suspension announced? Or do you mean he can't play until a decision from player safety has been made?

Edit:
Berube had already said after Game 2 Walman will not play today, but with this news maybe we get him back for game 4 on Sunday

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Was there a suspension announced? Or do you mean he can't play until a decision from player safety has been made?

Edit:
Berube had already said after Game 2 Walman will not play today, but with this news maybe we get him back for game 4 on Sunday

Ahh, sorry, should have explained better. If a player is waiting for a judgements to be passed from DOPS they are not allowed to play until after the judgement is passed+the amount of games suspended.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017

Edit:

Given the situation and Walman being removed from the COVID list, we sure could use him out there tonight.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Ahh, sorry, should have explained better. If a player is waiting for a judgements to be passed from DOPS they are not allowed to play until after the judgement is passed+the amount of games suspended.
This is true in this case, but not always. If Kadri received only a major penalty and was still awaiting a decision, he would be eligible to play while waiting, though I expect the hearing and decision would have been expedited. He received a match penalty, which carries an automatic suspension and the player cannot play until the DOPS (or is that DOPES) determines the length of the suspension.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
All good. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement on the suspension haha

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
So I’m sure it’s different for the NHL, but for USA minor hockey a match penalty is an automatic 1 game suspension and you’re not allowed to play until you have a hearing.

So I’m assuming Kadri is out no matter what tonight and if they announce the suspension after the game that it will count towards that total number.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Still scratching my head on walman. He had vaccine and didn't he have cv19 already too.
the vaccine is not a silver bullet. you can still get COVID, and if you've had it before, you can get it again regardless of the shot

the vaccine greatly reduces the severity of it

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
This is true in this case, but not always. If Kadri received only a major penalty and was still awaiting a decision, he would be eligible to play while waiting, though I expect the hearing and decision would have been expedited. He received a match penalty, which carries an automatic suspension and the player cannot play until the DOPS (or is that DOPES) determines the length of the suspension.

So I’m sure it’s different for the NHL, but for USA minor hockey a match penalty is an automatic 1 game suspension and you’re not allowed to play until you have a hearing.

So I’m assuming Kadri is out no matter what tonight and if they announce the suspension after the game that it will count towards that total number.

Yall are both 100% right. My apologies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Chris Lee #28
Jean Hebert #15

2 jokesters who will be "officiating" tonights game

Reactions: thedustman

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I'll take Barbashev to open the scoring.

Looking forward to a good steamrolling tonight, saint louis style.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
gonna be a BIG win tonight and we will have to decide if I use my powers for game 4 then.

get your drinks ready to watch the refalanche get CLOWNED tonight

Reactions: Punished ROR

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If the coaches and the doctors say he can't go he can't go. Why are we slamming a player for being injured? Should we go slam Gunnersson, Faulk, Sunny, and Bortuzzo for not playing tonight either?
Oh yeah great examples, players with torn ACLs and concussions that aren’t even skating. Definitely the same as Dunn. :laugh:

Berube has been saying he’s “hopeful” he’ll be in the lineup for at least a week. The coaches aren’t holding him back.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Oh yeah great examples, players with torn ACLs and concussions that aren’t even skating. Definitely the same as Dunn. :laugh:

Berube has been saying he’s “hopeful” he’ll be in the lineup for at least a week. The coaches aren’t holding him back.

I find it hard to believe a guy is telling the coach he doesn't wanna play in a playoff game is he's healthy enuff.. especially Dunn.. he's a gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad