2021 Blues Regular Season multi-purpose thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Berube demands intensity and work from his players on ice. He isn’t wed to style of play. Assistant coaches seem to be doing most of strategy, Berube holds everyone accountable.
Yeah, Berube is a good captain of the ship type. I have to think either Montgomery was a really good add, or someone like Ott was always destined to be a really good coach and has a bright future ahead of him. It sounds like Montgomery changed up the PK from what they said on air last night, so props to him on that.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
That is not good. I am hoping his symptoms are very mild. I know a few people who have had Covid and even though they stopped testing positive they still didn't feel great for months afterwards.
Had that happen to me with the flu in 2016
got sick the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, the fever and cough were gone in about 5 days, but the tired, achy, feel like total dog poop stuff went on until mid February
the doctor told me I had Postviral Fatigue Syndrome, and it would go away when it went away
it absolutely sucks, I was completely miserable and then one morning I woke up and it was like a switch had flipped and it was gone
wouldn't wish it on anyone (well, maybe Joe Thornton)

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
should cancel the entire division like they did for the avs 2 times last year

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I think they should play Joshua, he is good on faceoffs and I think that is something that gets underrated

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
ROR out for at least 10 days, good thing we banked those 5 wins early. Big opportunity for Thomas here.
Isn't there the option to test out now with a negative test taken on day 7?

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
NHL Power Rankings -MoneyPuck NHL Power Rankings

Power Rankings based on advanced stats. Toronto listed at 10th. St. Louis listed at 11th currently. Where are my advanced stats apologists? Please tell me that I don't know what I'm watching. Please tell me the Blues haven't been dominating teams, and that Toronto (who just got destroyed 7-1 by a decimated AHL Pens team and 4-1 by the Canes) is actually better than St. Louis right now. Please explain how the Blues are barely in the top 1/3 of the league at this point. Please tell me how accurate and reliable these "advanced stats" are at capturing any semblance of reality.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Power Rankings based on advanced stats. Toronto listed at 10th. St. Louis listed at 11th currently. Where are my advanced stats apologists? Please tell me that I don't know what I'm watching. Please tell me the Blues haven't been dominating teams, and that Toronto (who just got destroyed 7-1 by a decimated AHL Pens team and 4-1 by the Canes) is actually better than St. Louis right now. Please explain how the Blues are barely in the top 1/3 of the league at this point. Please tell me how accurate and reliable these "advanced stats" are at capturing any semblance of reality.
Because money puck is a site for gambling and shouldn't be taken as an actual power rankings.

Reactions: Ridge1982

LGB

Feb 4, 2019

The same site that predicted the Blues late season resurgence in 18-19? Statistical predictions will become more accurate as the season goes on and they have more data.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don't bet hockey because it's my last sports joy and sports betting can turn a fan into a mercenary, but I really liked Toronto at +850 to miss the playoffs and Blues at -130 to make them.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

They should award a virtual Cup based on advanced stats, and the real one to the team that wins games.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Forward lines today at practice with ROR/Saad being out-

Kostin-Schenn-Perron
Kyrou-Bozak-Buchnevich
Barbashev-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbours-Joshua-Neal
Clifford

I had expected Chief to put Bozak between Kostin/Perron, and leave the other 2 top-9 lines alone, but I still don’t mind these. For all we know, they could swap within ten minutes into the game, but I still think we can beat Colorado tomorrow with this group.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
The same site that predicted the Blues late season resurgence in 18-19? Statistical predictions will become more accurate as the season goes on and they have more data.

But that doesn't even make any sense because when the Blues were still playing Allen behind Yeo, they were legitimately terrible. Only after they canned Yeo and demoted Allen in favor of Binnington did you see a relatively sudden shift in momentum, which these models couldn't have accounted for. These "advanced stats" are terrible models of reality and will often "predict" things accurately based on chance alone. Blind squirrels do find nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad