GDT: 2021-22 season game 54 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @7:30pm 2/28/22

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I wouldnt throw away the tape.. The 2nd line was totally thwarted.. would be interesting to analyze what Boston did to make that happen

Between that, the complete ease of breakouts and zone entries, the nonstop oddman breaks, and the total neutralization of our forecheck, there's not enough time between now and Wednesday to watch that much video

I HOPE it was just a one-off with everything going wrong but man there were some baaaaad signs in that third period.

Reactions: kinghock

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Between that, the complete ease of breakouts and zone entries, the nonstop oddman breaks, and the total neutralization of our forecheck, there's not enough time between now and Wednesday to watch that much video
feels like i can usually sum up their games in a sentence or two but yeah, this was just a laundry list of errors sewed up with a failure to convert opportunities

still feel like the scoreline betrays the game a bit but that was a LOT of garbage time

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
The second line, Doughty and Anderson combine for a -21.

absolutely putrid display by almost all our Defence

Dustin Brown is no longer an NHL player

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
feels like i can usually sum up their games in a sentence or two but yeah, this was just a laundry list of errors sewed up with a failure to convert opportunities

still feel like the scoreline betrays the game a bit but that was a LOT of garbage time

AND bad goaltending

I wouldn't even waste my time trying to 'fix' anything from that game. Sure the coaches should look at how we got dismantled but re: getting the players ready for next game better just to focus on what they've been doing right and keep doing what they did the last 6 days.

Reactions: tny760

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Lol @ Roy passing Brown the puck & Brown wide open sitting on the ice. Brown in lineup is problem 1.

Problem 2 is needing to find a starting goaltender.

Problem 3 is Kopi struggling on the defensive side. Although he didn't look any worse than anyone else tonight.

Problem 4, not going to name names, but Maatta wasn't the worst D on the ice tonight.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

I HOPE it was just a one-off with everything going wrong but man there were some baaaaad signs in that third period.
Most of the guys did not lack intensity (save for MAnderson and JQ im glancing at you) .. Boston was up for this game. Even with better puck luck - and JQ at least at his usual.. probably still dont win. Very few scoring chances all game.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Re DB... to me thats a bigger problem than it seems. When guys see he cant hang, it creates a falseness in the room... no one wants to say anything, and you want him to go out on top, but its a weird thing for the locker room im guessing.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Just got back from the game, and first thing that stood out to me was that I don't think the Kings made one decent breakout pass. The transition by the D was absolutely brutal. It seemed like every pass that came out of the Kings zone was 6 feet off the mark. Also doesn't help that Quick lets in a softy right off the bat, Anderson turns it over soon after for another goal and the Kings didn't rally after the Lemieux tilt.

I hate to say it but the young guys on the Kings do not look at all impressive. Absolutely nothing from them. Moore has some decent foot speed but that's about it. All the other guys like Kaliyev, Byfield, Lizotte looked pretty bad out there.

I think if the Kings want guys like Byfield, Kaliyev, Turcott, Vilardi, Kupari etc to develop they're going to need to be surrounded by some solid veterans that can get them going because it's not going to be this crew that does it for them.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ah yes, knew there would be at least one "Kings youth aren't impressive" from tonight.

Buddy the lineup was basically completely upside down. If not for the 3rd and 4th line, that bloodbath could have been even uglier.

Byfield had quite a few good possession shifts and he frankly one of the only ones. The top end of the lineup screwed the pooch tonight and the youth 'needing to show me something' is some bullshit.

It. Was. One. Game. Imagine deducing the Kings' future from their worst shutout loss in 13 years (vs the Thrashers!).

upload_2022-2-28_23-13-49.png

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Ah yes, thank you for your analysis of your first kings game this season

Ya right. Been to too many Kings games to see these rookies aren't half the players these boards make them out to be. You better hope Bergevin doesn't get too involved with them, or McLellan too for that matter. Byfield has the potential but it'll be squandered without some major changes.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Just got back from the game, and first thing that stood out to me was that I don't think the Kings made one decent breakout pass. The transition by the D was absolutely brutal. It seemed like every pass that came out of the Kings zone was 6 feet off the mark. Also doesn't help that Quick lets in a softy right off the bat, Anderson turns it over soon after for another goal and the Kings didn't rally after the Lemieux tilt.

I hate to say it but the young guys on the Kings do not look at all impressive. Absolutely nothing from them. Moore has some decent foot speed but that's about it. All the other guys like Kaliyev, Byfield, Lizotte looked pretty bad out there.

I think if the Kings want guys like Byfield, Kaliyev, Turcott, Vilardi, Kupari etc to develop they're going to need to be surrounded by some solid veterans that can get them going because it's not going to be this crew that does it for them.

7 goals were scored and the 3 guys you picked out that "looked pretty bad" were on the ice for none of them.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
7 goals were scored and the 3 guys you picked out that "looked pretty bad" were on the ice for none of them.
what does that have to do with anything? The whole team looked bad. For a young core that's considered to be one of the best, they contributed next to nothing on offense, generated no chances other than a muffin to the chest of Swayman. Boston's not that great of a team, you'd think they'd be noticeable. Not even a decent pass... nothing. Like I said, coaching is trash, and you sure as hell better hope Bergevin doesn't have any influence over Blake's already mediocre decision making. You're going to need to surround the kids with players they can benefit from otherwise they're going to go nowhere soon with this lineup

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
what does that have to do with anything? The whole team looked bad. For a young core that's considered to be one of the best, they contributed next to nothing on offense, generated no chances other than a muffin to the chest of Swayman. Boston's not that great of a team, you'd think they'd be noticeable. Not even a decent pass... nothing. Like I said, coaching is trash, and you sure as hell better hope Bergevin doesn't have any influence over Blake's already mediocre decision making. You're going to need to surround the kids with players they can benefit from otherwise they're going to go nowhere soon with this lineup
thanks for your input

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
This game was incredibly bad. Byfield might not be so good as some think etc etc. Could be or couldn’t be. The softies of Quick, outlet passes, transition game…logical observations.

Yet some of your other comments are borderline trolling after a stinker of a game like everything suddenly sucks because you went to the game.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Ugly as it gets.
After goal two I knew something was off tonight.
Then Kempe not getting the call on the breakaway , followed by the high sticked goal and we were cooked. Still can't figure out how they concluded it was below the crossbar when if they used the bottom of the number on his sleeve as the height, he hit it well above that. The 5 on 3 was expected soon as they lost the draw and it was cleared. The rest of the night was trash, it didn't matter.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad