GDT: 2021-22 Season game 1 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:30pm 10/14/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Seven is a lot, but it would nice to see him average 4 shots per game. That would put him right around 320 shots for the season.

Last full season, that puts him 5th overall. He himself has never had more than 259, with the next highest at 234. That's with Handzus and Stoll around at the same time to take defensive minutes.

Unless something has drastically changed, let's not get nuts.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
And to be fair, Kevin Stevens had the PEDs of hookers and blow in his corner!
Kopi's got Gustl, which is way better than hookers and blow.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
I went to the game last night. Scored som PR level tickets for $44 each about two hours before the game. It was my first game I attended since that debacle in Colorado Springs February 2020. I wasn't sure if Vegas was just flat or if the Kings were playing well but I'll take it either way. I think maybe a little bit of both are true but the Kings were making plays and just kept coming. Cal Peterson also made some pretty key saves. I threw my brand new hat as soon as Kopitar scored. I felt obligated to make a contribution even though I didn't get it to the ice. My form needs some fine tuning.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
I threw my brand new hat as soon as Kopitar scored. I felt obligated to make a contribution even though I didn't get it to the ice. My form needs some fine tuning.

Nope, not just you - from personal experience, I don't think it's possible for someone in the 200s/PR to throw a hat onto the ice, unless maybe you weigh it down first.

One side-note: after Pacioretty plowed into Petersen, it looked on TV like Lemieux was about to murder him, but then Lemieux backed off suddenly and just skated away. Did anyone hear anything about what exactly went down, there...??

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Nope, not just you - from personal experience, I don't think it's possible for someone in the 200s/PR to throw a hat onto the ice, unless maybe you weigh it down first.

One side-note: after Pacioretty plowed into Petersen, it looked on TV like Lemieux was about to murder him, but then Lemieux backed off suddenly and just skated away. Did anyone hear anything about what exactly went down, there...??
ref was right there i think, he probably dissuaded him

you'd think he would just make the call if he had such a great view but yeah..

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Yeah I just got excited and winged it like a tomahawk. I think you have a better chance trying to frisbee it but even then I think it's a tough task. Hopefully the team gives us more opportunities to practice.

I'll never forget when the Kings had hat night sponsored by McDonald's back in 2006 and Demitra had a hat trick. The place was raining hats for a solid five minutes. f***ing epic!

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Maybe I’m making this up? But I thought I remember a rule 2 fights in the same game is a Game Misconduct? If so, maybe that’s what held him back?

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Maybe I’m making this up? But I thought I remember a rule 2 fights in the same game is a Game Misconduct? If so, maybe that’s what held him back?

Good catch; looks like you're right (insofar as the ultimate result would've been his removal from the game - smart on him to realize it in the heat of the moment):

What are the rules for fighting in the NHL? – Hockey Answered

If a player is determined to be an instigator of a second fight within the same game they will be given a 2 minute penalty, a 5 minute major penalty, and a 10 minute game misconduct. This 10 minute game misconduct means that they are kicked out for the rest of the game.
I'm still mildly shocked that a penalty wasn't called on Pacioretty, but I'm guessing the ref thought in real-time that he was pushed into Petersen (obviously not the case in slow-mo replay, but that's the benefit of viewing at home)...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And also Lemeiux didn't want to get VGK back into the game at that point since Patches wouldn't have done shit, and we would have gotten 2 minutes for him committing 3 penalties in a minute.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Regarding the in-game experience...these dudes they have playing the drums and chanting throughout the play are f***ing horrible. They are maybe three sections over from me and a complete nuisance.

This isn't a soccer game. There is enough action to focus on without the need for incessant drumming and horrible chants. When I say horrible chants, they did "This is LA, our city our home etc..." over and over with drums behind it for a solid three minutes straight. Their playing f***ing Tom Sawyer over the speakers for f***s sake and these clowns are banging their dumb jungle drums.

People might like it when the Kings are kicking ass but boy oh boy is it going to be even more annoying when the Kings are losing 3-0 in a 75% full arena and these jagoffs are having a hippie drum circle all game.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Very happy overall with the opener. I think Walker had his best game as a King. Edler as a partner has allowed him to be able to join the rush giving the kings the offensive spark from the defensive spot we have been missing. Edler had a decent game and other then the one play where he got beat bad I think he had a good game. His defensive play 3 on 1 was a hilite to me and helped keep the momentum on our side. The russian kid played well and that between his legs play was refreshing to see that sorta skill from a king player. Both goals Cal let in should have been stopped but he made more then a few he shouldnt have. Overall he settled into a very good game imo. Only negetitive to me is Kempe He just needs to get better or we need to move him and get someone else on the line with Danault (Kailev comes to mind )

Reactions: kilowatt

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Very happy overall with the opener. I think Walker had his best game as a King. Edler as a partner has allowed him to be able to join the rush giving the kings the offensive spark from the defensive spot we have been missing. Edler had a decent game and other then the one play where he got beat bad I think he had a good game. His defensive play 3 on 1 was a hilite to me and helped keep the momentum on our side. The russian kid played well and that between his legs play was refreshing to see that sorta skill from a king player. Both goals Cal let in should have been stopped but he made more then a few he shouldnt have. Overall he settled into a very good game imo. Only negetitive to me is Kempe He just needs to get better or we need to move him and get someone else on the line with Danault (Kailev comes to mind )

Kempe did make that nice assist on a Kopitar goal, though.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Regarding the in-game experience...these dudes they have playing the drums and chanting throughout the play are f***ing horrible. They are maybe three sections over from me and a complete nuisance.

This isn't a soccer game. There is enough action to focus on without the need for incessant drumming and horrible chants. When I say horrible chants, they did "This is LA, our city our home etc..." over and over with drums behind it for a solid three minutes straight. Their playing f***ing Tom Sawyer over the speakers for f***s sake and these clowns are banging their dumb jungle drums.

People might like it when the Kings are kicking ass but boy oh boy is it going to be even more annoying when the Kings are losing 3-0 in a 75% full arena and these jagoffs are having a hippie drum circle all game.
i was actually wondering whether that was a team thing or if it was just fans but if they had drums it must be official.. it came in through the TV feed too, albeit kinda quiet after the first 10 min

very, very annoying. i'd be f***in pissed if i paid for season tickets not knowing that garbage was gonna be there blowing my ears out

outdoors at a soccer field is one thing, indoors in a literal echo chamber? no thanks

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Oh, great. I'm attending tomorrow's game and now I'm dreading the thought of having to listen to that crap while trying to enjoy a live hockey game for the first time in years.

Who the f*** is in charge of live game entertainment there?

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
100% people need to complain. Its literally awful, whoever thought it was a good idea needs to be fired.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Yeah, it seems or sounds wonky. I haven't found much on it. Not looking forward to it :P I will be down in a couple of weeks to see a game.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Yeah I get it. I'm one of the few people on this board who likes soccer and I actually sit next to the supporters group when I go to Galaxy games and I've sat with them for US national team games and its something that's a lot of fun for me. But I know that's not for everyone and I know there are several people on this board who despise anything soccer related.

If I was a season ticket holder sitting near them I'd be pretty pissed, I go to games to see hockey and not having drums beating the entire game. I see what the Kings are trying to do, but this is something I don't think will win over fans knowing that hockey fans in general can be pretty anal about these kind of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad