GWT: 2021-22 PL Matchweek 1

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Have not been impressed by any of the English players that rushed back after the Euros and played. Rice has been bad today and he hasn’t been the only one.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Had to shit on Rice for him to wake up.

Antonio is lovely. Such a brute and 110 mil. Less that Lukaku

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
That was a classic Bielsa defensive performance, just absolutely ripped apart. They should be okay though because we've seen them get this destroyed in the past and bounce back.

I think we gotta conclude that Bruno is world class at this point. He continues to the point where he keeps on scoring absolutely beautiful goals that it just isn't a fluke anymore. Wanted him here badly, but they have an identity so not surprised...

Aston and Soton are real possibilities for relegation, Villa looked absolutely lost without Grealish and losing to a team as pathetic as they are could be a very worrisome sign. Soton just doesn't have enough talent and I think some of their problems come from a lack of identity just as Arsenal is. They have some talent around, but does it mesh well with each other? I suggest it doesn't.

Pathetic is what you are calling us ? It's people like you and the other plastics who revel in nonsense like the ESL. We worked hard, had a plan and took our chances. Villa still have players to come in and probably will sign someone else but it's not our fault they looked lost without Grealish. We clamped down on Buendia maintained a high press. It worked.

I'm sorry we cannot spend hundreds of millions or be backed by an oil state to satisfy your idea of football aesthetics.

Reactions: Islay1989

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Pathetic is what you are calling us ? It's people like you and the other plastics who revel in nonsense like the ESL. We worked hard, had a plan and took our chances. Villa still have players to come in and probably will sign someone else but it's not our fault they looked lost without Grealish. We clamped down on Buendia maintained a high press. It worked.

I'm sorry we cannot spend hundreds of millions or be backed by an oil state to satisfy your idea of football aesthetics.
Also, who about what, Gooner calling other teams pathetic.

Reactions: luiginb and BMann

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I feel like 3 of the worst CBs in the PL are starting in this game. At least Ake and Dier are homegrown

original.gif

Reactions: BMann

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Have not been impressed by any of the English players that rushed back after the Euros and played. Rice has been bad today and he hasn’t been the only one.
Most of the squad was very, very poor in the first half, but they elevated in the second half, Rice included. Benrahma does seem poised for a big year.

Clown shoes defending in the first half, particularly Dawson. No need for cover though, I'm assured!

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Dier isn't even HG.

New manager and Dier is back in the team. Then is takes 50 $$&$^$ games for that new manager to understand he is that bad.

Feels like a City lineup one could beat, but Spurs is just in such a mess with that lineup. No Kane and no CD.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Most of the squad was very, very poor in the first half, but they elevated in the second half, Rice included. Benrahma does seem poised for a big year.

Clown shoes defending in the first half, particularly Dawson. No need for cover though, I'm assured!
Yeah definitely fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad