Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Also… I’m getting a bit annoyed about the Wings getting boned by the wives of players from other teams.

They get a move lined up and then Mrs. Suter or Mrs. Trouba just go brrrr.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I’m hearing the Troubas just really don’t want to leave NY, nothing against Detroit. His wife is in residency, but they also just love it there and wanted it to be their forever home. Some speculation that on Monday Trouba will submit his 15-team list and have Detroit on it.
I hope so

• Wow
Reactions: jaster

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
I'm not leveling the following comments at any one individual, but I think they're relevant:

It's very easy to just say that something sucks. It takes more effort and discipline to really justify an opinion and keep discourse moving forward.

Forums in general would be vastly improved with less of the former and more of the latter.

I mean, I agree. Which is why in relation to the Walman trade, I was saying… it’s a bad trade, but you have to see what they do with the freed up cap space because it’s clear as day they’re not going to just sit on it

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I’m hearing the Troubas just really don’t want to leave NY, nothing against Detroit. His wife is in residency, but they also just love it there and wanted it to be their forever home. Some speculation that on Monday Trouba will submit his 15-team list and have Detroit on it.
As in one of the 15 teams he can be traded to?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

15 team no trade list.

If Trouba does add Detroit then I won’t be surprised if he’s waived then bought out. He’s going to piss off a lot of old school GMs.

I could see him ending up an Islander if he gets bought out.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
Correct. Perhaps only a rumor, but based on some history with Trouba’s agent (forget his name), there’s some murmurs that they may list the 15 teams they think are most likely to want to trade for him.

But it also sounds like he may just still be in some shock that he might be on the way out of NY, and is just weighing all his options/trying to figure things out.

Reactions: Ricelund

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
15 team no trade list.

If Trouba does add Detroit then I won’t be surprised if he’s waived then bought out. He’s going to piss off a lot of old school GMs.

I could see him ending up an Islander if he gets bought out.

Buyout window ends tomorrow so unless they just say screw it they won’t know his list before buying him out.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Buyout window ends tomorrow so unless they just say screw it they won’t know his list before buying him out.

I thought there was a second buyout window in the offseason?

They really need to fix the buyout rules next cba. Like, player compensation stays the same but buyout window is all offseason ending before camp.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

That rumor is out of context and was originally started from the athletic. They are talking about it in the trade forum.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
If that’s the case then I’d just assume not trade for him if his heart isn’t in it.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
But how does it work if Trouba is on that list of players needing an elbow?

Asking for a friend.
Tell Jacob to go dive face first into the boards again?!

Look, I get not liking a dirty player, so I don't expect all Wings fans to welcome Trouba with open arms. Add in his contract and level of play, sure there is potential this deal could blow up bad.

I look at it this way, certainly one of the dirtiest teams in the league, if not the dirtiest, just lifted the cup. Our best player, Larkin, suffered injuries while playing them and Ottawa(also very dirty, especially when they play us), and I don't think for a second it was a conceidence.

We are all tired of this stuff happening to the Wings, so fight fire with fire. If Radko Gudas wants to slewfoot Lucas Raymond after the period ends like that POS did, fine. Trouba can then go out and put Leo Carlsson on LTIR. Time to go Untouchables style on this league.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If he comes retained to 5.5-6 and Holl were to go the other way I think a like that deal. For all the complaining he is better than everyone not named Seider on our team. Ed doesn't count yet as better until he plays 20+ a night and is better. Trouba is better than Chiarot as well. It is only 2 years as well, so lets say he sucks, then you move him at the deadline or next offseason. Not only that, but our team is paper soft and having come actual grit is a good thing.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland

Steve getting absolutely trashed on the main boards Trouba thread.
Context is important to hockey plays. I remember that brainfart clearly. Rags were dominated by Florida that period and decided to play physical. This is what you get when physical play is forced.

Still it looks extremely bad. However, one can find several moments when Seider looked even worse.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
We talking about the main board? Where, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think it was a bunch of 7th graders posting?

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
I totally get it, just find it ironic that when Steve was in Tampa he was considered the best GM in the league. Now most fanbases are shitting on him.

Because they have the memory of a goldfish and the vision of a blind alpaca and Tampa went to like four Cup finals, won a couple times and in one year they didn’t go far in the playoffs they won 62 games.

Yzerman didn’t magically make the Wings contend for a Cup in five years, so to them he’s dogshit.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad