2021-2022 Around The League - Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean Tortorella is still a good coach and he will improve the Flyers. The thing is, what the Flyers really need is an acknowledgment of a rebuild instead of trying to kick the can down the road. But re-signing Ristolainen already showed that their management has no intentions of such a thing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I mean Tortorella is still a good coach and he will improve the Flyers. The thing is, what the Flyers really need is an acknowledgment of a rebuild instead of trying to kick the can down the road. But re-signing Ristolainen already showed that their management has no intentions of such a thing.
The minute they invoked the ghost of Ed Snider after firing Hextall I knew they were doomed.

I honestly love the hiring. A better marriage between antiquated organization and cranky-ass old-school coach could not be envisioned.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The minute they invoked the ghost of Ed Snider after firing Hextall I knew they were doomed.

I honestly love the hiring. A better marriage between antiquated organization and cranky-ass old-school coach could not be envisioned.
They just fired Vigneault & Therrien to hire Torts. That's more of the same.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Just gonna continue to force a square peg into a round hole.

He's mentioned "competitive balance" about 4 or 5 times now. Clearly they want games and standings close.

Coming up on 30 years of believing in a failed market. I honestly don't understand why they're so committed to failure. The TV deal aspect never made enough sense to me.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Vegas is finally under the cap.

Why is this trade even allowed to go through? The sole reason for this is to allow Vegas to go over the cap $7.8M next year. Again.

Why the hell did Bettman insist on canceling 1.5 hockey seasons because they needed to implement a cap they have no plans of enforcing?

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Why is this trade even allowed to go through? The sole reason for this is to allow Vegas to go over the cap $7.8M next year. Again.

Why the hell did Bettman insist on canceling 1.5 hockey seasons because they needed to implement a cap they have no plans of enforcing?
It doesn't allow them to go over. This gets them under.

AFK

Jan 8, 2014
Can someone explain this trade for a dullard like me?

Is it because Vegas was able to unload Dadonov's contract without giving up additional assets (just cash that doesn't count against the cap for a retired Weber)?

Or, if not, why was it brilliant?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I give it one year before Carter Hart asks out of Philly because of Torts.
Has a goalie ever asked out during Torts tenure?

Usually coaches like Torts leave goalies alone, even they knows you don't mess with them and leave it to the goalie coach.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It doesn't allow them to go over. This gets them under.

That's how LTIR works. Trading Dadonov clears his $5M. Adding Weber allows them to go over the cap by $7.857M on LTIR to "replace" him.

Which to me should be enough to deny the trade. The purpose of LTIR is to allow teams to replace injured players. There was no expectation that Weber would play for them when they made the trade, so therefore no expectation he needed to be replaced. The LTIR savings should be voided IMO, but I know it won't.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That's how LTIR works. Trading Dadonov clears his $5M. Adding Weber allows them to go over the cap by $7.857M on LTIR.

I'm really not quite sure what your point is.

All this does is clears Dadonov's contract.

Weber on LTIR means that it gives them $7.857 mil on LTIR, which is eaten up his $7.857 mil cap hit - the net result is zero and it has drawbacks as they can't accrue cap space, it affects bonuses, etc. End of the day it's a negative to have Weber's contract on the books.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm really not quite sure what your point is.

All this does is clears Dadonov's contract.

Weber on LTIR means that it gives them $7.857 mil on LTIR, which is eaten up his $7.857 mil cap hit - the net result is zero and it has drawbacks as they can't accrue cap space, it affects bonuses, etc. End of the day it's a negative to have Weber's contract on the books.

I'm not sure why my point is so hard to understand. Most every other team starts next season with a cap of $82.5M. Vegas essential now has a cap of $90.375M. I don't believe this should be allowed.

End of the day this is a positive benefit for them or they wouldn't have done it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad