2021-2022 Around The League - Part VII

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Vegas' core is aging by the minute and their depth is about to get raped by the cap. They don't worry me like they used to.

Their last real shot at the cup IMO was last year and they blew it to Montreal.

Aging core still close to its prime, sure some players will be declining a bit more Cassidy is one of the best coaches in the league. A year of Eichel building chemistry with the rest of the team and they’ll easily be in 1st place of the Pacific.

I don’t think they’re better than the Avs, but they’re easily the 2nd best team in the West if healthy and will be a tough out.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's in the AHL not NHL anymore but Jesus Christ, dude looks to be over 300 lbs now.

JIwZOSO.jpeg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Aging core still close to its prime, sure some players will be declining a bit more Cassidy is one of the best coaches in the league. A year of Eichel building chemistry with the rest of the team and they’ll easily be in 1st place of the Pacific.

I don’t think they’re better than the Avs, but they’re easily the 2nd best team in the West if healthy and will be a tough out.
Meh, I think Cassidy got everything he could out of that Bruins lineup with Bergeron/Marchand playing at IMO top-10 forwards in the league level, with Pastrnak being a top-5goal scorer since Cassidy took over.

I don't see any player that level on Vegas and yes, that includes Eichel. So IMO he's got less to work with in Vegas along with a disgruntled/injury prone goalie in Robin Lehner.

Who knows, maybe it goes well. But I have my doubts about Vegas being a dominant team moving forward.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Cassidy did a lot with an aging core in Boston, too. Marchand and Bergeron aren't spring chickens, after all. If anybody can get the most out of thqt core , it would be him. I don't think Vegas is going to be a true contender anymore because of what Eichel does to their cap and depth, but Cassidy will make them a playoff team and a tough out for a couple years.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Gary mentions the leagues "competitive balance" as being better than any of the other major sports leagues, and a reason why ratings and league revenues are up. So, don't get your hopes up about them fixing the officiating and the game management.

Also, he and Daley say they don't think the cap manipulation that teams used in recent years to come up in meetings this summer. So get used to that BS sticking around too.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Just gonna continue to force a square peg into a round hole.

Gary mentions the leagues "competitive balance" as being better than any of the other major sports leagues, and a reason why ratings and league revenues are up. So, don't get your hopes up about them fixing the officiating and the game management.

Also, he and Daley say they don't think the cap manipulation that teams used in recent years to come up in meetings this summer. So get used to that BS sticking around too.
He's mentioned "competitive balance" about 4 or 5 times now. Clearly they want games and standings close.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Were between game 1 and 2 of the SCF and y’all wanna talk about a non playoff team still...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad