2020 Redraft - Top 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Tim Stutzle
Jake Sanderson
Quintin Byfield
Lucas Raymond
Dawson Mercer
Really? Mercer was very good up to this season but took a step back this season.\ Think Stutzle took a step back as well. Lafreniere and Byfield took a big step forward.
I will give you my top 10
Sanderson (+4) Stud- holding him back from staying #1 is he isn't an elite points producer
Lafreniere (-1) Think a year from now he will be back to #1
Byfield (-1)
Stutzle (-1)
Jarvis (+7)
Faber (+39) ** just editted because didn't notice him on the list of drafted players from that year
Raymond (-3)
Mercer (+10)
Lundell (+3)
Foerster (+13)
Next 11-20-
Quinn ( injuries dropped him otherwise would be in 7/8 range)
Guehle, Holloway, Schneider, Lapierre, Chinakov, Perfetti, Zary, Barron, Bourque

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Really? Mercer was very good up to this season but took a step back this season.\ Think Stutzle took a step back as well. Lafreniere and Byfield took a big step forward.
Sanderson (+4) Stud- holding him back from staying #1 is he isn't an elite points producer
Byfield (-1)
Stutzle (-1)
Jarvis (+7)
Faber (+39) ** just editted because didn't notice him on the list of drafted players from that year
Raymond (-3)
Mercer (+10)
Lundell (+3)
Foerster (+13)
Next 11-20-
Guehle, Holloway, Schneider, Lapierre, Chinakov, Perfetti, Zary, Barron, Bourque
Injuries also had Stutzle take a step back, wrist injury in game 4 of the year and shoulder injury half the year, from the end of season presser.
Fans could tell that, after seeing his wrist taped all year, and 2 big athletic bands on his neck/shoulder half the year.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The guy he outscored by 10+ goals and 15+ points this season, and has nearly double the NHL points than so far?

Eh, redrafts this early still include a lot of room for potential. Byfield made huge strides this year and his power and speed game is a unique element that is hard to find in top line scoring talent. I don’t think it’s a stretch to still take him ahead even if Raymond has been better so far in the NHL. It would be one thing if Byfield still hadn’t shown any progression, but after this year his floor is high enough to focus on the long term potential.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Byfield (-1)
Stutzle (-1)
Jarvis (+7)
Raymond (-3)
Mercer (+10)
Lundell (+3)
Foerster (+13)
Next 11-20-

Stu has 100 points more than laf in fewer games and almost 3 times as many points as Byfield since the draft.

He's also a 1C who plays on our PK.

No idea how you have him behind those two.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Sanderson
Byfield
Faber
Stutzle
Raymond

i think Byfield will pass both Stutzle & Raymond as overall players in the next few years. He just brings a more unique and valuable skillset to the table

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Eh, redrafts this early still include a lot of room for potential. Byfield made huge strides this year and his power and speed game is a unique element that is hard to find in top line scoring talent. I don’t think it’s a stretch to still take him ahead even if Raymond has been better so far in the NHL. It would be one thing if Byfield still hadn’t shown any progression, but after this year his floor is high enough to focus on the long term potential.
Raymond made even bigger strides. Just crazy to me that people are ranking this year’s top scorer from the draft as low as 7th.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Raymond made even bigger strides. Just crazy to me that people are ranking this year’s top scorer from the draft as low as 7th.
I’ll be honest, I’d take byfield on my team over Raymond going into next year.

Big center with huge upside? I value that over a strong scoring winger. Byfield at 25 is going to be a problem in the league.

And I think Raymond is great, no shame in being behind Byfield

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I’ll be honest, I’d take byfield on my team over Raymond going into next year.

Big center with huge upside? I value that over a strong scoring winger. Byfield at 25 is going to be a problem in the league.

And I think Raymond is great, no shame in being behind Byfield
Didn’t he mostly play on the wing this year though? Maybe he’s a C long-term but until he plays that position and produces while doing it..

There’s also Jarvis and Lafreniere. Far behind Raymond? Maybe not. But just because Laf improved to a 50 point guy it seems people are back on the hype train, while a 70+ season from Raymond is ”whatever”. Just predictable is all.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Byfield (-1)
Stutzle (-1)
Jarvis (+7)
Raymond (-3)
Mercer (+10)
Lundell (+3)
Foerster (+13)
Next 11-20-

Peterka?

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Didn’t he mostly play on the wing this year though? Maybe he’s a C long-term but until he plays that position and produces while doing it..

There’s also Jarvis and Lafreniere. Far behind Raymond? Maybe not. But just because Laf improved to a 50 point guy it seems people are back on the hype train, while a 70+ season from Raymond is ”whatever”. Just predictable is
Long term center plan if I am building a team

You mentioned Byfield, so I gave my opinion on that individual.

Regarding Jarvis, he looked great in the playoffs, and is a similar player to Raymond, but on a better team. I consider them to be very similar players. However, Jarvis has shown to be a good player in the playoffs, so maybe some people may be favorable to him

I’m not a fan of Laf, but he had a good even strength year. He also scored 28 goals shooting 12.8%, while Raymond shot 19% this year, which is incredibly unsustainable. Lafs playoff this year has been very strong, and again, that’s something Raymond can’t compare to. Again, I’m not a fan, but I get the argument.

Raymond is a winger who is relatively one dimensional and while he had a great year, hasn’t set the league on fire to the point where he is a clear top pick in a redraft. Also, his year looks to be a bit of a luck year, shooting 19% is crazy

I expect him to climb next year with increased PP time

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
5. Jarvis
4. Raymond
3. Faber
2. Sanderson
1. Stuztle

Number 5 is really close between Byfield and Jarvis, if Byfield ends up back on centre maybe he takes the spot instead.

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I'll take a big C like Byfield any day over Raymond. Stutzle is the best player from this draft so far. So that puts him 3rd in terms of forwards.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad