Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I remember hope.
giphy.gif

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Hmmm, here's a thought. Perhaps everyone could wait and see IF they bring back Braun before freaking out and trashing Fletcher. IF they bring him back maybe just maybe people could also consider the term, money, and likely role before freaking out as well. In a vacuum I'm not in favor of bringing back Braun. However, if it's for one year to play on the third pair with a salary to match that it's not the end of the world. Have to you know, actually wait and see how things play out though before rushing to judgement. It's almost as if some people just desperately want to have a reason to trash Fletcher.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Honestly, best case scenario might be trading Giroux, Voracek, Ghost, Frost, etc somewhere so those guys have a chance to actually win a cup. :laugh:

We're not doing shit with guys like AV and Fletcher here to turn this team into the slow, stupid, unskilled, pile of shit they so clearly want.

Braun, Hagg, Thompson, Grant, Stewart... it's not going to end.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sure would have been nice for Friedman to get more than 7 NHL games before his 25th birthday. His chances to be a regular just went up though. Could still make additional moves but Myers, Braun, Friedman is a pretty weak right side, but I guess people will get their wish of Myers playing on the top pair.

I do like how the PK was mentioned as a focus and not the atrocious PP that contributed to a second round loss.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Hmmm, here's a thought. Perhaps everyone could wait and see IF they bring back Braun before freaking out and trashing Fletcher. IF they bring him back maybe just maybe people could also consider the term, money, and likely role before freaking out as well. In a vacuum I'm not in favor of bringing back Braun. However, if it's for one year to play on the third pair with a salary to match that it's not the end of the world. Have to you know, actually wait and see how things play out though before rushing to judgement. It's almost as if some people just desperately want to have a reason to trash Fletcher.
Are you surprised?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sure would have been nice for Friedman to get more than 7 NHL games before his 25th birthday. His chances to be a regular just went up though. Could still make additional moves but Myers, Braun, Friedman is a pretty weak right side.

I do like how the PK was mentioned as a focus and not the atrocious PP that contributed to a second round loss.

They are still employing Michel Therrien to this point. So they’re obviously not too worried about the PP.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sure would have been nice for Friedman to get more than 7 NHL games before his 25th birthday. His chances to be a regular just went up though. Could still make additional moves but Myers, Braun, Friedman is a pretty weak right side, but I guess people will get their wish of Myers playing on the top pair.

Ghost, Myers, Friedman wouldn't be, but hey...

Instead we're getting Myers, Braun, Hagg.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't forget the ED, if you added a high caliber D-man on a multi-year contract, you're going 4/4 or exposing one of Myers/Sanheim.
And 4/4 means Giroux, Hayes, Couts and one other, so TK/Lindblom/Patrick/Voracek/JVR.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I am terrified of it

I’m talking specifically about Niskanen. Not the fallout. But yes the fallout is concerning.

At 34 years old I’m not really sure how repeatable Niskanen’s season last year would have been next year. It was an outlier season over a three year trend for him. So I don’t necessarily see it as a big loss in that sense.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sanheim/Braun wasn't a bad pairing. It also doesn't maximize Sanheim, but I'm willing to stomach an awful lot if the mistake doesn't come with term and Hagg isn't iced.

I've officially reached the bargaining stage of grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad