2020 Offseason Thread Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Hmmm, need some time to process this. Niskanen was great during the regular season and helped Provorov find his game again. That said, he looked completely spent during the playoffs and that was after having a few months off. That's a lot of cap space to work with though. I don't know, I guess it depends on what they do with it. It certainly makes the offseason a whole lot more interesting.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Friedman mentioned they'd want Braun back for the PK, not for a top 4 role.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It’s fine if they sign Pietrangelo, but losing Niskanen (who should have been moved to a lesser role this year) - to essentially replace him with Braun is a downgrade.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
meh, it's all about the cost/term. RHD don't fall out of trees.

We've got Myers at that spot, and nobody else with any track. Maybe Ghost (who can play RHD) doesn't like it..idk. If Freidman wins a job, great.

If it's 1yr 4m...it's stop gap territory. Not the worst.

O/s cernak
Sign Pietrangelo
Sign tanev.

There are a plethora of better options.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ghost will still be traded, don’t worry. They hate Ghost-Braun and wouldn’t dare put a healthy scratch lefty at RD1.

So, we hoping for Hagg-Braun or Provorov-Braun? It’s a win-win.

22BCC053-235D-4F2D-A571-69B2E8EAE5FA.jpeg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
meh, it's all about the cost/term. RHD don't fall out of trees.

We've got Myers at that spot, and nobody else with any track. Maybe Ghost (who can play RHD) doesn't like it..idk. If Freidman wins a job, great.

If it's 1yr 4m...it's stop gap territory. Not the worst.
This isn't defensible. It'd be a horrible signing.

Braun sucks and there's no excuse for re-signing him.

Reactions: Starat327

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Imagine a full year of Hagg-Braun.

I know some people have really short memories but that pair was about as bad as a pair could possibly be. Or, even worse, imagine having one of those two in the top six again...

It wouldn't even matter what the rest of the D looks like. Having those two in the lineup is awful.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Penguins are letting Dominik Simon walk, a pretty solid bottom six center who just turned 26.
They must be in cap hell.

Josh Brown got $2.5M for 2 years, seems the Hagg deal isn't out of line for the market.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hagg-Braun will give up so many f***ing goals.

The other f***ed up thought about this is that they see Braun as a top 4 RD... holy shit no...

Braun is nowhere near Niskanen's level.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Niskanen's bubble play makes a little more sense now, I guess. It's a shame because he really did have as good of a season as he could have possibly hoped up to that point.

Penguins are letting Dominik Simon walk, a pretty solid bottom six center who just turned 26.
They must be in cap hell.

How do you value a guy who was absolutely phenomenal defensively for a season and below average other than that? These are the types of intricate evaluations that can make/break a GM's career.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The only thing I particularly enjoy about Fletcher being GM is that I think he can be a player for Pietrangelo and I think that would put us over the top next year. Not necessary, but man Top 5-10 D-Men don't come around super often. Thinking of when we had Pronger and Kimmo...a man can dream.
IDK what Laine would command but if they could swing Pietrangelo (assuming Niskanen retires), then trade Ghost + whatever (picks? player? prospect?), then move JvR for something like a cap dump. That is a pretty ridiculous team.

Laine-Coots-The Neck
Farabee-Hayes-Giroux
Lindblom-Frost-Voracek
Raffl-Patrick-NAK

Pietrangelo-Provolone
Myers-Sanheim
Hagg-Friedman/whomever

No idea if those lines or pairings would make sense but dang.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Ghost will still be traded, don’t worry. They hate Ghost-Braun and wouldn’t dare put a healthy scratch lefty at RD1.

So, we hoping for Hagg-Braun or Provorov-Braun? It’s a win-win.

Why must you put my fears to paper?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pietrangelo has his Cup, so I think he's probably looking for the big contract, as good as he is, you can cripple a franchise with a decade wide window for a D-man who turns 31 in January.
Figure 4 good seasons left post-peak, after that, le deluge.
He's very good, but is he worth say $10M a year for 7 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad