2020 Offseason Thread Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
what change do you guys want on the powerplay that can help out? Something besides just putting ghost back on, g/voracek on their correct sides (i know that works but want other answers)....looking for other options that we should implement. Our 2nd go to unit was giroux and voracek swapping lmao...there has to be a better unit/strategy haha

Lots more mobility off the puck to help create match up problems. Let TK or Voracek drift below the goal lines for playa into the slot. Crash Vora off the wing occasionally to try to open up Coots. Drift G into the corner well Coots or TK slides from the net into space on the half wall. Work the D man in from the point while Vora rotates to the point. Anything to create mismatches in small areas. If you put the defenders in a position where they have to make rotation decisions there will be quick little break downs that somebody like G can exploit.

And for the love of god stop stacking G Coots and Vora in a line. The amount o times I have watched one defender fill a passing lane to two players kills me.

And keep the puck off the wall. NHL PKs employ far to much pressure for that now. They are trying to get you to rim the puck around as this allows them to collapse on the pass recipient around the same time the puck is arriving.

Reactions: Audible Velvet

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Nisky is relatively young. Tough to walk away from seven figures at 33.

Must really be hurting. Shame, as he had a good year until the playoffs.

Edit: argh, no need for Fletch to panic. As one of Braun's bigger supporters here, it's time to cut bait.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Braun potentially being back in the top 4 is upsetting though.

wat_png__by_katysz__by_katysz_d6j542d-fullview.png

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’d have been okay with Niskanen back, as I think he kind of faltered as the year went along.

In a reduced role with less minutes, I’d have been happy with him returning. With one year left on his deal it was a further nice bridge for potentially Zamula. Nothing wrong with a vet dman who might actually be able to teach the young guys a thing or two, as opposed to the former staple in MacDonald.

The fear, as some have alluded to. Is what kind of contract will Fletcher hand out to fill that “hole”.

Sometimes the devil you know...

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
This sucks. Our D is considerable worse without Niskanen.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
There it is. f***ing Braun.

Have the hot girl turn you down at the dance and settle for her ugly ass friend.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Oh, never mind. They're f***ing idiots. We're going to re-sign our two worst defensemen from last year and overuse them again.

Really great management. Awesome job Fletcher.

meh, it's all about the cost/term. RHD don't fall out of trees.

We've got Myers at that spot, and nobody else with any track. Maybe Ghost (who can play RHD) doesn't like it..idk. If Freidman wins a job, great.

If it's 1yr 4m...it's stop gap territory. Not the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad