GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft [SN, NBCSN; 6PM Central]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm confused is he a guy that's expected to be a top 6 player or is he a bottom 6 guy with some offensive upside?

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Literally impossible to be upset with this pick. Doesn't have the high end potential most of us wanted but he reminds me of the Dellandrea pick, does everything well but nothing great with potential to be better than just "well"

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Are we posting a unique thread or using that LWOS thread? I'm going to try and dig up some stuff on him.

Reactions: LT

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
16. Mavrik Bourque — C, Shawinigan Cataractes, 5-foot-10.25

If you’ve followed my work this season, you’ll know that Bourque has been one of my favourites in this draft. And though I know some other evaluators who’ve grown quite fond of his game, this ranking is still probably in the minority (I’d expect him to be available into the late teens or maybe even the 20s). I debated having Bourque as high as No. 12 in recent weeks, so don’t let his one-spot drop since June fool you. He’s one of those players who just plays fast. He’s quick from a standstill. He’s agile in high traffic. He can play the puck into space and get to it through bodies and sticks. He reads and reacts before defenders do. And he’ll hang onto the puck to beat a defender one-on-one on one shift before stopping up to throw a pass against the grain in the next. Bourque has also consistently made high-end plays without high-end players around him. And his production is in line with many of the CHL players who will likely be selected in front of him. He’s not particularly explosive for his size and that may limit his NHL upside, but you don’t have to be the fastest player on the ice to play like you’re the fastest player on the ice.

Wheeler: Updated ranking for the 2020 NHL Draft’s top 100 prospects

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Nice Pick. Really like his upbringing, showing strong character.

And a great name for Texas!
giphy.gif

Congratulations folks.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
At least we got our Faksa replacement.... Replacement... So annoyed by these safe picks

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At least we got our Faksa replacement.... Replacement... So annoyed by these safe picks

Except this guy isn't great defensively, isn't big, isn't physical, and is offensively gifted and smart and is likely a top 6 player or bust pick. But close I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad