2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don’t think Ottawa touches him and I see him going 6th at the earliest but more likely 7th. He may be good yes but I’d put Drysdale ahead of him simply because of the change occurring towards star 1D and he is a right handed one at that.

That's fair; and I do see them. But it is hard to pass up on two centers. They could always trade or sign for a right defenseman and they sometimes take longer to develop.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
That's fair; and I do see them. But it is hard to pass up on two centers. They could always trade or sign for a right defenseman and they sometimes take longer to develop.
i dont doubt that but Drysdale looks like a stud and as mentioned plenty on HF boards thats a stud 1c and a stud 1d on elc contracts. hard to pass that up for possible rossi not playing c for you.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
How do you know he is 1 or 2 years away?

And why on earth would he go to sweden for a year or two?

Nobody knows for sure, but it's probably more likely than not that he will spend one more year in the Finnish League. I don't think many players outside of Lafreniere that are looked at as a player you can ink into their NHL teams opening night roster.

But nobody knows for sure yet.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Don't forget, this is currently his D+1 year. This would otherwise be his one additional year in Liiga. He could very well be in the NHL next season. He was considered to be one of the most NHL ready guys in the draft.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

TNor31

Mar 1, 2014
Lets say the draft goes our way and both Rossi and Lundell are available at 9, does trading Dumba for a package built around 10 make sense? Does Winnipeg do it?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Lets say the draft goes our way and both Rossi and Lundell are available at 9, does trading Dumba for a package built around 10 make sense? Does Winnipeg do it?
id be game to try but i dont know that the Jets go for it. we would have to package something pretty enticing for them to bite.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Dumba for #10 would be fair from their point of view. It would just depend on where their mindset is at. We'd definitely have to believe that Rossi is an NHL center.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Dumba for #10 would be fair from their point of view. It would just depend on where their mindset is at. We'd definitely have to believe that Rossi is an NHL center.
what if its lundell and sanderson instead? uncertainty around rossi gives us a future 1LD prospect that we dont have for when suter and brodin depart us.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
what if its lundell and sanderson instead? uncertainty around rossi gives us a future 1LD prospect that we dont have for when suter and brodin depart us.

So we have 9 and 10 and come out with two guys whose upside is questioned? I would much rather go for the home runs in Rossi or Holtz if available.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Rossi will be gone.

I think we may see Drysdale and Holtz drop to #9. I think Drysdale is a top 5 talent too, but we'll see what teams have as their BPA mixed with their needs.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Askarov fingers crossed. I am nervous as hell we're gonna be that team the more I read about Brackett

I'm curious; what gives you that impression? He made some smart decisions, but I can't think for the life of me where he has gone off the board in the 1st round. Let's see Podkolzin was controversial, but had top 10 talent. Taking him at 10th wasn't a stretch. Quinn Hughes was ranked in the top 10, picked 7th. Elias Pettersson taken 5th, was ranked in the top 10. Olli Juolevi apparently wasn't his pick. Boeser was seen as a top 15 pickish, probably top 20-30 pick. Taken at 23.

I don't see any off the wall picks, and pretty smart picks.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would bet Rossi falls due to size and the only way I could see Lundell being gone at our pick is if Buffalo falls in love with him. Historically, it’s very unlikely that less than 2 defenseman are taken before 9 and I would expect Drysdale and Sanderson to be gone anyways due to both having top pairing upside and many teams having needs for defensmen ahead of us. I would bet Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale and Sanderson are gone before 9. That means, assuming no huge suprises, one Raymond, Perfetti, Holtz and Rossi will be available at 9, and I think the latter two are the most likely to be there.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Even trading up to the 4-6 range I'd be ok with. Would you rather have Monahan or Perfetti/Rossi if it costs you Dumba or Dumba +?

From the Athletic staff mock: "the panel of scouts pushed back on Lundell at NO. 9, even those who were advocates felt that was slightly too high for what he projects out as. Most felt like Sanderson went too low, (10) as well."

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
So we have 9 and 10 and come out with two guys whose upside is questioned? I would much rather go for the home runs in Rossi or Holtz if available.
outside of laf who has an unquestioned upside? i know rossi and holtz project to be very offensively gifted but lundel and sanderson arent exactly scrubs.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
What would it cost to trade up? I'm not sure Dumba and 9th is worth 6th alone. I wouldn't do it. I think we will have a seriously quality player at 9.

Don't forget, who we select with 9 can be a piece of a trade later. There is nothing wrong with standing pat at 9 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad