2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Badly want into the top-4 next year. Byfield, Lundell, Lafrenire, Raymond.
I think that the Rangers are looking at top-10 with a chance to realistically be in that 5-7 range. Trading Kreider or Buch to create space will probably obtain another first rounder. That occurs, and it's the cherry on top to the rebuild. Oh, wait. Sorry. Build.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I think that the Rangers are looking at top-10 with a chance to realistically be in that 5-7 range. Trading Kreider or Buch to create space will probably obtain another first rounder. That occurs, and it's the cherry on top to the rebuild. Oh, wait. Sorry. Build.

well, not with Pana on board, i definitely feel we are no longer a bottom-4 finish, and we'd have to have more lotto luck coming out of the bottom 8-10 range again.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
well, not with Pana on board, i definitely feel we are no longer a bottom-4 finish, and we'd have to have more lotto luck coming out of the bottom 8-10 range again.
Panarin means little as currently constituted. It is an extreme long shot to believe that Kakko and Kravstov will top the production of Hayes and Zucc. We all hope that the other kids take steps forward and they should , but to expect ALL of them to take massive steps forward is also unrealistic. Then factor in the probable move of Krieder or Buch, the fact that Shattenkirk and Stall will still be manning two spots on D and another year of depreciation on Henke, and you do not really need luck to finish in the 8-10 range.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
With Kakko, Panarin, Trouba, I think that alone puts us closer to a top-10 than top-5.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That's fair. I said around 5-7 range. Going with presumption that the Rangers will not get so many looser points this time around.
Yeah. I guess, what I mean is that I think a pick in the 10-13 range is likely. I don't know that we will be a playoff team but I think we will most certainly be better than we were last year.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
So it sounds like you've largely conceded the "resume" part as it's pretty much objectively false that Lafreniere has a better resume.

I have no problem with you thinking Lafreniere is a better prospect. But it certainly isn't on something objective like a resume. The idea that Lafreniere has a better resume is just objectively false.

I think the entire idea of what constitutes a "better resume" is probably subjective from the start, but of course I only took it to mean "it was his opinion" when he said it.

Not sure how either of your opinions can be "objectively false."

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think the entire idea of what constitutes a "better resume" is probably subjective from the start, but of course I only took it to mean "it was his opinion" when he said it.

Not sure how either of your opinions can be "objectively false."

A resume is a resume. The only resume bit that could be not in the favor of Hughes are QMJHL stats from this past year. But with the similar ages of the two and the international results of both, I think it's a pretty objective statement that Hughes's resume is definitively better. Unless one is adding puffery to the other resume, that is.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I noticed that Oleg Zaitsev who I thought looked terrible but still appeared on several prospect ranking lists (one had him in the 2nd round) went undrafted. That kid has his work cut out for him this season.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I don’t really have all that much to say, I’ve only really watched some highlight videos, but what stands out to me from them is that he’s really really good at using other players as a screen when he shoots

Thanks...judging by the highlights, he looks elusive and handles the puck well. He seems to hide his shot well, also.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
And @Joey Bones and @Mac n Gs, I’m still waiting on my Cole Perfetti scouting report. @GeorgeKaplan and @Trxjw, you guys can chime in, too.

Perfetti has amazing hands and one-on-one skill. I agree with @GeorgeKaplan that he uses the defenders as a screen for a majority of his moves. Has very good vision and sees the ice well for a pass. Has a tremendous shot and is extremely dangerous with the puck on his stick. Can snipe like a pro!! Doesn't need to make a whole lot of space to be effective. I have him as a top 5 talent, right now and can challenge Lafreniere for No. 1.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Perfetti has amazing hands and one-on-one skill. I agree with @GeorgeKaplan that he uses the defenders as a screen for a majority of his moves. Has very good vision and sees the ice well for a pass. Has a tremendous shot and is extremely dangerous with the puck on his stick. Can snipe like a pro!! Doesn't need to make a whole lot of space to be effective. I have him as a top 5 talent, right now and can challenge Lafreniere for No. 1.

Thank you and dammit...he’s become my 2020 prospect that I’m keeping an eye on. Do you see him as a center or a wing?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
  1. Alexis Lafreniere
  2. Lucas Raymond
  3. Quinton Byfield
  4. Noel Gunler
  5. Cole Perfetti
  6. Anton Lundell
  7. Marco Rossi
  8. Jan Mysak
  9. Alexander Holtz
  10. Justin Barron
  11. Jeremie Poirier
  12. Hendrix Lapierre
  13. Dylan Holloway
  14. Jean-Luc Foudy
  15. Jamie Drysdale
  16. Theo Rochette
  17. Dawson Mercer
  18. Connor Zary
  19. Jacob Perreault
  20. Roni Hirvonen
  21. Mavrik Bourque
  22. Daniil Guschin
  23. Jaromir Pytlik
  24. Antonio Stranges
  25. Zion Nybeck
  26. Dylan Peterson
  27. Braden Schneider
  28. Ryder Rolston
  29. Kasper Simontaival
  30. Helge Grans
  31. Ty Smilanic
Here is my 2020 top 31. I haven’t seen some guys yet like Stutzle, Andrae, Guhle, and McLennon. I don’t usually rank goalies but Askarov would be top 10. Strong draft for the Q and Sweden. Weak year for the US

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
So, Cole Perfetti is now who I want in next year's draft...seems to be a player in the Matt Duchene mold.
Duchene is a much better skater though, Perfetti’s main weakness is his skating. Perfetti’s also more of a goal scorer

Reactions: Joey Bones

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
That's fair. I said around 5-7 range. Going with presumption that the Rangers will not get so many looser points this time around.

Everyone understand that this thinking is flawed right??? Lol

Just as we had few ROW we also had very few ROLs, like 22nd in the league. If anything the assumption close at hand is that we were better than our record show since we played many close games.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Nybeck, not Nyneck lol

And I agree, very intrigued by Nybeck, he looked great this year.

I thought it was more noteworthy that raymond and holtz are skipping the hlinka to play for the U20 team instead of U18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad