2020 Draft - 4th Pick: Maxim Berezkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

North

Jun 25, 2009
Saying that stats in the KHL don’t mean a lot and proving this with the current stats leader (a low scoring defenseman) is not ironic in any way.

No irony there.

Ugh. When is summer over?
You have misunderstood. As Tobias pointed out, he’s criticizing people for using stats as a reason for optimism while he himself is using stats to temper the optimism.

That’s textbook irony.

KickHimPedro

Dec 10, 2011
“4 points in 4 games isn’t impressive. Stats don’t mean anything in the KHL. 6 points for Gernat, now that’s impressive.”

^ irony

But that’s not what he said.

He said 4 points doesn’t mean anything. Putting up points doesn’t mean much in the KHL. For example, this low scoring player, Gernat, has 6 points in 4 games.

^ not ironic in any way. He’s using facts to support his case. There’s no irony there

• Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
images

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
“4 points in 4 games isn’t impressive. Stats don’t mean anything in the KHL. 6 points for Gernat, now that’s impressive.”

^ irony

But that’s not what he said.

He said 4 points doesn’t mean anything. Putting up points doesn’t mean much in the KHL. For example, this low scoring player, Gernat, has 6 points in 4 games.

^ not ironic in any way. He’s using facts to support his case. There’s no irony there
You tell yourself that.

Hes using statwatching to support his argument, while he asks people if they've actually watched the player.

Just because hes using facts to support his case, doesnt make it not ironic.

Last edited:

KickHimPedro

Dec 10, 2011
Except the example he’s using is Gernat, who people have seen play.

“Points don’t mean much. Even Gernat gets points”.

There’s no irony there.

OK, I’ll stop before people start thinking I’m that guys alt account.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Except the example he’s using is Gernat, who people have seen play.

“Points don’t mean much. Even Gernat gets points”.

There’s no irony there.

OK, I’ll stop before people start thinking I’m that guys alt account.
Oh, you think what Gernat has done in 5 games which is way above his pace any other year is relatable?

KickHimPedro

Dec 10, 2011
I don’t know if it’s relatable. Sounds like none of us do.

That’s the entire point he was making. “Don’t put too much hope in Berezkin’s point totals. Even Gernat is getting points. He’s way above his pace. They must be playing weak teams”

There’s nothing ironic about that statement. I can’t even see why someone would begin to think it was ironic. Other than “he’s talking about points” which is such a simple way to look at it and ignores what he’s actually saying.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I don’t know if it’s relatable. Sounds like none of us do.

That’s the entire point he was making. “Don’t put too much hope in Berezkin’s point totals. Even Gernat is getting points. He’s way above his pace. They must be playing weak teams”

There’s nothing ironic about that statement. I can’t even see why someone would begin to think it was ironic. Other than “he’s talking about points” which is such a simple way to look at it and ignores what he’s actually saying.
God man, it was because he said he knew about the quality of the KHL when he hasn't watched in years.

So touting your knowledge of a league based on viewings, when you no longer view the league...

Either way, like why are you defending this mook? Can you let it die already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad