2020 Draft - 4th Pick: Maxim Berezkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I was more referring to the last slo-mo part of the gif that showed the shot technique and release pretty well.

It is nice technique, you can see him driving through his legs and good weight transfer.

For whatever reason Russian players are predominately left shooting, him being a right shot from the off wing in that spot I imagine is fairly valuable with his team.

Any chance we see him on the national team at the WJC this year?

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
It is nice technique, you can see him driving through his legs and good weight transfer.

For whatever reason Russian players are predominately left shooting, him being a right shot from the off wing in that spot I imagine is fairly valuable with his team.

Any chance we see him on the national team at the WJC this year?

I think there's a chance, but he's far from being a lock for the roster, as the wing depth is solid and it doesn't help that currently he is the 13th forward on Lokomotiv's KHL roster without a lot of icetime.

Reactions: snipes

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With what little I've seen in highlight clips and such, I am going to say that he is my favorite prospect from this last draft outside of Holloway. Looking forward to seeing all of these guys play at some point. Lots of promising looking forwards from this draft.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
Or Mihknov. Hope he don’t need glasses.

From what I recall, I felt the same hype towards a similar player in Mihknov. I like this pick a lot from what I can see, but yeah he could be the next great Mihknov. Reminds me a bit of Nik Antropov (the guy on the Leafs/Jets a number of years ago). Hopefully his career looks more like Antropov's than Mihknov's. :)

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
From what I recall, I felt the same hype towards a similar player in Mihknov. I like this pick a lot from what I can see, but yeah he could be the next great Mihknov. Reminds me a bit of Nik Antropov (the guy on the Leafs/Jets a number of years ago). Hopefully his career looks more like Antropov's than Mihknov's. :)

pretty good risk to take with a later pick I guess. It’s not like they blew a 1st on him like they did with Tractor boy.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Mikhnov in hindsight had a youtube video of him blowing past defenders and dangling but he had no finish. It's obviously way too early to make a call on a prospect like this, but so far he looks like an intriguing prospect.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Still in MHL at 20 and just one assist in seven playoff games.

With the forward depth in the Edmonton system is there anything to suggest he can still earn a contract?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

With the forward depth in the Edmonton system is there anything to suggest he can still earn a contract?
Seems they are still pretty high on him. His PPG during regular season were best on his club I believe and he is getting the shot in the KHL this year.

Not sure why he feel apart come playoff time though

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

The kid has size and skill, I'm sure that he's still on our radar.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Do you think that he has a NHL future? Shouldn't he be pushing for a KHL spot at this point? He's always seemed to have a good combo of size and skill IMO.
I always liked him, but he basically spent two seasons as the 13th forward in the KHL with the corresponding icetime (or it's better to say no ice time I guess), now he is on the level where he should've been playing quite some time ago. As for the NHL future not easy to say now, if he will be very good on the VHL level then why not (although Lokomotiv's VHL affiliation is always a facepalm, but maybe). As for the size and skill he sure still got it, but the skating deficit is also still there.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Wonder what this means for the Oilers.

I feel like we keep drafting these guys who play in Russia and they rarely ever come over. (I have no problems with the Petrov, Samo ones who at least play in the NA and eventually play for Bakersfield).

Reactions: Oilhawks

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Another wasted draft pick. I complain about them always picking guys from Alberta but you can't really blame them with how often they get burnt by these Russian picks.

• Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad