Prospect Info: 2020 Draft #111 - Mitchell Miller (RHD) [Mod Warning post #312]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
This is brutal for you guys im sure. Forced to give up such important picks, and now left with no option but to throw out your highest pick or get slammed even harder.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It's pretty clear that the team has no integrity.

What has Miller done since they called his name on draft day to deserve this?

It's pathetic. Who's the child, here? The Coyotes are behaving like children. This is a childish response and unbelievably unscrupulous.

People talked a lot about Mitchell Miller only being sorry that he got caught. The Coyotes, here, have demonstrated one of the most glaring examples I can recall of only being sorry for getting caught.

I'm absolutely shocked by this.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
It's pretty clear that the team has no integrity.

What has Miller done since they called his name on draft day to deserve this?

It's pathetic. Who's the child, here? The Coyotes are behaving like children. This is a childish response and unbelievably unscrupulous.

People talked a lot about Mitchell Miller only being sorry that he got caught. The Coyotes, here, have demonstrated one of the most glaring examples I can recall of only being sorry for getting caught.

I'm absolutely shocked by this.
You shouldnt really be shocked. With the amount of outrage on social media it couldve actually had negative effects on the team. I dont agree with what happened but I understand an already struggling team not wanting to deal with any amount of possible financial backlash.

Reactions: Speedtrials

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Armstrong commented on the nature of this year's draft being a unique situation since he wasn't a part of it. And "We were going through a transition with our scouting department." Pffffft. The first part, I can see. It is odd, the GM not being a part of it.

But the second? Come on. What was the transition, from garbage scouts to scouts with morals? Just own it and say you shouldn't have drafted him, no matter who actually made the call. Without the backlash from the public, they wouldn't have denounced the pick.

Just a bad look all around. You literally could've drafted anyone from hundreds of options and it would've been a better pick and you'd have avoided all this. But no, they have to consistently make themselves look bad.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
My question is this: Are all of the people that were all pissed off at the Coyotes for drafting this kid now not going to be mad? Or are they just going to keep hating on the Coyotes anyway?

Ps this situation reminds me of Cartman getting a theme park in South Park. Kyle loses his faith that someone so awful could get something so great but at the end it's all taken away and Cartman is more miserable than he would have been.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Renouncing the pick only demonstrates that not only are you stupid, but you are also weak and exclusively self-serving in the extreme.

This franchise has been just a cascade of humiliation. Just an avalanche of embarrassment.

I honestly think this decision to renounce this pick is the most embarrassing thing that this franchise has ever done. And it's REALLY stiff competition. This is maybe the most embarrassing thing I can think of off the top of my head that any major pro sports franchise has ever done.

Complete lack of back-bone. Absolutely no principles. Zero integrity. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. I don't question the leadership ability of the men running this team. I question the manhood of the "men" running this team.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Remember for a few short moments when it was starting to look like the coyotes franchise could actually be good? They tease you - new, rich owner; new NHL approved GM and new scouting team and then BAM. They **** up some more.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
You shouldnt really be shocked. With the amount of outrage on social media it couldve actually had negative effects on the team. I dont agree with what happened but I understand an already struggling team not wanting to deal with any amount of possible financial backlash.

XG said this three days ago:

Coyotes president and CEO Xavier Gutierrez said the team did not run away from selecting Miller.

"Our fundamental mission is to ensure a safe environment -- whether in schools, in our community, in hockey rinks, or in the workplace -- to be free of bullying and racism. When we first learned of Mitchell's story, it would have been easy for us to dismiss him -- many teams did. Instead, we felt it was our responsibility to be a part of the solution in a real way -- not just saying and doing the right things ourselves but ensuring that others are too.

"Given our priorities on diversity and inclusion, we believe that we are in the best position to guide Mitchell into becoming a leader for this cause and preventing bullying and racism now and in the future. As an organization, we have made our expectations very clear to him. We are willing to work with Mitchell and put in the time, effort, and energy and provide him with the necessary resources and platform to confront bullying and racism. This isn't a story about excuses or justifications. It's a story about reflection, growth, and community impact. A true leader finds ways for every person to contribute to the solution. We all need to be a part of the solution."

Gutierrez is a member of the league's Executive Inclusion Council, which is charged with fighting racism and increasing diversity in hockey.

---

It's now abundantly clear that he meant absolutely none of it. Utterly empty words. That means this statement was a complete and total lie. Just damage control. And when it didn't have the desired result, they tucked tail and ran away. Absolutely pathetic.

They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt this week that they are liars and quitters. They used those words not long ago to describe someone else. Who knew how prophetic they'd end up being. The Meruelo group are liars and quitters.

I'm beyond disgusted by this.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Also - don't get this twisted. f*** Mitch Miller. I really don't care. He shouldn't have tortured a kid. Sometimes pay back is a bitch. I'm happy for JMC right now, honestly. She stood up and shot her shot. She had a chance to get some retribution for her son and she f***ing dunked on Miller. Good for her.

My outrage isn't about Miller. It's about this quote:

"Our fundamental mission is to ensure a safe environment -- whether in schools, in our community, in hockey rinks, or in the workplace -- to be free of bullying and racism. When we first learned of Mitchell's story, it would have been easy for us to dismiss him -- many teams did. Instead, we felt it was our responsibility to be a part of the solution in a real way -- not just saying and doing the right things ourselves but ensuring that others are too.

"Given our priorities on diversity and inclusion, we believe that we are in the best position to guide Mitchell into becoming a leader for this cause and preventing bullying and racism now and in the future. As an organization, we have made our expectations very clear to him. We are willing to work with Mitchell and put in the time, effort, and energy and provide him with the necessary resources and platform to confront bullying and racism. This isn't a story about excuses or justifications. It's a story about reflection, growth, and community impact. A true leader finds ways for every person to contribute to the solution. We all need to be a part of the solution."

---

Gutless f***ing pukes at the top. Gutless.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
My question is this: Are all of the people that were all pissed off at the Coyotes for drafting this kid now not going to be mad? Or are they just going to keep hating on the Coyotes anyway?

Ps this situation reminds me of Cartman getting a theme park in South Park. Kyle loses his faith that someone so awful could get something so great but at the end it's all taken away and Cartman is more miserable than he would have been.

I'm an outside fan, and I for one give them credit. Make no mistake, the best thing to do was not to draft him. However, the second-best thing they could've done was realize their mistake. That's actually the harder thing to do, because in a year with few picks already, it's an act with even greater consequences on the franchise's future.

Good on them for coming around, and hopefully Miller can realize one day that he has a lot to atone for.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

The stain won't go away overnight, but now they've done the minimum to resolve the situation. Hopefully the organization will take fundamental ethical questions more seriously in the future, that way they can earn the lost respect back.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

If...

75% of people were disgusted because the Coyotes drafted Miller, while 25% respected the notion that the team was willing to take the heat to work with a kid they believed in, and to do the hard work to truly stand up for their principals...

...then...

100% of people are now disgusted by the Coyotes actions. The 75% didn't move an inch and the 25% now sees them for the lying, self-serving, callous, opportunistic cowards that they really are.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Also - don't get this twisted. f*** Mitch Miller. I really don't care. He shouldn't have tortured a kid. Sometimes pay back is a bitch. I'm happy for JMC right now, honestly. She stood up and shot her shot. She had a chance to get some retribution for her son and she f***ing dunked on Miller. Good for her.

My outrage isn't about Miller. It's about this quote:

---

All of this looks really, really bad on the team.

"We are willing to work with Mitchell and put in the time, effort, and energy and provide him with the necessary resources and platform to confront bullying and racism."

Apparently the time they were willing to put in was, what, a week?

Very hard to cheer for this franchise.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The stain won't go away overnight, but now they've done the minimum to resolve the situation. Hopefully the organization will take fundamental ethical questions more seriously in the future, that way they can earn the lost respect back.
There's no coming back from this:

---

^ we now have incontrovertible proof that every word of the above is complete and total manipulative bullshit.

An hour ago I thought the team was stupid for drafting Miller. Now I'm certain that in addition to being stupid, they are cowards with absolutely no integrity whatsoever. f*** these guys.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Official Coyotes statement:

Coyotes Renounce Rights to Mitchell Miller

XAVIER GUTIERREZ: We have learned more about the entire matter, and more importantly, the impact it has had on Isaiah and the Meyer-Crothers family. What we learned does not align with the core values and vision for our organization and leads to our decision to renounce our draft rights.

Remember when I said earlier in the thread that I'd bet a box of donuts that the Coyotes hadn't done any diligence on this kid? I like Krispy Kremes. Glazed strawberry. Thanks.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen

---

Yes gutless. Also ignorant and incredibly stupid.

But they needed to do this. No choice. They put themselves in a no win situation by being a big pack of dummies. Not only by making the pick but then by compounding the problem by defending it.

I have little hope things are going to get better any time soon.

Go Pizza Macelli.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
What a weak and pathetic solution. Extraordinarily cowardly display. Zero backbone, and just no resolve, whatsoever.
^ so basically they're willing to be brave, fight the good fight, rescue and rehabilitate this boy, and be the change they want to see in society ... UNLESSSSSSSS ... people criticize them. If they're criticized, they'll immediately throw all of that out the window and capitulate.

This in SPADES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad