2020/21 Roster Thread XI: A Jambalaya of Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yea I really have no idea what Voracek would return. I don’t see why he’s worth less than Hall. He makes a lot but he obviously produces a lot. I’m not sure a team like the Kracken would want him either unless they are shaping up to be like the Knights which would be unknown until a few months in to the season. It would be tough to find a trading partner IMO.

These kinds of deals usually include an overpriced veteran coming back.

Whereas I wouldn't want to trade prospects/picks for an overpriced veteran D-man, obtaining one to make the money work in a Voracek/JVR trade makes sense, you're still clearing cap room and adding a player at a position of need.

Reactions: BernieParent

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yea I really have no idea what Voracek would return. I don’t see why he’s worth less than Hall. He makes a lot but he obviously produces a lot. I’m not sure a team like the Kracken would want him either unless they are shaping up to be like the Knights which would be unknown until a few months in to the season. It would be tough to find a trading partner IMO.
I can see several teams potentially interested in him. Minnesota, Dallas (if they make some moves), Columbus (would be funny), New Jersey (if they're desperate enough).

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Also, this is an important bit

6ec27fd1feef7ec9985f81c757536596.png

Hagg is that close to the bottom even though he was out with an injury. He's 182nd in TOI.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hagg had a horrid start to the season. Partially due to pairings, he should never be paired with Braun.

Since the COVID break, he's been paired with Ghost and Sanheim, both of whom have better numbers with Hagg than away from him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How many "pure" tough guys are left in the league?
They're more like Morin or Martin these days, guys who can play on the 3rd pair or the 4th line at a credible level.
So you might be able to slightly upgrade them, but lose that physical element in the lineup.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
In the playoffs Thompson averaged 11:13 at ES, Grant averaged 10:51, but Giroux, Voracek, Hayes, Konecny and Couturier all averaged 14+.

NHL Stats

20+ combined ES minutes where scoring was impossible due to those slugs in conjunction with a garbage system. 1/3 of the game. Two lines neutralized.

That's far too much exposure, and that's without getting into how often they were given poor deployments when the bench should have been short and at least one of them spectating until the end. There's a bit more to it than reading a box score.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
20+ combined ES minutes where scoring was impossible due to those slugs in conjunction with a garbage system. 1/3 of the game. Two lines neutralized.

That's far too much exposure, and that's without getting into how often they were given poor deployments when the bench should have been short and at least one of them spectating until the end. There's a bit more to it than reading a box score.

The bottom six of most teams play 15-20 minutes a night.
You don't want G playing 20+ minutes, Voracek never has done that (18 minutes is his high mark), same with Hayes, TK.
Couts is the only workhorse in that group. Though he was down from 22 minutes to 19 minutes in last year's playoffs.

The solution is get a better bottom six, not run your stars into the ice.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The bottom six of most teams play 15-20 minutes a night.
You don't want G playing 20+ minutes, Voracek never has done that (18 minutes is his high mark), same with Hayes, TK.
Couts is the only workhorse in that group. Though he was down from 22 minutes to 19 minutes in last year's playoffs.

The solution is get a better bottom six, not run your stars into the ice.

The bottom six ideally isn't thoroughly neutralized as a threat by low-quality and undynamic centers. We chose to make ours that way, and then deploy them as if they were normal.

Reactions: Striiker

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hagg had a horrid start to the season. Partially due to pairings, he should never be paired with Braun.

Since the COVID break, he's been paired with Ghost and Sanheim, both of whom have better numbers with Hagg than away from him.

Hogg-Braun pairing is more an affront to Braun than Hogg. But they both suck so it doesn’t really matter and neither should be on this team.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
if he doesn't get the C before the end of the season me and toucan are going to stop being fans !!!
hextalls gon and he aint coming back traitor went to the penguins because he knows he had it easy cause he left this team in shambles if you think hes coming back you bettter move on to a new team

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wilson is the reason you want to dress someone like Morin when you play the Caps.
Take a run at Giroux, you and me, right now.
Then get them both thrown out of the game the second time they fight.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Do people still think this even happens. Oh boy.

Saying that, Theres not a chance that players aren't looking over their shoulder when an asshole like Wilson is playing.

Wilson isn’t a 12th forward, though. He’s talking about a guy like Ryan Reaves who plays almost every game for Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad