2020/21 Roster Thread XI: A Jambalaya of Suffering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Do people still think this even happens. Oh boy.

Saying that, Theres not a chance that players aren't looking over their shoulder when an asshole like Wilson is playing.

Spezza is wrong at least when it comes to the Flyers. When the Flyers put an unskilled goon in the lineup he takes ice time away from guys like Giroux and Voracek.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Spezza is wrong at least when it comes to the Flyers. When the Flyers put an unskilled goon in the lineup he takes ice time away from guys like Giroux and Voracek.

Really? Like you've actually looked a PT when they put an unskilled goon in the lineup?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Are people suggesting we trade G and Couts? I guess so, but don’t really want to read that other thread. I would trade Voracek personally. From an asset management standpoint. It’s clear we aren’t winning a cup soon. With the flat cap, if you have that kind of money to spend you could get several good pieces like Florida did or the big fish in Hamilton.
Bingo. The real win in trading Voracek is getting the cap space. I don’t care what the player or DC return is. He’s going to be hard to move without taking back some garbage but hopefully as little as possible. It would be hard to swallow but Jake ($24,750) for Lucic ($10.5 in salary owed)might be the type of deal that would go down. Its ugly but saves money. It’s all about the cap space in order to shore up other assets.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Trading Voracek for cap space doesn't help us.

As I said yesterday, there's better ways to remove cap, without losing a guy we can't replace.

Raffl - $1.6m
Gus - $3m
Laughton - $2.3m
Braun - $1.8m
Hagg - $1.6m
Elliott - $1.5m

That's $11.8m right there.

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Did you watch the playoffs last year?

Show me the numbers. People who make claims without evidence should be ignored, whether it's the POTUS or someone on a message board.
It doesn't take a lot of work, identify "the unskilled goon," show which games he played, and the PT for Giroux and Voracek in those games v other games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Trading Voracek for cap space doesn't help us.

As I said yesterday, there's better ways to remove cap, without losing a guy we can't replace.

And what you said was nonsense.

Elliott is gone, but you have to pay for his replacement. Gus and Raffl are already gone, but if you dunp Hagg and Braun, you need to pay for their replacements. Dumping a $1.8M salary can save you at most $1M, and forces you to play even more inexperienced players - and some of them will perform like Vorobyev, Twarynski, Bunnaman, Friedman, etc. Negative WAR.

And for a major acquisition, because we have a lot of players to extend, you need to clear out more than one year of cap room.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Show me the numbers. People who make claims without evidence should be ignored, whether it's the POTUS or someone on a message board.
It doesn't take a lot of work, identify "the unskilled goon," show which games he played, and the PT for Giroux and Voracek in those games v other games.

I've shown you the numbers of Ghost being the best defensive defensemen by your own preferred statistics and you won't acknowledge that. So why should anyone feel even remotely compelled to show you evidence you're going to happily ignore?

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I've shown you the numbers of Ghost being the best defensive defensemen by your own preferred statistics and you won't acknowledge that. So why should anyone feel even remotely compelled to show you evidence you're going to happily ignore?

Exactly. But there are plenty of playoff games last season when G had 16 minutes while Thompson and Grant had 14 and 15 minutes. There was no reason for Thompson to even be on the team let alone playing more than 7-10 minutes in a playoff game. Not going to waste my time posting all the links to the game recaps but they are there for anyone with half a brain to look up

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Exactly. But there are plenty of playoff games last season when G had 16 minutes while Thompson and Grant had 14 and 15 minutes. There was no reason for Thompson to even be on the team let alone playing more than 7-10 minutes in a playoff game. Not going to waste my time posting all the links to the game recaps but they are there for anyone with half a brain to look up
Two different elimination games vs the Islanders in the playoffs last year

418e6e626f37fdb6a9993f75327cd0e7.png
04b5f5ef14cde111521b4c7bde956a0b.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He may not be a goon but he has zero skill and shouldn’t have been on any NHL team let alone a playoff team

That's what happens when you lack depth, Bunnaman and Frost weren't ready for prime time and there was little else ready in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad