Salary Cap: 2020-21 Lightning Roster Discussion | Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not a chance in h*ll you are signing Serge and Cirelli for 8.9M. Using Ottawa as comps: Chabot got 8M alone and he is not even close to Serge as a defender. White got 4.75M and he is not even close to Cirelli. You guys are sniffin da glue down there.
Do you realize that Serge could very well become da next NHL #1 D? He has a total complete game. All he needs is more reps.
and Cirelli is already a solid NHL 2nd line centre. A guy who should pick up 60 points per and be one of games best 2 way players.

And Cernak is one of those big tough D with hands and ok skating who gets 3.5M easy like a Chiarot.

Boys you need to think through your number crunching. Thank god you guys got a massive tax heaven in Florida with no state tax.

But even with that you are not going to fit all 3 guys even if all 3 take massive team deals.

that’s how Ottawa runs there team not tampa

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Good luck to you when Bruins poach Serge at 6-7M per for 3 years. and Wings take Cirelli at 5M per for 3 years. I think you will be left with Cernak though.
Lol, gl with that offer sheet way of thinking since there's been so many amirite? It's also clear you have no clue how Tampa gets things done with their rfas(hint, it's not the laughable bloated contracts like you spouted from Ottawa). Tampa will continue to bridge their players and keep a strong team going. 8.9 is likely enough to bridge Serg and Cirelli easily, all 3 will be tougher at that amount for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Lol, gl with that offer sheet way of thinking since there's been so many amirite? It's also clear you have no clue how Tampa gets things done with their rfas(hint, it's not the laughable bloated contracts like you spouted from Ottawa). Tampa will continue to bridge their players and keep a strong team going. 8.9 is likely enough to bridge Serg and Cirelli easily, all 3 will be tougher at that amount for sure.
I like the idea that someone can just offer sheet our guys without retribution.

If Detroit, who everyone says to be scared of, offer sheets one of our guys, well, I see 3 unsigned RFAs this year. Hronek comes up next year.

Just start throwing numbers out there to their agents. It doesn't matter if the deal falls through, the agent will use that as ammo against the other team.

If it's below $1.4 m AAV, there's no draft pick compensation. Good luck developing depth from within.

Yzerman also started the contract bridging, why would he deviate from his own plans for Detroit?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you, you're very kind. Many teams will "steal" our players...also Turin hockey club will sign Kucherov and Frolunda will sign Hedman. You're very kind to let us keep at least Cernak.

Ah, PS:

we have also another thing...imagine what I'm talking about...
CONGRATS ON DA CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You had to win it and you deserved to win it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next season won't be so kind. Steve Y has a heart on for Cirelli as do most Toronto hockey guys. We also knew Serge was going to be elite when we saw him on Spits. Heh put your best foot forward to sign these guys. If you make the right offers then of course they will stay. But if you low ball them for hometown discounts then these 2 guys have many many many options and they have their Cup too. Best of luck! Your GM knows he is UP AGAINST it. Honestly you are best doing a trade with wings for Cirelli for a couple 1st round picks.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This reminds me of the Stamkos to Toronto days. Good times.
Stammer whether you guys even know never played in G when he was offered his Marlies spot. He stayed with coach Titanic up in Markham. Also his wife did not want to live up in Toronto. Good luck with that diva and da divas mom. Da looks will go away soon. Anywho stay with your narrative. It is da public one but it is so far from da truth.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The longer this drags the more cooperative TJ is going to become. He will waive to a team who will take him (maybe with like a million retained) and a sweetener to ensure either A they do send him home back to the Northwest or B they don't. We're gonna look out for him. And I think wr do arrange a deal for Paquette as well thus allowing Stephens to step into 4C

Trust the burning dog. This is fine

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Stammer whether you guys even know never played in G when he was offered his Marlies spot. He stayed with coach Titanic up in Markham. Also his wife did not want to live up in Toronto. Good luck with that diva and da divas mom. Da looks will go away soon. Anywho stay with your narrative. It is da public one but it is so far from da truth.

Doubling down and insulting his wife. Classy. You are trash.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Da truth hurts ... see ya

Good luck trying to present an image opposite what these Tampa folks think is going to happen. While Tampa does offer nice incentives to accept a lesser contract, sooner or later, one of these agents are going to convince these RFAs that accepting a deal to get a lot of cash now is going to be a far better career guarantee than taking a chance on getting injured during a "bridge" deal and losing out.
On the plus side, should anything near your proposal happen, Tampa would still have the core players they so deeply love, could use the contract space to add "character" and "role" players to supplement those core players, and would be able to use the draft choices to rebuild the once deep farm system.
That being typed, the Tampa management has pulled off so many "how did they do that" deals with RFAs in the recent past, there is no telling just what is going to happen.
Looks like I am once again in the minority here but TYVM for your input. Reading them, and the replies, has brought a smile to this otherwise rainy CNY day.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Good luck trying to present an image opposite what these Tampa folks think is going to happen. While Tampa does offer nice incentives to accept a lesser contract, sooner or later, one of these agents are going to convince these RFAs that accepting a deal to get a lot of cash now is going to be a far better career guarantee than taking a chance on getting injured during a "bridge" deal and losing out.
On the plus side, should anything near your proposal happen, Tampa would still have the core players they so deeply love, could use the contract space to add "character" and "role" players to supplement those core players, and would be able to use the draft choices to rebuild the once deep farm system.
That being typed, the Tampa management has pulled off so many "how did they do that" deals with RFAs in the recent past, there is no telling just what is going to happen.
Looks like I am once again in the minority here but TYVM for your input. Reading them, and the replies, has brought a smile to this otherwise rainy CNY day.
Tampa will still be da team to beat no doubt Hedman is NHL's best today and has been for a couple years now ... he still has another few good years left ... a da trade of Drouin for Serge OMG da greatest rip off in last 10 years ... only dumb dumb worse trading Raycroft for Rask ... OMG i gotta run ... hail marys are amazing but they happen very very few times ... but this time you got Jacobs who is gonna make it real hard on you guys ... I don't like him running league (massive conflict of interest) but he will make it expensive to sign Serge

Reactions: Crunchrulz

Mar 20, 2010
Detroit pxp Ken Daniels was on Hockey Central at Noon. He still thinks Detroit will take on a contract from TB.

It makes sense from DET's perspective but what player is going to waive their NTC to join a team with no interest in winning right now?

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Considering what happened 2 months ago, I want to ask you, kindly, to play some respect to the Stamkos family.
I'm asking you that kindly.
If I read another message like this one, I won't be so kind.

About our roster, don't worry: in the worst scenario, we will lose Cirelli. He's an important guy, but we won the Cup playing without our second line...so...I trust JFBB. I'm sorry in Canada there're guys like Dubas and Bergevin and I know the history of the Maple Leafs deserves better GMs...but that's how life goes on...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Considering what happened 2 months ago, I want to ask you, kindly, to play some respect to the Stamkos family.
I'm asking you that kindly.
If I read another message like this one, I won't be so kind.

About our roster, don't worry: in the worst scenario, we will lose Cirelli. He's an important guy, but we won the Cup playing without our second line...so...I trust JFBB. I'm sorry in Canada there're guys like Dubas and Bergevin and I know the history of the Maple Leafs deserves better GMs...but that's how life goes on...
Steven was only a kid when I last saw him but I know his dad Chris. We had a beer or two a couple summers back pre-COVID. My older kid played on spring teams years ago. What happened to Stammer? I only tease about bringing him to Marlies. Yes we wanted him to switch over to us and his best friend Mikey too. They were a great opponent always fun to play in finals of tournaments.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
It makes sense from DET's perspective but what player is going to waive their NTC to join a team with no interest in winning right now?

Odds are there are a few players who have a stronger loyalty to SFY than JBB, especially now that they have won a Cup. Tampa has become a good hockey community, but it has no where near the hockey tradition that Detroit has. If a younger player can get to Detroit now, when they are a serious contender in a few years, those younger players have become the cornerstones and faces of the resurgence of the franchise. In a hockey rich environment like Detroit, that is "Rock Star" status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad