2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Vegas reminds me of our 2006 team. A rag tag group of misfit castoffs but still somehow a surprisingly deep forward group mixed in with some elite talent, and solid but unremarkable d-corps.

I would say last year's Vegas team was more like our 2006 team. This year the guys that were considered the "castoffs" like Smith, Schmidt, McNabb, Bellemare etc. have proven to be good players in Gallant's system.

Reactions: Identity404

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I would say last year's Vegas team was more like our 2006 team. This year the guys that were considered the "castoffs" like Smith, Schmidt, McNabb, Bellemare etc. have proven to be good players in Gallant's system.
You're probably right but you can make a case for both the teams. They weren't and aren't exactly similar, it's just the team structures have a lot of similarities.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

DVx_J13VwAA4Fjd.jpg

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
So, let me get this straight. San Jose got jobbed on an obvious call that didn't go their way (Eakin's goal making it 2-0 was a clear-cut high stick), but their coach took it in stride and their captain didn't come unhinged, start swinging at anything that moved, and get kicked out of the game?

And eventually, things turned around for them? That's not how it's supposed to work, is it Mr. Rierden? Mr. Ovechkin?

And Vegas and their coach didn't come unglued after a bad call led to a four-goal, five-minute major penalty? Hmmm. That's the weirdest part about this game. I thought you were required to go batsh!t crazy when you don't get a call. Or maybe I've just been watching the Capitals too much.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
So, let me get this straight. San Jose got jobbed on an obvious call that didn't go their way (Eakin's goal making it 2-0 was a clear-cut high stick), but their coach took it in stride and their captain didn't come unhinged, start swinging at anything that moved, and get kicked out of the game.

And eventually, things turned around for them? That's not how it's supposed to work, is it Mr. Rierden? Mr. Ovechkin?

And Vegas and their coach didn't come unglued after a bad call led to a four-goal, five-minute major penalty? Hmmm. That's the weirdest part about this game. I thought you were required to go batsh!t crazy when you don't get a call. Or maybe I've just been watching the Capitals too much.

I feel like Gallant's "calm" had more to do with Pavelski being out on the ice and not wanting to look like an ass, but yeah, it was nice to see a coach calmly dispute a huge penalty call.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
He's selling the drama/excitement so well and Ferraro is playing off him well. IMO he's every bit as good, and possibly even better, than Emrick.

They are my favorite pair in the league, this is exactly what they were like together on TSN before losing the contract. Or doing big World Junior games. As much as I love Forslund, when it comes to games like this Miller is #1.

Reactions: Identity404
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad