OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Wetcoaster was definitely one of the most interesting posters we ever had. His legal mind and recall of details and stories was unmatched. NFITO was another guy who mixed detailed breakdowns with his enormous passion as a fan.

Speaking of stories, Timmy - Timmy had the best stories.

Ahh NFITO is a name I haven't heard of in a loooong time. I miss that guy and his epic multi paragraph posts.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Do any of you remember the massive essay wetcoaster wrote on Burke? I had it bookmarked on my old computer but I think it died with the old forum. Wetcoaster tore him to pieces and as someone who never liked Burke it was probably my favourite post ever.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
One of the issues the posters had was the amount of trolls that have shown up here. The quality of discussion has gone down hill, there have always been disagreements on the team here and some fierce ones (Resign the twins vs gaborik/cammerallei) but both sides could at least present proper arguements other than it doesn’t matter right now (cap space) or less draft picks means more time to scout players.

I feel once the trolls leave when the level of play on the team increases we could see them return. Or at least I hope so.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Do any of you remember the massive essay wetcoaster wrote on Burke? I had it bookmarked on my old computer but I think it died with the old forum. Wetcoaster tore him to pieces and as someone who never liked Burke it was probably my favourite post ever.

Which one? Wetcoaster had several long, painfully researched posts he could slap down at the drop of a hat about both Burke and Quinn. Their handling of Krutov in particular was something he had a field day with on multiple occasions.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Which one? Wetcoaster had several long, painfully researched posts he could slap down at the drop of a hat about both Burke and Quinn. Their handling of Krutov in particular was something he had a field day with on multiple occasions.

I think he had one where he combined literally everything into a long timeline that covered Burke's entire tenure with the Canucks. Krutov had a big section for sure.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Ok, I'm kind of old but I don't remember if wetcoaster blew a gasket during the whole Peter Zezel's niece fiasco.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
A poster I liked was Tom Benjamin. We had some very heated discussions... but the discussions were intellectually honest. It took a long time, but he changed my mind on owners vs. players re: salary cap back in the day.

Reactions: RobsonStreet

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m pretty sure he was a player agent. He definitely had an extensive legal background.

I don’t believe he was a player agent himself, but I think he definitely knew some prominent ones professionally and personally, which gave him a lot of interesting insight.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I’m amazed Wetcoaster is remembered here so fondly. He occasionally made useful contributions on legal stuff but the guy was a blowhard asshat with horrible hockey takes (he was still making fun of Kesler’s shot when he scored 40 goals) who was constantly spamming threads with the same couple cut/paste essays every time one of his trigger topics was mentioned, in particular Pat Quinn who he had a bizarre vendetta against.

Always wondered if he was Ron Perrick.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I’m amazed Wetcoaster is remembered here so fondly. He occasionally made useful contributions on legal stuff but the guy was a blowhard asshat with horrible hockey takes (he was still making fun of Kesler’s shot when he scored 40 goals) who was constantly spamming threads with the same couple cut/paste essays every time one of his trigger topics was mentioned, in particular Pat Quinn who he had a bizarre vendetta against.

Well I think it’s also in comparison to some of the posters that have joined here recently that provide no useful discussion but are blowhards, we have lost some good posters and have seen an influx of stupid ones. I fear what the future holds if botch posted a link to these boards when discussing tanevs value.

If we are remembering fondly can we remember the old ski resort under the sea thread. I’d give anything to read that one again

Reactions: PM

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

I consider myself as a poor man’s wetcoaster.

Reactions: PM and Nomobo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad