Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Well lets get real with our players Larkin home grown kid should be a good #2 c, Mantha is what he is at this point on a good team hes a #3, Ras has shown nothing other than hes good at falling down, Zadina is well we just don't know yet. Lil Bert has impressed and should be a good#2 wing, The rest are just filler and not even worth talking about. Cholo looks to be a good #2 on the back end, Hor should be a good #3 &PP guy, Sue #3 or 4 the rest are filler. We need players all over the ice.

Mantha's a #3 what? A 3rd liner? He's a 2nd line W as of last year & should only improve as the team improves. He'll be a consistent 50-60pt. winger, with maybe a few 60-65+pt. seasons in his peak. The talent/size/speed is even there to be a 70pt. guy for 1-3 seasons.

Too soon to call Cholo & Hronek anything more than solid future 2nd pairing guys. Sulak probably tops as #4. Larkin's already a pretty good #2C, only getting better with age & team progression.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I'd be super happy with one of Hughes or Cozens. Hopefully management feels the same as I think we should have a shot at at least one of them.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think these days it's more weight than height, or a combination of the two. Like Pettersson has an uncertain future at center, and he's 6'2, and it's because he's a string bean with little physical element to him. And on the other hand if you've got a guy like Jake Wise, it's conceivable because he's a wide, strong kid even though he's only 5'10.

Hughes is an iffy center because not only is he short, but he's also really light. Center these days is pretty physically demanding. Maybe he can improve, but he's got a lot of improvement ahead of him to even be NHL average.
That's my biggest fear of drafting a lightweight midget, albeit with all-World hockey skills. Same reason I'm glad Zadina fell to us, otherwise we may have picked Hughes, though iirc Draper said Bouchard & Dobson were next on their list. Though Jack will find NHL success, jury is still out on whether that's a #1 or #2 C, given his size & strength. I think 185 lbs. (regardless of height) is a decent enough weight, any lighter & they'll get tossed around a la Hicketts (5'8"/180lbs.), especially in the playoffs & down the stretch. I've seen Jack Hughes listed at 154lbs. recently, yikes. Weight is more important than height, but 5'10" is good enough with his skills.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
That's my biggest fear of drafting a lightweight midget, albeit with all-World hockey skills. Same reason I'm glad Zadina fell to us, otherwise we may have picked Hughes, though iirc Draper said Bouchard & Dobson were next on their list. Though Jack will find NHL success, jury is still out on whether that's a #1 or #2 C, given his size & strength. I think 185 lbs. (regardless of height) is a decent enough weight, any lighter & they'll get tossed around a la Hicketts (5'8"/180lbs.), especially in the playoffs & down the stretch. I've seen Jack Hughes listed at 154lbs. recently, yikes. Weight is more important than height, but 5'10" is good enough with his skills.

Basically every living scout on this planet says Hughes will be an elite-level NHL player. Not sure why anyone is hung up on his size. I'll take Hughes over Mantha right now, and Mantha has basically every attribute to be a dominate NHL player.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Basically every living scout on this planet says Hughes will be an elite-level NHL player. Not sure why anyone is hung up on his size. I'll take Hughes over Mantha right now, and Mantha has basically every attribute to be a dominate NHL player.

yeah it's kinda silly

even if he ultimately doesn't end up sticking at Center so what? he'll still be a Patrick Kane type

would people really be worried about Larkin at 1C if he had Kane on his wing?

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Mantha's a #3 what? A 3rd liner? He's a 2nd line W as of last year & should only improve as the team improves. He'll be a consistent 50-60pt. winger, with maybe a few 60-65+pt. seasons in his peak. The talent/size/speed is even there to be a 70pt. guy for 1-3 seasons.

Too soon to call Cholo & Hronek anything more than solid future 2nd pairing guys. Sulak probably tops as #4. Larkin's already a pretty good #2C, only getting better with age & team progression.
Yes a 3 rd liner on A GOOD TEAM NOT this team sorry. Sorry he has proven time and time again he sorta likes to play hockey when he feel's like it. And what is this team progression you speak of? It's not happening, right now its team hold the line. Till Stevie comes home and Blash is gone we go no where.

Reactions: hkydave04

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I think Larkin can become a #1 center, and that's being realistic. He had a 60 point season where most of the points were assists, so he wasn't just being fed by Zetterberg, and he had a low shooting percentage which is bound to correct itself. I think if he had better wingers he could have an 80 point season. Call me a homer but Larkin is legit.
No that's my point we don't have the players to put around him right now. He is by far our best player.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I'd rather not scoop up any Kakka, tbh. This name has great typo potential.

On a serious note, he's unreal and being a winger is probably the only thing that might hold him back in the draft.

Imagine a Kakko-Rasmussen-Zadina 1st line... Would be filthy.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Ras seemed like the biggest question mark draftee in the first round and the one guy I didn’t want.

I really think he’s gonna be a bust.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
yeah it's kinda silly

even if he ultimately doesn't end up sticking at Center so what? he'll still be a Patrick Kane type

would people really be worried about Larkin at 1C if he had Kane on his wing?

Yeah. Center has to be a playmaker in a winning team! (usual message board opinion)

oh wait ... and then there was Chicago Blackhawks... with their 3 Cups.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
If this trend (high GA, low GF) continues, What do you guys think the likelihood is if we finish with a top 3 pick, we take a defenseman instead of the best player available (which would be a forward).

Asking now so I don’t potentially freak the hell out later.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If this trend (high GA, low GF) continues, What do you guys think the likelihood is if we finish with a top 3 pick, we take a defenseman instead of the best player available (which would be a forward).

Asking now so I don’t potentially freak the hell out later.

Draft the BPA (center) and trade some winger like Mantha(+extras) for a defenceman at age range of ~24-26.

That's the way to go.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Here is this year’s Swedish defenseman with crazy puck skills...

I think fans and gm/scout/coach types will have totally different reactions to that lol. High skill and even higher risk, I love it.

Broberg really caught my eye for the D prospects.

braddog

Apr 1, 2018
Screenshot_2018-10-17-02-01-13.png

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really impressed with the 3 kids from the W (Cozens, Dach, Byram)

Leaning towards those guys if we don’t hit the jackpot and get Hughes. I think both Cozens and Dach have 1C potential. And I think Byram is really really good, and just gets lost in the shuffle a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: wingerdinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad