Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Howdy All! I've been lurking here for a little bit and figured with the draft and free agency coming up it was time to finally sign up for an account.

While I agree that Mark Lazerus is a hack who doesn't know hockey (and what's worse is he doesn't even try to improve his knowledge), that Pavelski rumor is an interesting one. I'm pretty wary when it comes to free agency because you rarely get good deals, but Pavelski is one of those players I wouldn't mind signing to a 7 million-ish 3-year contract despite his age because he's been consistently great throughout his career.

Of course that's contingent on him walking away from San Jose, but if he's available I would go after him hard. I think Pavelski on a short term deal is a better contract than Panarin/Duchene long term or any of the mid-tier free agents on a 4-6 year contract.
welcome lurker...

I think we would all jump up and down to get Joe Pa...he is exactly what this team and hell every team needs..he leads by example and is a warrior. I don't know what SJ has to do to keep him, but I can't see it...

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Pavs will play center when needed - more on the wing obviously, but he still does play center at times..

Yep. I think Sharks put him at wing to hide his skating, but he still takes alot of faceoffs and has very good numbers at the dot (which we could surely need). He also brings the grit.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Cagguila-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Sikura
Saad-Pavelski-Kubalik
Perlini-Kampf-Hayden
Wedin

Keith-Gus
Maatta-Murphy
Jokiharju-Seabrook
Koekkoek-Dahlstrom

is pavs playing more rw then center right now?

That 3rd line is killer. Drop Hayden. When Turcotte joins the team, put him at 3C and Pavelski with Toews.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
he doesnt like his opinions and laz comes off as a self rightous ass but i dont know if he would make up information/sources.

Laz doesn't have "sources". He's literally never been right about anything Hawks except a single pick that he "guessed" on, from what I remember. He doesn't know the sport. He's a hack. He's terrible. He has some of the worst ideas and opinions regarding hockey that I've ever seen. He makes no attempt at learning the game, he just spews forth stupidity. I'm blown away that he is still with The Athletic. And it truly does make me question my subscription, also.

Reactions: Illinihockey

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
twitter search sources and Laz shows he has a few things

Sharp coming back and signing for 1 million
Leddy trade
Sharp to Dallas
Kruger to Vegas stuff
Hawks interest in Vermette before deadline
Scuderi Trade

few more...Dont know how early he had these compared to others but still there.

Last edited:

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
#1 - just sign Thomas Vanek from here
#2 - trade for Ryan Murray, sign Ryan Dzingel
#3 - trade Saad for Trouba, sign Pavelski, sign Val Filppula
#4 - just add young guys and hope it works

From Laz's article

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
#1 - just sign Thomas Vanek from here
#2 - trade for Ryan Murray, sign Ryan Dzingel
#3 - trade Saad for Trouba, sign Pavelski, sign Val Filppula
#4 - just add young guys and hope it works

From Laz's article

So what you're saying(since I refuse to read Laz's articles)... is that he just read HF over the past couple months, and stole everyone's ideas on here, and either just blatantly posted exactly what they are, or mashed them together to make them his own. :laugh:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Now with Maatta's money addaded, what's the contract you'd be comfortable signing Pavelski for?

I'd love a 5M contract, then he could just take AA's money slot if we find a trade for him.

Anymore and I think is going to be difficult cap vise.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
I gotta hear this...

Why would pavs leave San Jose for Chicago?

If he even considered leaving it would be to join a cup contender so I gotta hear why anyone thinks the hawks could ever be in on him?

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I gotta hear this...

If he even considered leaving it would be to join a cup contender so I gotta hear why anyone thinks the hawks could ever be in on him?
SJ likely doesn't have the cap space for him now with EK signed.

He's from Wisconsin, which isn't too terribly far from Chicago, and he's decent friends with Kane and Burish.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I gotta hear this...

Pavs may be shipped because of this contract to EK and them prioritizing Meier and Leblanc and others.

Relationship with Kane, propensity to win, team set up to make playoffs currently without him, getting what should be a high level new player at #3, Chicago isn’t an awful city, Chicago has room for him both financially and on their roster, etc.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I gotta hear this...

because we pay in American dollars?? not many other top teams can afford him either..

Pavs and Kane are tight, plus he has mutual respect for Toews and Keith. we might not be his #1 destination, but there is a lot to like here for a guy like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad