Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
not a chance can he step in and do what Gus has done right away - Boqvist has a ways to go to get there, and yes I agree ONE DAY he can do it, I am talking right out the gate you just don't put that level of pressure on him. Boqvist right now has zero chance at a roster spot this year and I don't like that as I want to see him up here playing NHL games this coming year. He likely gets that nod 20-21 or at least end of this year - I just don't think the Hawks let Gus go and bank on Boqvist to fill that void right away..that just would be bad IMO.
Just to say it yet again, not one of the young Hawks dmen should play in the NHL this year if he hasn’t yet played, given the upcoming expansion draft. Same could be said for Kursahev and the other young forwards.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just to say it yet again, not one of the young Hawks dmen should play in the NHL this year if he hasn’t yet played, given the upcoming expansion draft. Same could be said for Kursahev and the other young forwards.
expansion draft has no bearing on players playing this season - it was last season that included them not this year..players playing this season will be under the 3 year experience needed to be selected.

All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
expansion draft has no bearing on players playing this season - it was last season that included them not this year..players playing this season will be under the 3 year experience needed to be selected.

All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.
If that’s the case, then ok. I’m all for best players on the team, if it’s best for their development.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Maybe Stan will shock us all and move 1 of Duncs or Seabs. I know the NTC and contracts are prohibitive but if he really wants to makechanges we all know 1 of them needs to go badly. With Tallon and now Q down in Florida it wouldnt shock me to see one of them moved to Panthers..Keith would be easier of the 2 to move but maybe prospects or picks could be tied to get Q his man crush Seabs down to Florida to finish his career

I would retain 20 percent of Seabs contract over the next 5 years, pay his bonus July 1st and take back Reimer to move Seabs to South Florida. Great Blackhawk, but that contract hurts

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Relevant to the Gus extension when I said no way Gus is signing a 2 or 3 year deal for 4-5 mil a year

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
From the new Lazerus article in The Athletic:

I’ve heard from a couple of league sources that Pavelski is intrigued by the idea of coming to Chicago should he leave San Jose (a big if, to be sure), and he’d be a great short-term fit in the top six. He can be Jonathan Toews’ right wing, and he can still step in at center when needed. Sure, he’s turning 35 next month. He also just scored 38 goals. There’s plenty of life left in Captain America.

Can SJ afford Pavelski after they sign Karlsson?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I’ve heard from a couple of league sources that Pavelski is intrigued by the idea of coming to Chicago should he leave San Jose (a big if, to be sure), and he’d be a great short-term fit in the top six. He can be Jonathan Toews’ right wing, and he can still step in at center when needed. Sure, he’s turning 35 next month. He also just scored 38 goals. There’s plenty of life left in Captain America.

I'd take everything Laz says with a grain of salt.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'd take everything Laz says with a grain of salt.

Pavelski and Kane are friends so maybe there's something to it. I'm sure Burish has talked highly of the org as well. I could see them exploring it as Pavelski will probably want a shorter term deal. Move out Anisimov and sign Pavs.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'd love Pavs as we've kinda gone over this. He would immediately be the missing RH centermen we need. I'd put him on the 3rd line with Saad and put a playmaker on the other wing with him and never look back.

SJ poster on mainboard thread said Pavs very likely hits market after EK extension

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

They should be able to bring back Pavelski and Thornton if he takes big cut in pay if they want

It would seem that its unlikely they bring back Nyquist (UFA) as fitting him + Pavelski + Thornton would require some moving of cap out

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
They should be able to bring back Pavelski and Thornton if he takes big cut in pay if they want

It would seem that its unlikely they bring back Nyquist (UFA) as fitting him + Pavelski + Thornton would require some moving of cap out
they can't afford Pavelski - there is the other guy about to get paid, Timo Meier - unless we offer sheet to get him Sharks have no chance to keep Jumbo and Pavs..and Labanc needs to get paid too lol...

AgentMacklin

Jun 17, 2019
Howdy All! I've been lurking here for a little bit and figured with the draft and free agency coming up it was time to finally sign up for an account.

While I agree that Mark Lazerus is a hack who doesn't know hockey (and what's worse is he doesn't even try to improve his knowledge), that Pavelski rumor is an interesting one. I'm pretty wary when it comes to free agency because you rarely get good deals, but Pavelski is one of those players I wouldn't mind signing to a 7 million-ish 3-year contract despite his age because he's been consistently great throughout his career.

Of course that's contingent on him walking away from San Jose, but if he's available I would go after him hard. I think Pavelski on a short term deal is a better contract than Panarin/Duchene long term or any of the mid-tier free agents on a 4-6 year contract.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Cagguila-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Sikura
Saad-Pavelski-Kubalik
Perlini-Kampf-Hayden
Wedin

Keith-Gus
Maatta-Murphy
Jokiharju-Seabrook
Koekkoek-Dahlstrom

is pavs playing more rw then center right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad