NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Who'd had thought we'd see the potential for both OBJ and Gronk to be traded this off season. While I think Gronk stays a Patriot, OBJ's probably as good as gone.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Who the hell is trading anything of substance for a guy who's often injured and is seriously contemplating retirement? Very good player, but I'm not investing much in his future.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Who the hell is trading anything of substance for a guy who's often injured and is seriously contemplating retirement? Very good player, but I'm not investing much in his future.

True, though I think the retirement stuff is more of a ploy for leverage, but both guys have some question marks and baggage with them so why not make a swap? Neither team is gonna get fair value for either player in a trade so its worth the risk if you ask me.

With that said, I give this less than a 5% chance of happening maybe less.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
True, though I think the retirement stuff is more of a ploy for leverage, but both guys have some question marks and baggage with them so why not make a swap? Neither team is gonna get fair value for either player in a trade so its worth the risk if you ask me.

With that said, I give this less than a 5% chance of happening maybe less.

Because the Giants already have a good TE at a discounted price. It would be a stupid move.

Feb 24, 2017
Well, add Thomas Davis to the list of caught red handed cheaters.

PED 4 gamer and he ain’t even gonna fight it.

Good for him.

Taking your lumps is the first step in us forgiving his dirty transgressions.

It’s easier to understand now the dirty plays from last year.

Textbook roid rage.

Reactions: Voight

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ Trash post by a trash poster validating my decision to keep him on my ignore list.

Bad look for TD but it could mean that maybe this isn't his last year.

What a nightmare offseason.

Feb 24, 2017
^ Trash post by a trash poster validating my decision to keep him on my ignore list.

Bad look for TD but it could mean that maybe this isn't his last year.

What a nightmare offseason.
Trash post from trash poster who only bows to bwc in his look at my team look at my team stuff.

Reactions: Voight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Davis probably got popped because he's old. Wouldn't be surprised if the PED he took was related to recovery/maintenance given he's had a rough go with injuries. Harder to keep the house from crumbling when the foundation is old.

Doesn't make it right obviously, but it's understandable why an older player would do this.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Davis probably got popped because he's old. Wouldn't be surprised if the PED he took was related to recovery/maintenance given he's had a rough go with injuries. Harder to keep the house from crumbling when the foundation is old.

Doesn't make it right obviously, but it's understandable why an older player would do this.

Yeah, I think that's exactly what it is. Similar to how Charles Johnson got busted at the end of last year. They push themselves to recover from these injuries and they just can't do it like they used to. I'd bet Davis cut a lot of corners to play in the SB two weeks after breaking his forearm. Dude is as tough as they come, but the human body does have a limit.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Its like Ray Lewis and his deer antler spray before the Ravens last SB run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad