NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Gordon isn’t? What’s 3 good WRs worth when you don’t even have a QB?

And no, I don’t expect Darnold to come in and fix everything.

Not on the level of Beckham. And, I mean, they're getting a QB in the draft so I don't see how that's relevant.

That's steep, but I'm sure the Giants would bite on 4 and 34 since it's close enough to two firsts. I don't think the 5th year option would be a deal breaker.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I just think they are better off with a Garrett/Chubb duo. Gordon, Landry, Njoku and Coleman should be sufficient for Darnold. They have to get to those AFC North QBs and force mistakes to win. They won’t outscore them in a throwing contest.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I just think they are better off with a Garrett/Chubb duo. Gordon, Landry, Njoku and Coleman should be sufficient for Darnold. They have to get to those AFC North QBs and force mistakes to win. They won’t outscore them in a throwing contest.

There's a nonzero chance that Chubb isn't there at 4, and with Beckham they definitely could outscore a bunch of teams in a throwing contest.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That's steep, but I'm sure the Giants would bite on 4 and 34 since it's close enough to two firsts. I don't think the 5th year option would be a deal breaker.

Schefter says he believes in the end it'll be a 1st and a 3rd/4th depending on how much interest there is. Around the 2:15 mark.....

Reactions: What the Faulk

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not on the level of Beckham. And, I mean, they're getting a QB in the draft so I don't see how that's relevant.

That’s not a price I think the browns should pay. If you are developing a young QB, build up the OL and replace Joe Thomas. Weapons you can add and integrate later.

But if the browns want OBJ, then trade down from #4 to get more picks and use some of those extra picks to get him instead. Because I don’t see a team offering a top 1/3 of the first round pick for him. Maybe SF, but if I can get a deal done wiTh buffalo for heir two first and another pick, and I use one of those and a second to get OBJ and still have picks left.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I wouldn't expect him to say any different. You always support your guy and he might not even be wrong.

Two of the best offensive minds in the NFL are Shanahan and McVay and they both love Cousins so that makes me feel a lot better about the signing. Cousins won't have either one of them with the Vikings but DeFilippo seems like a pretty damn good alternative.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Beckham reportedly told two anonymous Rams players that he "wants in."

He's gone at the draft, and may god help McVay if the slightest blurb of discontent shows up in that room.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kroenke isn't one to really get involved but I wonder if he's making an exception with the Rams because of the market and new $5B stadium.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

He's gone at the draft, and may god help McVay if the slightest blurb of discontent shows up in that room.

The Rams have picks #23 and #87, which fit into the 1st and 3rd criteria. Contract might be the stumbling block. OBJ, looking at what $18-$20 million? Donald deserves to be the highest paid Defensive player in the game. OBJ should aim to go to a large market. Rams do need a WR as they let Watkins go and cut Austin. Kupp is a real solid #2 WR.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I still think he stays and gets the lucrative extension he wants.

Kroenke isn't one to really get involved but I wonder if he's making an exception with the Rams because of the market and new $5B stadium.

He realizes that championship windows are only open so long and he's got a top 3 RB, an up and coming QB and a great HC. Nows the time to win before you're stuck paying Goff/Gurley huge money.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Rams look to be going all in. Still OBJ, Talib and Suh on the same team? Could be a headache for the coach with those 3.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Vikings needed a third WR and they get a decent slot guy. I think he's pretty similar to Jarius Wright but obviously has much better numbers because he has always had a bigger role in the offenses he has played in. I wanted Jarius back so getting Kendall as his replacement is fine by me.

I didn't think I'd ever be excited about potentially adding a punter but I have to say, I kinda would be in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad