NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hoping for Svechnikov.

Karlsson-Duchene-Stone-Hoffman-Chabot-Svechnikov-Gustavsson is a hell of a core... Will be pretty cheap too for a while.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Hoping for Svechnikov.

Karlsson-Duchene-Stone-Hoffman-Chabot-Svechnikov-Gustavsson is a hell of a core... Will be pretty cheap too for a while.

You sure about that.

Karlsson is gonna be making at least 10M+ and Stone + Duchene 7M+ at least. Possibly at least $24M+ tied up in 3 players while we got Ryan and Gaborik taking up 12.5M the next 4 years. About 36M tied up in 5 players, leaving 41M for the rest of the roster.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
You sure about that.

Karlsson is gonna be making at least 10M+ and Stone + Duchene 7M+ at least. Possibly at least $24M+ tied up in 3 players while we got Ryan and Gaborik taking up 12.5M the next 4 years. About 36M tied up in 5 players, leaving 41M for the rest of the roster.

Your hypothetical situation has Ryan and Gaborik in it, as if they are "core". Mine doesn't. Point is that Chabot and Svechnikov and high caliber guys who will be cost friendly for a while.

So idk what to answer other than: we'll see what happens.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You sure about that.

I think your estimates are on the low side, but those three players are must signs for me.

It's looking like Gaborik is a buyout candidate, even for Melnyk, no matter how hard it will be for him to swallow.

I also think every attempt will be made to lessen the cost (to the Senators) of Ryan's contract in some way, but not with a buy out.

No one thought Dion's contract was trade-able, so something can be done if reducing Ryan's contract obligations is a priority.

Reactions: aragorn

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I think it has zero effect. if karlsson wants to leave he is leaving regardless of where we pick

You cherry pick the one situation of which I am obliviously not referring to. Good work allstar.

EK has stated repeatedly he wants to stay, so, why not take his word for it and have a debate with that scenario in mind. :rolleyes:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You cherry pick the one situation of which I am obliviously not referring to. Good work allstar.

EK has stated repeatedly he wants to stay, so, why not take his word for it and have a debate with that scenario in mind. :rolleyes:
finally some recognition around here.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have watched denisenko, wahlstrom, bokk, wise, veleno, and wilde videos.. I am now an expert.

Veleno: with a little weight could be a big time sleeper.

wahlstrom: he doesn't do anything particularly quickly from what I see

denisenko: reminds me of kuznetsov

bokk: I like A LOT another I see with just a liiiiiitlle bit more quickness and strength = steal

wise: best of the bunch that I watched in my opinion

there you go.. don't go anywhere else for your prospect analysis.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm warming up to trading down and taking Kotkaniemi ~10-12, or just taking him. Try and pick up another few high picks. He's really growing on me. I think he will be a BIG riser on draft day and in the year following the draft.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Veleno would be a slick pick up. He's been dominating ever since he was traded.

Unlikely he makes it to our 2nd first now.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'm warming up to trading down and taking Kotkaniemi ~10-12, or just taking him. Try and pick up another few high picks. He's really growing on me. I think he will be a BIG riser on draft day and in the year following the draft.

Where would you comfortable cutting off to trade down?

If we are in top 5 after lottery would you trade down? Guess it depends on what we could get back but where do you see the drop off being significant enough to consider it? Top 3?

Also what about his game has you jazzed up? Admit I am not familiar with him at all.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Where would you comfortable cutting off to trade down?

If we are in top 5 after lottery would you trade down? Guess it depends on what we could get back but where do you see the drop off being significant enough to consider it? Top 3?

Also what about his game has you jazzed up? Admit I am not familiar with him at all.
I see the ~3-10 grouping in the same light or teir, I doubt this view is shared by many. Only reason I'd trade down would be to get a guy I wanted that "could" be available late. Otherwise I'd keep it and choose from all available.

Tall, lanky Center with high I.Q and offensive tools (shooting/passing/skating/stick-handling). Already putting up points in a Mens league. He'll be a 6-3, 215lb monster by the time he's 21. Reminds me of Sheifele pre-draft

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina or bust. I’m not high on Tkachuk and if none of those three are available when our pick is on the board I’d strongly consider a trade down or some deal with Colorado where they give us their first rounder this year and the rights to keep our pick next year in exchange for our pick this year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I see the ~3-10 grouping in the same light or teir, I doubt this view is shared by many. Only reason I'd trade down would be to get a guy I wanted that "could" be available late. Otherwise I'd keep it and choose from all available.

Tall, lanky Center with high I.Q and offensive tools (shooting/passing/skating/stick-handling). Already putting up points in a Mens league. He'll be a 6-3, 215lb monster by the time he's 21. Reminds me of Sheifele pre-draft

With the lack of Centers in the first round he could squeak into the top 10 I doubt if he's available past 15.
I'd like the Sens to take the best available forward if we pick 2-6 (Zvechnikov, Zadina,Wahlstrom, Tkachuk) .. and take a flyer on a RD (Merkley or Woo) if he's there with the late pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
With the lack of Centers in the first round he could squeak into the top 10 I doubt if he's available past 15.
I'd like the Sens to take the best available forward if we pick 2-6 (Zvechnikov, Zadina,Wahlstrom, Tkachuk) .. and take a flyer on a RD (Merkley or Woo) if he's there with the late pick.
I've been "high"ish on him for a while, but I'm actually starting to see him in the Zadina/Dobson/Boqvist/Wahlstrom group.

Not expecting it, but I'd be pleased with him, very pleased.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Bokk looks like a real target for our 2nd first. He looks like Filip Forsberg. Great shot, great hands, great passing, incredible creativity.

Too bad it's the anti-thesis of Dorions first round picks.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I was just thinking about this...how might an additional trade work for us to give the pick to the Avs this year?

Let's say we have pick 7 and we are comfortable sending it to the Avs BUT we feel we will be a play-off team next year and the pick will be in high teens or 20's...can we have a discussion with them to say, "If you want this pick we can work a side deal to ensure we provide it this year otherwise you get the one next season".

Now of course the Avs would have to believe we are going to be better next season and the player they get this draft would out pace the one from next year but it is a possibility no? We get their 1st this year and maybe a future consideration to give up a high pick this year?

Am I making any sense?!

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like we probably pick top 3-5. A guy like Svechnikov or Zadina would be my choice for the pick if we don't get #1.

aligator

Jan 3, 2008

He wants to stay but on his terms which may not make sense for the team.
I think both team and player have already agreed on a divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad