GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Jost is just 20. He'll be getting his man strength over the next few years.

I'm not overly worried. He's a smart kid and hard worker. I have a feeling he'll make the most of what he has, but he's never going to be a speed demon. Can't do anything about genetics.

Yup. I feel like Jost will never be that MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog top guy but he'll be a long time fan favourite who is under appreciated by opposing fans (per usual)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What do people mean when they saw Kaut is raw or green? im not sure i understand

That he's not realized his potential yet. It basically means there is room to grow once he learns to use his tools and everything clicks.

For example Rantanen was raw when it came to skating as an 18 year old.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Swedish NHLers were asked what job they would have if they were not NHL players.

Landeskog replied he would be a fire fighter. Hard physical work and being part of a tight knit team. The more I think about it the more I realize he's right. Landeskog is 100% a fire fighter type of guy.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
That he's not realized his potential yet. It basically means there is room to grow once he learns to use his tools and everything clicks.

For example Rantanen was raw when it came to skating as an 18 year old.

I think i see. The way people frame it , it sounded like he never played hockey on a team before haha
Still sounds strange.
"He's so raw"

...whut???

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I dont think I've ever been more excited for a hockey season then I am this one.

It's very, very rare for a fan base to get to watch a team with as bright of a future as the Avs, a team that will hunt and fight for a playoff spot all season long as one of the youngest teams in the league.... And all while enjoying that aspect of the year, we also get the thrill of watching another team very likely bottom out knowing that at the end of the year that pick is ours and we'll get to pick a future star player while hopefully playing more hockey in April/May month.

Just hurry up and freaking start already. I'm gonna be watching every Colorado game, and every Ottawa game this season no doubt.
There's a limit to how erect I can be

Reactions: Pokecheque

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Swedish NHLers were asked what job they would have if they were not NHL players.

Landeskog replied he would be a fire fighter. Hard physical work and being part of a tight knit team. The more I think about it the more I realize he's right. Landeskog is 100% a fire fighter type of guy.
Landy as a fire fighter? Lock up your daughters....

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Colin Wilson got super sick to the point where he couldn't walk or eat last year (and it lasted for weeks), then he got concussed, then had a nasty "lower body injury". It's really hard to judge him because he had so much bad luck.

I kind of liked his game at the beginning of the year, I'd be more than OK with him on the 2nd line but I really wish Bednar will put him in Comeau's spot next to Soda.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I dont think I've ever been more excited for a hockey season then I am this one.

It's very, very rare for a fan base to get to watch a team with as bright of a future as the Avs, a team that will hunt and fight for a playoff spot all season long as one of the youngest teams in the league.... And all while enjoying that aspect of the year, we also get the thrill of watching another team very likely bottom out knowing that at the end of the year that pick is ours and we'll get to pick a future star player while hopefully playing more hockey in April/May month.

Just hurry up and freaking start already. I'm gonna be watching every Colorado game, and every Ottawa game this season no doubt.

So who does Sakic send to the draft lottery when he's traveling with the team during round 2 of the playoffs :sarcasm:

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
Colin Wilson got super sick to the point where he couldn't walk or eat last year (and it lasted for weeks), then he got concussed, then had a nasty "lower body injury". It's really hard to judge him because he had so much bad luck.

I kind of liked his game at the beginning of the year, I'd be more than OK with him on the 2nd line but I really wish Bednar will put him in Comeau's spot next to Soda.
So who does Sakic send to the draft lottery when he's traveling with the team during round 2 of the playoffs :sarcasm:
Hall from the devils of course

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Would Lundqvist be a model?

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

heavy-breathing.gif

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

Like Girard and EJ together. Z and Barrie could be a high event defensive pairing, good and bad.

Not liking the idea of Cole-Nemeth together at all. It just doesn't fit the new NHL IMO. The puck movement could be a real issue and it reminds of some of the puck-moving deficient pairings we have seen at times from the Avs over the past few seasons.

We'll see if any of these stick long term. I may be biased in my thinking, as I would prefer to see Barberio (flaws and all) in the lineup over Mr. Icing.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Like Girard and EJ together. Z and Barrie could be a high event defensive pairing, good and bad.

Not liking the idea of Cole-Nemeth together at all. It just doesn't fit the new NHL IMO. The puck movement could be a real issue and it reminds of some of the puck-moving deficient pairings we have seen at times from the Avs over the past few seasons.

We'll see if any of these stick long term. I may be biased in my thinking, as I would prefer to see Barberio (flaws and all) in the lineup over Mr. Icing.

Those top two pairs are exactly what I was hoping to see. The third pairing isn't ideal but I'd take it if it means a bigger role for Girard. They probably want Nemeth in there for his PK ability but Barberio's a good guy to have waiting if Nemeth struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad