2018-19 Standing Predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
1. Toronto
2. Tampa
3. Boston
4. Florida WC1
---
5. Buffalo
6. Detroit
7. Montreal
8. Ottawa

Metropolitan:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Columbus
4. Carolina WC2
---
5. New Jersey
6. Philadelphia
7. NY Rangers
8. NY Islanders

Central:

1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. St. Louis
4. Colorado
---
5. Dallas
6. Minnesota
7. Chicago

Pacific: (toughest division to pick)

1. San Jose
2. Calgary
3. LA
4. Vegas
---
5. Anaheim
6. Edmonton
7. Arizona
8. Vancouver

You pretty much nailed the West! Good stuff

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Metropolitan
y-Washington
x-Philadelphia
x-Pittsburgh
(WC2) x-Columbus
Carolina
New Jersey
NYR
NYI

Atlantic
p-Tampa Bay
x-Toronto
x-Boston
(WC1) x-Florida
Buffalo
Ottawa
Detroit
Montreal

Central
z-Winnipeg
x-Nashville
x-St. Louis
x(WC2)-Dallas
Colorado
Minnesota
Chicago

Pacific
y-San Jose
x-Vegas
x-Calgary
(WC1) x-Edmonton
Arizona
Los Angeles
Anaheim
Vancouver

Not too shabby, but gave Edmonton way too much credit I guess.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
The problem with predicting next season is that mentally everyone bases their guesses on past performances. I think this season proved that you might as well roll a die. Nobody saw Ottawa sucking or Vegas dominating, or Colorado making the playoffs. Or the Oilers missing the playoffs. All of these things just happened and are now reality. Resetting your mind is impossible though. I am going to try though:

PACIFIC

1. Oilers
2. Kings

3. Flames
4. Sharks
5. Canucks
6. Coyotes
7. Ducks
8. Knights

The Oilers have too much talent. The Flames will start showing some of theirs too. The new-look Canucks will rally and almost make the playoffs. But the Sharks lead by Paul Stastny just edge them for a playoff spot. The Ducks are due for a fall. Pacific teams start figuring out the Knights, and they make the decision to tank in January, falling a couple spots in the process.

CENTRAL

1. Jets
2. Predators
3. Stars
4. Avalanche
5. Blues
6. Wild
7. Blackhawks

Dallas gets their act together and challenge the top two teams. The next three teams finish in a tight pack, with Colorado winning a playoff spot (I literally rolled a die). The Blackhawks are now the worst team in the league.

METROPOLITAN

1. Blue Jackets
2. Penguins
3. Capitals
4. Hurricanes
5. Devils
6. Rangers
7. Islanders
8. Flyers

Tavares joins the Blue Jackets and lights up the Metropolitan division on his way to Art Ross. Capitals struggle early, still manage to get to the playoffs but don't get home ice. The Islanders suck all season, but after Couturier breaks a leg in December, it's the Flyers who become a top lottery team. The Hurricanes finish 4th but miss the playoffs because suddenly the top division in the league, against all odds, is the...

ATLANTIC

1. Lightning
2. Maple Leafs
3. Bruins
4. Sabres
5. Panthers
6. Senators
7. Red Wings
8. Canadiens

The Leafs challenge the Bolts for the top spot. The improvements by Buffalo & Florida see them both advance to the playoffs, and even the Senators are not far out. They are in the playoff race all the way to the end and opt not to trade away EK65, so he becomes an UFA in the summer. The inflated point totals by the top 6 teams are somehow explained by the magnitude of suckage both Detroit & Montreal display throughout the season, as they join Philly, Isles, Vegas & Chicago in the hunt for Jack Hughes. I just rolled another die, and the top pick goes to Chicago. Yay.

Oh yeah, and the Stanley Cup goes to LA, as they defeat the Leafs in 4 straight games.

Yikes.

I'm sure my predictions were bad too though.

I likely had Oilers finding themselves and Knights coming back to earth.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
A little too early but:

Metro:
1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Philadelphia
4. NYI
5. New Jersey
--
6. Columbus
7. Carolina
8. NYR

Atlantic
1. Tampa
2. Toronto
3. Florida
--
4. Boston
5. Buffalo
6. Detroit
7. Montreal
8. Ottawa

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. Dallas
4. Colorado
5. St. Louis
--
6. Chicago
7. Minnesota

Pacific:
1. Vegas
2. Los Angeles
3. Calgary
--
4. Anaheim
5. San Jose
6. Arizona
7. Edmonton
8. Vancouver

Clearly wrong about LA, I also made this and thought that Karlsson to SJ was a longshot, so if he was a Shark I might of had them over LA.

Somewhat right about the Central.

Wrong about Florida, but I think they're slowly improving that team. Montreal is a weird team, getting rid of Patches helped them.

Only wrong in the Metro with Philly and NJ. Didn't think Carolina would be that good this season.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Atlantic

Tampa Bay
Toronto
Boston
Buffalo
Florida
Ottawa
Detroit
Montreal

Metropolitan

Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington
Columbus
New Jersey
Carolina
New York Rangers
New York Islanders

Central

Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg
Dallas
Colorado
Minnesota
Chicago

Pacific

Calgary
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
San Jose
Edmonton
Anaheim
Arizona
Vancouver

Whoops.

Well I was right about a few things, namely Tampa, Chicago and Calgary. Also Dallas currently slotted in 4th in the Central....by a thread.

Wrong about so much more, though.

Thought LA would be better, thought Philly would be better, thought Montreal would be worse, thought the Isles would be worse.

Good thing I've got no money riding on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad