League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword

May 26, 2014
I'd like to see the Pens lose their last 2 games

and see the BJs, Habs and Canes win theirs. I'd be fine with losing against the Habs in OT this thursday.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Washington 102
Islanders 99
Penguins 97
-------------------
Hurricanes 95
Jackets 94
-------------------
Montreal 94

Please let it end just like this.

giphy.gif

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Caps just need to win on Thursday and then rest up against the Isles.

Ya but you have to wonder if the Caps should intentionally throw that game, only for the reason that if

MTL wins last 2
Carolina wins last 2
CBJ wins last 2
Pens lose last 2

Pens are out. Caps winning vs MTL mean Pens are in.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Meh if Pens lose out, I don't mind playing them 1st.

I know Pittsburgh has this reality distortion device where they press a button and the opponent ****s their pants, but I'm ready.

You aren't playing them though. The Pens are one season removed from a cup repeat. They are tied with the Caps for the most points since the trade deadline. Saying you want to play them is silly. I am certain that Boston would accept having to play Washington if it was the price of making the ECF, but given a choice they would choose another team.

I am fine not having to play Pittsburgh for a change.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ya but you have to wonder if the Caps should intentionally throw that game,.

No. After the junk they produced in the last game, throwing a game is a recipe for disaster. That would set them up for a division title game in the last game. No. Just beat Montreal.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Caps just need to win on Thursday and then rest up against the Isles.

Yep. I am perfectly fine with every Metro team below the Caps winning the rest of their games. It's nice to dream but the Pens aren't missing the playoffs so they can stay right where they are and the Isles can have them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridley Simon

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah, I kinda mixed messages there. No Hedman, no motivation for TB, means don't take Habs beating them for meaning too much.

Separately, Ovi loves playing Montreal, I expect him to have a good game vs them.
Got it. Makes sense.

From your fingertips to God’s ears.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Two more: @ NYR and vs OTT

But Carolina is in the drivers seat: vs NJD and @ PHI
Very good night in the Metro. But did want to point out that the Jackets are still up 2 ROW on Carolina. So that razor thin 1 point lead the Canes have now has to hold at least.

EDIT: I'd love to see Pitt fall to the second WC and face Tampa in R1. Then while I'm dreaming, the Jackets could leapfrog the Canes so CBJ and the Isles could beat each other senseless. Both Columbus and Carolina have a ROW advantage on the Pens so it could happen, right? ;)

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
No. After the junk they produced in the last game, throwing a game is a recipe for disaster. That would set them up for a division title game in the last game. No. Just beat Montreal.

Not only that but throwing the game most likely doesn't help because of the Jackets and Canes remaining games. If they both get the four points, which they both should, it doesn't matter what the Habs do.

Habs had a great season, they absolutely over-achieved and should be proud, but let's end it Thursday.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Not only that but throwing the game most likely doesn't help because of the Jackets and Canes remaining games. If they both get the four points, which they both should, it doesn't matter what the Habs do.

Habs had a great season, they absolutely over-achieved and should be proud, but let's end it Thursday.

Cupless since '93. Let's keep that going. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad