Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I like the idea of at least an AHL deal. I think they missed this with Middleton and Mattinen and at least another year would have been nice for those two. They now have a boatload of D prospects to evaluate at the AHL level so it might not be the best environment for Gordeev, whereas it buys what could be a nice development year for McGregor. An overage season be good for Gordeev but there is no tie to the club without a contract.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
I'm pretty sure Gordeev was a forward up until recently in his development so him not having a fully developed sense of defence would make absolute sense much like Gardiner. I'd be willing to give him an ELC to see if he develops into a defenceman with his current raw tools.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Mason Marchment is an interesting player, he looks worthy of an NHL chance. He is agitating and laying the body all over the ice. He works hard. He is the type of player the Leafs need, a gritty winger with size. Marchment keeps progressing too, he can surprise at main camp especially if he improves his speed. Marchment would look good with Kadri-Moore on the 3rd line. Moore does not belong on the 4th line. Bracco can be a wild card too, it just compounds the issue of Marleau.

horner

May 22, 2007
Korshkov is starting to get used to the smaller ice.
He is starting to get more comfortable.
He has a nasty mean streak in him .
He is always looking to take the man out hard.

Would love to see
Marchment and Korshkov on the big club.
Bodies would be laying all over the play.

Reactions: hockeynorth

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I'm pretty sure Gordeev was a forward up until recently in his development so him not having a fully developed sense of defence would make absolute sense much like Gardiner. I'd be willing to give him an ELC to see if he develops into a defenceman with his current raw tools.
I remember that. Honestly with his skating we should try him at LW. Imagine that behemith with any of our top 3 C/RW combos. Just send him in full speed and clean up the debris.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Marchment had a hilarious dive in game 3, hopefully he doesn't bring that into the NHL.

It's already hard enough to get calls for the Leafs as it is

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
D7VgSrsW4AAr8ZC.jpg

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Scott Walford would be a solid young player to snatch up if you can get him on an AHL contract.
Don’t know many of those names.

Anyone ELC quality?

There was the one unsigned RD guy discussed earlier in these threads who was set to become an UFA, whose name escapes me.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Mason Marchment might very well get a spot on the Leafs next year. We definitely need to get larger skilled players.

If Brock Nelson gets 6 million what are Kapanen and Johnsson going to be asking for? Could be large.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
I hear carcone has been impressive and has worked his way up the lineup

He has good foot speed and has decent hands, he excels at zone entries. My issue with Carcone is that he always tries to go all the way himself, this leads to a lot of turnovers and missed opportunities. He also doesnt like to support his defensemen in the dzone, I have noticed a few instances where they get hemmed in because he wasnt on the half boards waiting for the outlet pass. The d would chip the puck up the boards and it would go right to a Checkers player. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
So who saw last night's game? Marlies get schooled. What happened? Was it on Hutch? Outshooting a club 40 to 20 looks like Kaski's line from the regular season. Is KK hurt ? Was it Sandin's -4. How is Hollowell looking? Carcone with another 5 shots! Why is nick Baptiste in the lineup?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So who saw last night's game? Marlies get schooled. What happened? Was it on Hutch? Outshooting a club 40 to 20 looks like Kaski's line from the regular season. Is KK hurt ? Was it Sandin's -4. How is Hollowell looking? Carcone with another 5 shots! Why is nick Baptiste in the lineup?

It was a back to back, so they started Hutch. I only saw parts of the game, and it was already 3-1 at that time.....so I can't comment on what went wrong to there. What I saw, were the Marlies playing well, and working hard to come back, then the empty net.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
They gave up 2 shorthanded goals and an empty netter but yea Hutch wasn't great.

Every player was positive on the posession side except for Moore and it was probably one of the most dominant performances from the team all year. They got beat by an amazing performance by Tokarski.

Even Sandin with his -4 had a pretty good game, just bad luck.

Baptiste and the 4th line were dominant last night too. 80% possession despite only 20% OZS.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Yeah a 3 goal night isn't exactly imploding. tokarski has been a beast for Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad