Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
That pick won't affect us for a few years, whereas another collapse would affect us now. That marginal difference in prospect isn't worth it unless you're already planning for Rebuild 3.0
well if that pick was to be Byram i would have to argue and it depends on the collapse if the core players raise there game but the goalies can't keep up then i would def take the better pick over just falling short which is kinda where im leaning now.
Byram is just better than whatever other pick we could get on D and it would give us Sammy, Z , Byram on the left with Makar, EJ. Barrie, Meloche on the right and if Timmins happens to get close to what his ceiling is I would def say Byram over another pick would be best since we would happen to have one of the best D cores in the NHL over a potnetial top 6 FWD , which we will probably trade Barrie for.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I still believe it's possible. Mackinnon has to turn it up a notch.

The more I think about it, the more I think Landy's absence may help Nate get out of the funk he's in mentally, and take ownership of his role on the team.

Different situation obviously, but he had the same reaction with the departure of Duchene. Landy's been the absolute leader of this team, and it's not even close. Just like when Duchene left, now MacKinnon needs to step up and be the go to guy in every department.

I think Mikko may have the same reaction. He's a very proud, competitive guy as well.

I'll do my best @Sea Eagles impression and make a proclamation that this will actually help the Avs. They were floundering, with a lack of emotion and fighting spirit, and might have been on their way to missing the playoffs.

Now Nate and Mikko will screw their head back on straight, go back to superman levels, and they'll get Landy and Z back for the start of the playoffs!

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
I can’t believe how many people are content with just packing it in
I'm in no way ok with it but might as well be realistic and hope if they don't make it they get the best picks possible cause after next year i don't see them getting anymore top 10 picks for awhile and with our development we probably won't get a shot at another top D prospect like Byram, ect and i have no faith in this team drafting D man that wouldnt be top 5 worthy. and then its still sketchy at best.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm in the huge minority here, but if we move up in the draft either via lottery or suckage, pick a forward. We need immediate help at forward. A D of Z, Barrie, EJ, Makar and Girard is nothing to scoff at.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
This team dug its own grave with their 2nd half play. The Landeskog injury is just the icing in the cake to a lost season.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
I'm in the huge minority here, but if we move up in the draft either via lottery or suckage, pick a forward. We need immediate help at forward. A D of Z, Barrie, EJ, Makar and Girard is nothing to scoff at.
No its not but, its hard to make good pairings due to size which is why i like Byram so much and if Timmins can come back that would be just lethal + i can't see how this team can keep Barrie unless we could get rid of EJ but thats why you trade Barrie fora top 6 FWD letting us Draft Byram and not two FWDS

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
well if that pick was to be Byram i would have to argue and it depends on the collapse if the core players raise there game but the goalies can't keep up then i would def take the better pick over just falling short which is kinda where im leaning now.
Byram is just better than whatever other pick we could get on D and it would give us Sammy, Z , Byram on the left with Makar, EJ. Barrie, Meloche on the right and if Timmins happens to get close to what his ceiling is I would def say Byram over another pick would be best since we would happen to have one of the best D cores in the NHL over a potnetial top 6 FWD , which we will probably trade Barrie for.

And how do you fix the team in the 2+ years it's going to take Byram to become a difference maker in the NHL? This core needs to develop some resilience & start learning how to win without everything going their way ASAFP if they want to accomplish anything before MacKinnon's contract is up. They can't wait two more years to even start learning.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
And how do you fix the team in the 2+ years it's going to take Byram to become a difference maker in the NHL? This core needs to develop some resilience & start learning how to win without everything going their way ASAFP if they want to accomplish anything before MacKinnon's contract is up. They can't wait two more years to even start learning.

That’s the biggest thing. Everyone is rooting for and going to be so happy when we get all these high draft picks every year it looks like we might not make the playoffs just for the entire current core of our team to dip out because they are sick of losing.

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Looking forward to seeing the long-term damage this does to him. If this doesn't scream desperation from Bednar/Sakic, nothing does.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Looking forward to seeing the long-term damage this does to him. If this doesn't scream desperation from Bednar/Sakic, nothing does.
Huh? Why would they be THAT stupid sending him back on the ice when he's seriously hurt? He's probably a bit banged up, but who isn't this time of the year. A few posters here even think that Rants MUST be hurt for 2 month now because he was struggeling a bit. Crazy talk.

Always expect the worst, huh. Illuminaty 4 life!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Huh? Why would they be THAT stupid sending him back on the ice when he's seriously hurt? He's probably a bit banged up, but who isn't this time of the year. A few posters here even think that Rants MUST be hurt for 2 month now because he was struggeling a bit. Crazy talk.

Always expect the worst, huh. Illuminaty 4 life!

It wouldn't exactly be unheard of for a guy like Zads to be rushed back before he's fully healed to save a season that the GM left the team shorthanded for...

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It wouldn't exactly be unheard of for a guy like Zads to be rushed back before he's fully healed to save a season that the GM left the team shorthanded for...
Players play injured all the time. Expecting everyone to be fully healed before playing is not going to ever happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad