Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If the baseball almanac is up to date, he just became the 38th pitcher in AL history, 85th overall, 3rd pitcher this season, and 2nd ever blue jay after Steve Delabar to hit the rare 4 Ks in 1 IP mark.

That sounds like a lot of people to share the mark at 85, but keep in mind that this dates back to 1888. so we're talking about nearly 130 years of history to account for. B-R says that's 213,606 total games to whatever date their "present" is accounting for, and somewhere around 3.8 million innings pitched.
Didn't even realize he struck out four that inning.

Another K as I type this.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
That extra inning where Tulo led off would've looked completely different had he not botched his double into a single. He had a good hitting game, but that's no excuse.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
That extra inning where Tulo led off would've looked completely different had he not botched his double into a single. He had a good hitting game, but that's no excuse.

Tulo had a good hitting game but he did some stupid **** on the bases during the game. I didn't like his reaction earlier in the game when he was on 3rd and there was a rundown on a double play. He could have made it to home if he was off the base and running. He also tried stealing a base earlier in the game and utterly failing. Then the botched double was just sad as well.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone know what's going on in Boston this week? No way they all just decided to meet up randomly in July in Boston to go to a game.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1621311983/torbos-maple-leafs-take-in-blue-jaysred-sox/?game_pk=491506

Eh they all (except Freddy to my knowledge) have some roots in Boston. Hanifin's from there, Pastrnak plays there, Matthews was teammates on the Jr Bs with Hanifin, Nylander is friends with Pastrnak and also played on the Jr Bs. They probably picked whenever the Jays were coming into town as a chance to meet up together.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I don't know about you, but Boston does not scare me at all when they have no power. They don't scare me this year. Very overrated team.

Overrated? So, the Jays should be 20 games behind them instead of only 9?

I'd take the overrated Red Sox squad over the Jays at the moment.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Tulo had a good hitting game but he did some stupid **** on the bases during the game. I didn't like his reaction earlier in the game when he was on 3rd and there was a rundown on a double play. He could have made it to home if he was off the base and running. He also tried stealing a base earlier in the game and utterly failing. Then the botched double was just sad as well.

It's sad that Tulo and JD have gone bad overnight like a stale loaf of bread. Mold all over them lately. :help:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

The worst thing about that long single from Tulo was the effort level.

In the 11th, Pearce hit a ball off the monster and put his head down and charged out of the batter's box to stretch it to a double. And it led to a manufactured run on a sac fly a couple batters later. Tulo just jogged down to first and not surprisingly couldn't make it.

The guy is normally Mr. Fundamentals but that was awful. And possibly cost them the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad