Post-Game Talk: 2017 redux

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I had a bad feeling about this season with the hype train on overload to anoint this team a Cup favourite. They were/are clearly deficient on their d-corp and goaltending followed as another legitimate question mark. The one thing that didn't seem at risk was this team being able to score to keep themselves in games. Oh, and tell me again about the historic power play.

Yet, here we are with a team that's cratered within the weight of its own hubris showing little to nothing in all areas. But completely lost in their goal suppression focus which was loudly proclaimed as the priority this off-season. This collection of individuals is lost at sea and show no signs of rescuing themselves anytime soon.

My next bad feeling is a better defending bad Flamers team has Markstrom exercise some Oiler demons in the Heritage Classic Toilet Bowl this weekend.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
“It’s easy to point fingers” - Nurse

MF’ER ITS NOT EASY TO POINT FINGERS. ITS YOU, YOURE THE MFING PROBLEM YOU TWAT

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

Should have had the discussion in the first intermission of game 1. It took this long for them to get frustrated?

prolly the same speech the "leaders" gave in the 2 week early captains skate.
maybe this time, they'll mean what they say, and the rest of the team will listen.

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
I only tuned in for part of the 3rd. When I say tuned in, had it in for background noise. Old man Weight had the festivus pole out?
In Doug Weight’s Oilers Hall of Fame induction speech he joked about his Dad cancelling attending last minute because McDavid would be out for the game. It was funny at the time but very true.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Didn’t see the game. I could have if I wanted but did dinner, cleaned up afterwards. Read some. Had some more wine. Checked the score a few times.

Looks like I again didn’t miss anything. I was trying to get a summary from this PGT but that’s pretty rare lol. It’s basically all ranting or I give up comments.

So, if there’s anyone who can provide a recap other than ‘we suck’, I’m sure a bunch of us would appreciate it!

That being said, if no one does this, I probably don’t really care. Sad eh?

What an unbelievable brutal and disappointing start to the season.

Cup favorites yay! Lolol

Reactions: Kerberos

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Can this dumbass management group swallow their stupid pride and at least waive Erne and sign Ritchie or Kessel?

Why are they so obsessed with keeping these mediocre turd players.
Holland pretty much retired once he made the Ekholm trade. He's as M.I.A. off the ice as RNH is on the ice.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Can this dumbass management group swallow their stupid pride and at least waive Erne and sign Ritchie or Kessel?

Why are they so obsessed with keeping these mediocre turd players.
What will fat kessel and dumb face Ritchie do? Waive Erne and call up Lavoie to play top six for a bit

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
“Leadership group”

If I was in that locker room I’d tell the whole lot to f*** off. Imagine RNH and Nurse talking about being better to you. f***ing insulting

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
In Doug Weight’s Oilers Hall of Fame induction speech he joked about his Dad cancelling attending last minute because McDavid would be out for the game. It was funny at the time but very true.

I'd trade every player on this roster not named McDavid or Draisaitl for a 1998 Doug Weight + cap room and not even think twice about it. Get the f*** outta here RNH, Nurse, etc.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Jeez am I glad I've had zero interest since our playoffs exit. This is beyond pathetic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad