WJC: 2017 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, who is this guy? First time I heard of him was when I read the nomination. I haven't been able to follow our junior guys so closely recently but is he like that Helt guy? Come out of nowhere sort of thing?

Don't know much about him. Played for the U-18's last year but no U-20's this year I think. They might have just been really impressed with him at the world junior A challenge before this. He played pretty well there I thought. His stats are pretty decent from the last couple years too.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Would seriously make my Christmas. Haha.
Hronek captain, Kase and Spacek with the A.
Skarek starting the game against Finland. Interesting decision. But I have faith in him. Really hope he does well!

We must hope. Worse It could not be, so we can only get better:)

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
So 12 F, 7 D and 3 G on the roster. One spot open (Budik, Dufek, Kodytek, maybe Zacha).

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
I don't usually let myself get bothered by pre-competition results. As I think I've shown. But questionable cuts? I can never hold in the anger...
You have to be kidding me with cutting Hajek... Over Krenzelok, Hrdinka, and Kalina? Is he well??? I think Petr needs serious help. This guy is a joke. NOW I am losing faith.

I watched Hajek this past summer all through Tampa’s prospect camp and pre-season and had him ranked above all 5 of the Lightning prospects that made team Canada. This is a bit of a shocker. Either Hajek is off his game (didn’t see the pre-tourney games), or you guys must have some serious talent at D.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
So 12 F, 7 D and 3 G on the roster. One spot open (Budik, Dufek, Kodytek, maybe Zacha).

Wait is this official? Did they really leave out Budik and Kodytek? Both Hrdinka and Krenzelok made it?! WTF
And I thought it couldn't get any worse. What's next, Krenzelok on 1st pairing? Petr just went full Prerost mode.

I watched Hajek this past summer all through Tampa’s prospect camp and pre-season and had him ranked above all 5 of the Lightning prospects that made team Canada. This is a bit of a shocker. Either Hajek is off his game (didn’t see the pre-tourney games), or you guys must have some serious talent at D.

Hajek should have been a top 4 D for us and there is no excuse to be made for his omission. He is the 3rd best D Czech U20 has to offer (Behind Zboril and Hronek) and they leave him out... joke. Czech D could have been very good, but seems like they just had to ''balance'' it with European league defensemen... even though the NA defensemen are better and the tournament is played in NA.

This tournament better be over soon, the past few weeks really pissed me off.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Wait is this official? Did they really leave out Budik and Kodytek? Both Hrdinka and Krenzelok made it?! WTF
And I thought it couldn't get any worse. What's next, Krenzelok on 1st pairing? Petr just went full Prerost mode.

Hajek should have been a top 4 D for us and there is no excuse to be made for his omission. He is the 3rd best D Czech U20 has to offer (Behind Zboril and Hronek) and they leave him out... joke. Czech D could have been very good, but seems like they just had to ''balance'' it with European league defensemen... even though the NA defensemen are better and the tournament is played in NA.

This tournament better be over soon, the past few weeks really pissed me off.

Thanks for the info… wasn’t aware of the whole European league balance thing. As Lightning fans we were beginning to wonder if something had gone wrong with the kid, besides just being on a bad WHL team.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
What bothers me about the Hajek cut is that nobody explained. Like what were the reasons - was it performance, some kind of injury, bad behaviour.. you don't cut such player just like that.. clearly our sport journalist don't give a *** ..
It is similar as if they cut TOP10 or TOP5 pick in Canada.. the coach would have to immediately explain..
Or correct me if something about it was already said..

Plus Budik still not on the roster and Vala as a 7th defenseman against Finland..
I don't know, I don't want to prejudge, I'll wait for the actual game but so far I'm not very happy with all this..

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
That Krenzelok guy looks doubke slower than ordinary WJC player. How can he be there with such a poor skating?

I don't think he's the only one. Quite a few of our guys look a lot slower than I would have expected. Maybe it's just me though I dunno...

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I don't think he's the only one. Quite a few of our guys look a lot slower than I would have expected. Maybe it's just me though I dunno...

Agree, they all look very slow.

Kvasnicka's injury might be serious.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

I guess reason for that prefeption is that, compare to other top nations, our guys dont have same general skill set. On is big, strong , slow, second skilled soft etc. But that Krenzelok....thats too much

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
What bothers me about the Hajek cut is that nobody explained. Like what were the reasons - was it performance, some kind of injury, bad behaviour.. you don't cut such player just like that.. clearly our sport journalist don't give a *** ..
It is similar as if they cut TOP10 or TOP5 pick in Canada.. the coach would have to immediately explain..
Or correct me if something about it was already said..

Plus Budik still not on the roster and Vala as a 7th defenseman against Finland..
I don't know, I don't want to prejudge, I'll wait for the actual game but so far I'm not very happy with all this..

Exactly what i was wondering.. It just doesnt make sense. The Canadian coaches would 100% have to explain.
But maybe he gets called back? Kvasnicka was out all game. Would be nice to get some specifics.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Exactly what i was wondering.. It just doesnt make sense. The Canadian coaches would 100% have to explain.
But maybe he gets called back? Kvasnicka was out all game. Would be nice to get some specifics.

Don't think that's possible. If Kvasnicka is really out replacement will likely be Budik. (Unless Zacha comes, in that case they wouldn't replace the D probably)

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Defense was definitely a little slow. Really hard to watch Krenzelok play. He's such a liability back there.. Mind you, he has a heck of a hard shot. Pretty much all that he's got going for him. Otherwise I cant understand why he's there.

Vala is slower but so physically strong. And positionally really good too. There was a couple times he got beat but he used his strength along with his long reach to make up for the mistake. He made some really nice plays and blocks yesterday.
Hronek is just simply amazing. He didnt stand out much later in the game but I think he will today. Him, Zboril and Vala are the bright point in our defence.
Kalina and Hrdinka are just meh. Didnt pay too much attention to them. Was nice to see Vala replace Hrdinka fairly quickly though. He's clearly better.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Don't think that's possible. If Kvasnicka is really out replacement will likely be Budik. (Unless Zacha comes, in that case they wouldn't replace the D probably)

Oh ok. Id be ok with that too. I like Budik a lot. Maybe not as much of an offensive player then Kvasnicka, but definitely better defensively. Which I think is more important at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad