Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Which Dembélé though?

I assume he means spurs Dembele.

And I disagree with him. Spurs Dembele is a pretty unique player, so he can be of very little use for a coach who can't utilize him properly. But for a coach he fits with, he can pressing-demon who can drive the ball forward with his dribbling, and very valuable piece to an aggressive & high-tempo midfield.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, it depends on how you rate him before saying he's overrated.
If you think he will become Messi then obviously you overrate him.
If you think he has the potential to be a top 10 offensive player, then you don't overrate him.
If you think he can't be more than a good L1 player, then you underrate him.

We've had lots of amazing young talents in L1, including several Ballon d'Or winners. None was as amazing as Dembélé through his first L1 season (Zidane, Hazard, Ronaldinho, etc...).

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
how would you improve upon Spurs for next year?

The back 4 and Lloris are top notch. I think Dembele and Dier are a fine backbone and of course you have Kane and Alli.

....so that leaves Eriksen and Lamela. Of course they are fine players, but there are better players out there, but they will be expensive. Do you spend big money on an improvement there, or maybe just a veteran support player for Kane up front?

I don't completely agree with your assessment.

Back line and goalie, I agree. Not much needs to be changed there. Midfield is where we disagree, I think Spurs needs a better player than Dembele. He's not bad, but I've never really thought he was a top notch player. Are any of Carroll, Mason or Winks going to be the answer? I'm not sure they would be, so you might want to offload Dembele and get a better option than him. You might also want to get some more depth at that position, if none of the younger alternatives are going to be good back-up quality for next season. They might be, but I'm not sure. I think Eriksen should be kept in place, along with Kane and Alli, but I think there needs to be better alternatives at that other wide midfield position and back up striker than Lamela, Son, Chadli. I'd personally keep Lamela and Son, and get rid of Chadli bringing in a starting RM, and a back up CF.

Additions:

Starting B2B midfielder-Pjanic, Nainggolan, Fabregas, Thiago A., Gundogan, Kante, Zielinski H. Herrera, Renato Sanches, Dahoud,
Starting RM: James, Hazard, Sane, Yarmolenko, Mkhitaryan, Dembele, Lemar, Mahrez
Back up ST: Batshuayi, Embolo, Benteke, Ramos

Subtractions:

Dembele
Chadli

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
No Bentaleb in substractions?

I wouldn't. He's only 21, and he's missed most of the season due to injuries. I wouldn't just throw him away for nothing or close to it, which is likely what you'd get for a player who's been injured nearly the whole season.

I've read a few articles that he might be on his way out, but if I was choosing, he'd stay, and I'd wait until he's healthy and can assessed as to where he fits into the squad. At that point, if he's not in the plans of the squad, I'd let him go.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I wouldn't. He's only 21, and he's missed most of the season due to injuries. I wouldn't just throw him away for nothing or close to it, which is likely what you'd get for a player who's been injured nearly the whole season.

I've read a few articles that he might be on his way out, but if I was choosing, he'd stay, and I'd wait until he's healthy and can assessed as to where he fits into the squad. At that point, if he's not in the plans of the squad, I'd let him go.
I see; yeah if he is fit next season he should have a 2nd chance

But he already has 2 assists for Rooney he should b careful :D

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't completely agree with your assessment.

Back line and goalie, I agree. Not much needs to be changed there. Midfield is where we disagree, I think Spurs needs a better player than Dembele. He's not bad, but I've never really thought he was a top notch player. Are any of Carroll, Mason or Winks going to be the answer? I'm not sure they would be, so you might want to offload Dembele and get a better option than him. You might also want to get some more depth at that position, if none of the younger alternatives are going to be good back-up quality for next season. They might be, but I'm not sure. I think Eriksen should be kept in place, along with Kane and Alli, but I think there needs to be better alternatives at that other wide midfield position and back up striker than Lamela, Son, Chadli. I'd personally keep Lamela and Son, and get rid of Chadli bringing in a starting RM, and a back up CF.

Additions:

Starting B2B midfielder-Pjanic, Nainggolan, Fabregas, Thiago A., Gundogan, Kante, Zielinski H. Herrera, Renato Sanches, Dahoud,
Starting RM: James, Hazard, Sane, Yarmolenko, Mkhitaryan, Dembele, Lemar, Mahrez
Back up ST: Batshuayi, Embolo, Benteke, Ramos

Subtractions:

Dembele
Chadli

I don't know if that list of names is supposed to be serious...

Dembele is a very good player. They just need better backups.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Süddeutsche Zeitung is saying that Bayern is pursuing Sandro Wagner.
erm.gif

Bayern has also been connected with Pjanic a lot recently.

Dembele looked like spurs best player this year.

IMO Erikson but Dembele was a good candidate as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Süddeutsche Zeitung is saying that Bayern is pursuing Sandro Wagner.

Maybe they want him to fill the role that Pizarro did for three seasons?

I don't know if that list of names is supposed to be serious...

What's not serious about it? They are options, some are more likely than others.

Dembele's not bad, I just think thats a position they can improve on, and I definitely don't think he was close to their best player. What about Kane, Alderweireld, Alli? Out of their starting XI, I would place him near the worst performers, not near the top performers.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Maybe they want him to fill the role that Pizarro did for three seasons?

What's not serious about it? They are options, some are more likely than others.

Dembele's not bad, I just think thats a position they can improve on, and I definitely don't think he was close to their best player. What about Kane, Alderweireld, Alli? Out of their starting XI, I would place him near the worst performers, not near the top performers.

Bayern's bench generally is of a far higher quality than Wagner. Pizarro was one of the best strikers in the world once upon a time and still serviceable in his old age. Wagner not so much.

Some of those players are simply not worth Spurs' effort to pursue.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Yea Dembele is a very, very good player. One of Spurs best and most important. It's difficult to say where Spurs will need upgrades in the starting 11 as everyone had very strong seasons. They definitely need a superior bench though. Full backs are solid, as is Wimmer and Son is a versatile attacking player. Young guys such as Bentaleb, Clinton, Caroll, Onomah, Winks still have a lot to prove. It's to be determined if they're up to the quality Poch will be striving for next year.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Well, damn, left the house with DM's report of a Bayern interest in Sandro Wagner, got back finding out about done deals for Hummels and Renato Sanches, the latter out of absolutely nowhere. Not too shabby. Don't know much about Renato Sanches, though, other than him being highly touted.

35m + 45m in variables for Sanches :amazed:
Yeah, I initially thought they'd have to mean bonuses to put it towards €45M total, but it seems it's really up to €45M in bonuses. That's pretty crazy - that's more bonuses than our transfer record fee thus far. I have to assume that's like €5M per CL win (over five years = €25M max) and another €5M for each year he finishes top-5 in Ballon d'Or voting or something insane like that.

EDIT: Seems like our front office revealed something relatively similar - FIFA player of the year and team of the year nominations.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Reports saying MU offered ~40M euro up front and 20M euro in bonuses.

Also regarding the bonuses, I'm sure they'll come out eventually, but a BM statement did include this bit "possible add-ons that for instance will be due for payment should the player be called up to the world XI or elected as the FIFA World Footballer of the Year"

I assume there's also some lower level goals that are more reasonably reachable.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What was the need for Bayern to announce before the Pokal final?

Classless team.

Hummels is the biggest hypocrite in football as well.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
What was the need for Bayern to announce before the Pokal final?

Classless team.

Both teams announced it. If Dortmund didn't want it completed before the cup final, they could have stopped negotiations until afterwards. They obviously didn't care, it was the same degree of distraction either way, with or without the final word.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Both teams announced it. If Dortmund didn't want it completed before the cup final, they could have stopped negotiations until afterwards. They obviously didn't care, it was the same degree of distraction either way, with or without the final word.

Wouldn't play him in the final if I managed Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad